Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

40 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Nice tips for resing and metal, specially since many players maybe didn't work with them at all:

Old World Almanack – How To Get the Best out of Your Resin and Metal Models - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Those are really handy guides! I'm definitely going to keep them bookmarked! My friends have only really worked with plastic, so having a one-pager for metal and resin is extremely handy

In favour of the idea that GW will be reasonably swift in releasing the other factions: until they do it's just going to encourage people to buy other companies dwarves, elves, orcs, goblins etc. And I doubt that's what they want in Nottingham Towers...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

In favour of the idea that GW will be reasonably swift in releasing the other factions: until they do it's just going to encourage people to buy other companies dwarves, elves, orcs, goblins etc. And I doubt that's what they want in Nottingham Towers...

Tomorrow we would see.

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

That's a very good point! Tomorrow is the official release of Forces of fantasy and Ravening hordes. People will start looking for mini's to build their armies and those armies will not only be TK and Brets. Each week that passes that they don't release mini's for the released armylists is money that goes to other miniature companies.

wishlist for tomorrow:

dwarf box with:

-32 warriors

-32 quarrelers

-16 miners

-2 organ gun/canon

-new hero on shieldbearer

with the new book we get also:

-new fw model of grombindall with rules on the dwarf book

-new bsb of fw resin

-return of the kit of thorgrim on fw resin with rules as prince on the new book

-a new plastic kit with rangers

this is the more realistic,but my wildest dream is a new plastic kit style bretonian pegasus  with a throne of power and the options to build on it a king with every option(one hand and shield,two hand and the bsb) or a runelord on it.

• LOVE IT! 1

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone have any recommendations for kitbashing a bretonnian Hippogryph? Especially now that we know its a 50mm base.

Ive got a spare victrix african war elephant since im turning one into elephant artillery for my border prince bombard. Would an elephant with wings work for my hippogryph (elephogryph)? Or would that look a bit too goofy?

27 minutes ago, Doko said:

wishlist for tomorrow:

dwarf box with:

-32 warriors

-32 quarrelers

-16 miners

-2 organ gun/canon

-new hero on shieldbearer

with the new book we get also:

-new fw model of grombindall with rules on the dwarf book

-new bsb of fw resin

-return of the kit of thorgrim on fw resin with rules as prince on the new book

-a new plastic kit with rangers

this is the more realistic,but my wildest dream is a new plastic kit style bretonian pegasus  with a throne of power and the options to build on it a king with every option(one hand and shield,two hand and the bsb) or a runelord on it.

Thorgrim seems a bit off for TOW, remember that Alriksson was the High King at that time (btw, I want him too).

About new BSB, I just hope to see a plastic King/Thane on (3) shieldbearers, with an option for the Thane to have a BSB. That would be a good equivalent of the Baron dude on pegasus.

About the box, I hope you are 100% right (maybe thunderers instead of quarrellers, and I prefer cannons instead of organ gun, but either way, really good box).

Btw, TK and Bretonia had a new/resculpted units. What do you think about new resculpted Slayers or Rangers?

12 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Thorgrim seems a bit off for TOW, remember that Alriksson was the High King at that time (btw, I want him too).

About new BSB, I just hope to see a plastic King/Thane on (3) shieldbearers, with an option for the Thane to have a BSB. That would be a good equivalent of the Baron dude on pegasus.

About the box, I hope you are 100% right (maybe thunderers instead of quarrellers, and I prefer cannons instead of organ gun, but either way, really good box).

Btw, TK and Bretonia had a new/resculpted units. What do you think about new resculpted Slayers or Rangers?

yes i know,so i said thorgrim as prince and not king,rigth now the king is alive and is his uncle if i remember rigth.

the box i said quarrelers and organ guns,but these boxes are multikit and both can be built as thunderers and cannons if they use the last version of late 6th edition for warriors,quarrelers etc

as i said i think rangers gonna be the new unit,we havent any real model for them while even if they are ugly and old we have slayers.

so seeing as they released the old metal battle pilgrims and the new unit was the unit withouth models, im sure if we get new unit gonna be the rangers.

• Like 2

I mean we could get rangers or the lord on shield, or we could get a full range refresh of the warriors, slayers, artillery still in resin, new anvil of doom, new heroes, new everything!! Right? One can dream?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lightbox said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone have any recommendations for kitbashing a bretonnian Hippogryph? Especially now that we know its a 50mm base.

Ive got a spare victrix african war elephant since im turning one into elephant artillery for my border prince bombard. Would an elephant with wings work for my hippogryph (elephogryph)? Or would that look a bit too goofy?

Highland miniatures on etsy is your answer for anything Bretonna. The Gallia line is what you are looking for. Its pretty much a 1 for 1 copy of most of the old Bretonna units.

Its all resin, but the price and quality are really really good. Pretty much got one of everything from the line and have no regrets.

image.png.6743aafc374cf11ad0de2fe227c0cf18.png

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Not very encouraging when my GW preorder is still listed as Processing on their site.

Not sure if it's different for direct orders, but a LFGS posted today that GW is having some serious stock problems right now and actually just straight up disabled the option to order a lot of stuff that they currently don't have physically in the store, and for everything Warhammer, since they just don't know when shipments will finally start coming in to the regional distributor.

So seems like at least the continental European supply situation is real bad even past the immediately vanished TOW launch.

19 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Not very encouraging when my GW preorder is still listed as Processing on their site.

Was just about to say this. My books are still processing.

I requested a refund a day or so after purchase due to unforeseen finances, but they stated the order was already processed past the point of being able to cancel the order.

2 week window to just be sat there. I know this will be the current stock/warehouse issue, but yeah, disappointing.

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad

1 hour ago, RyantheFett said:

Highland miniatures on etsy is your answer for anything Bretonna. The Gallia line is what you are looking for. Its pretty much a 1 for 1 copy of most of the old Bretonna units.

Its all resin, but the price and quality are really really good. Pretty much got one of everything from the line and have no regrets.

image.png.6743aafc374cf11ad0de2fe227c0cf18.png

Are the rider and mount separate? I want to be able to like replace the lance with an axe etc and that looks tough if its all printed together.

6 hours ago, Lightbox said:

I've got an old isle of blood high elf on hippogryph that ought not be too hard to convert if you wanna stay tourney legal?

7 hours ago, Lightbox said:

Are the rider and mount separate? I want to be able to like replace the lance with an axe etc and that looks tough if its all printed together.

The parts:

image.png.99d29c3c58c9c4c44a94ace54abac70a.pngimage.png.707d7fd0c6c2d9bbbb29f2b06663337c.png

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

Got a notification this morning that the books are due to be delivered today. Excited to dive into all the lore and start theory crafting! 

Do we have any idea what time or in what format the next army announcement will be in? I'm guessing it will appear on warcom as an article at some point rather than a stream?

5 minutes ago, Freypal said:

Got a notification this morning that the books are due to be delivered today. Excited to dive into all the lore and start theory crafting! 

Do we have any idea what time or in what format the next army announcement will be in? I'm guessing it will appear on warcom as an article at some point rather than a stream?

Probably around  9am or 10am UK time on WarCom as warhammer world opens its doors for the launch event. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Not sure if it's different for direct orders, but a LFGS posted today that GW is having some serious stock problems right now and actually just straight up disabled the option to order a lot of stuff that they currently don't have physically in the store, and for everything Warhammer, since they just don't know when shipments will finally start coming in to the regional distributor.

So seems like at least the continental European supply situation is real bad even past the immediately vanished TOW launch.

I would say they have had this issue for at least 4 to 6 months now.