Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

27 minutes ago, Latty said:

That reads like they absolutely are able to take the mercenary. Probably another FAQ point.

Lol. I read it as, just not a SoBt army 😂

Mercs allowed then 🤔

Edit: Have been reminded that mercs don't get the 20 models on objectives so, yeah, not the best option 😅

Edited by Tropical Ghost General

1 hour ago, EasyArmy said:

That said, I can't understand why the Bonegrinder Mega-Gargant is not considered a hero? It seems based on the lore that Mega-Gargants are by default considered heroes to their kinfolk. Seems like a very strange and unnecessarily limiting decision.

I think this is because they would have been forced to create a new sub-faction for using the bonegrinder as your general.

1 hour ago, twrightii said:

Most of the merc rules were removed in the new GHB

Which doesn't invalidate the mercenary rules from GHB 2019. 

Twas the night before Gargants, when all through Moogypies land,
Not a model was painted, not even a hand.
The Loincloths where hung by the brushes with care.
In hopes that Big Boys soon would be there.

The Mancrushers were nestled all snug on their shelf.
While visions of murder, eating and killing some elf.
Lady Moog with her car and I with my cash
Had just settled for bed, in the morning GW to dash.

Tomorrow is finally the day ❤️ 
There's been a lot of salt flying about, some great talk and disagreements, but I can't wait to get them painted and (eventually) on the table and being stompy! :) In line with todays GW article, I can't wait to see what the Sons community can push out with conversions and i'm already having a good think what to make after the 3 standard variants. 

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

“Godzilla Destroys Tokyo” List

General: Warstomper Mega Gargant “Thorgar Thunderstomper - Terror of the North” with Monstrously Tough and Ironweld Cestus

Warstomper Mega Gargant “Grundar Groundbreaker”

Warstomper Mega Gargant “Erruk Earthshaker”

Battleline: 3

1 Unit of 3 Warstomper Gargants “Jarl, Fjor and Hamish”

Extra Command Point

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

Nice to see some discussion with actual games played. Hopefully stem a bit of the salt. Not the list I would run personally but  they did go breaker tribe. 

Super nice review! loved it and made me look better into the SONS

I still have a feeling that 3 units of 3 Manchrushers + a Warstomper might be okay. People thought BCR would suck with the new book when it first came out. Not enough power projection.

What you have with the setup I mentioned above is basically an army of distraction carnifexes. Going maximum smash might be the way to go. BCR are a lot more tanky and way faster so they play the objective game easier.

Doing 2/3 dmg on all attacks vs most frontlines is devastating if you get a relatively healthy unit of 3 in. The Warstomper is okay. But I feel he's just there to provide run & charge to the MC's.

Don't get me wrong. It might be extremely boring gameplay wise. More so than BCR. And you will absolutely lose a full unit of MC's before the second round. But out of all the builds this is the only one feel has any staying power.

It's also the most expensive $$$ wise.. But okay.

Edit:

Actually.. Not so sure. Did a dice test of a unit of 3 MC with support vs 1 unit of 60 stabbas with support. And while they did 35 wounds to the grots. They also lost a MC on the hit back. 1 CP to have the grots not run away and it would turn out unfavorably for the MC's...

Edited by Pitloze

18 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

Nice to see some discussion with actual games played. Hopefully stem a bit of the salt. Not the list I would run personally but  they did go breaker tribe. 

I watched this and while it is nice to see some positivity I find a lot of the discussion was overly so.

Much of the strong aspects discussed, like breaking unit coherency, only work if the opponent piles in first, and doesn't pile in with the grabs in mind. 

Some of the tactics they suggested were kicking an objective to the center, so you could group up your gargants over objectives and force the opponent to charge into multiple gargants. This seems like a decent strat but is heavily dependent on having space for multiple gargants to fit into, which often won't be the case with 5" bases.

Another was to use a kraken eater with 2 mancrushers in front, turned sideways to create a power unit thats hard to deal with. But that costs 900 points...

There were some good points about making careful charges onto the edges of units so they can't pile in much of the unit, although I worry about how much control we actually have over dictating the flow of battle that way. 10-12" move isn't slow, but it isn't particularly fast either