Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

35 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Isn't it better now over there? Here in Spain it is easier to get stuff like Forge since they joined the webs.

image.png.21f78e41f521b3ab24daacaf70475ecd.png

The Bretonna box and model are priced pretty okay. The 15% puts them in a good spot.

The resin and metal models being only able to buy from GW itself will be interesting in both price and availability since that has been a problem for a while now.

5 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

image.png.21f78e41f521b3ab24daacaf70475ecd.png

The Bretonna box and model are priced pretty okay. The 15% puts them in a good spot.

The resin and metal models being only able to buy from GW itself will be interesting in both price and availability since that has been a problem for a while now.

I can ask my retailers for online-only products and I still can get a 25% discount from a new store or an 18-20 from my usual place. Can't you do that?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I can ask my retailers for online-only products and I still can get a 25% discount from a new store or an 18-20 from my usual place. Can't you do that?

Listen here friend, this here is AMERICA where the best we get is 15%. We got to earn our minis with blood, sweat, and tears!

As for online-only products most stores don't get them since that must a commie thing. USA! USA! USA!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Listen here friend, this here is AMERICA where the best we get is 15%. We got to earn our minis with blood, sweat, and tears!

As for online-only products most stores don't get them since that must a commie thing. USA! USA! USA!

Oh. That's sad.

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

hnnn im spanish as you and its imposible find online only products with more than 5% disscount. where can you get it with 20? send me a pm with the link plz

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Doko said:

hnnn im spanish as you and its imposible find online only products with more than 5% disscount. where can you get it with 20? send me a pm with the link plz

Sent. If anyone else wants to know feel free to reach me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I assume they also do orders to the rest of the EU? If yes. I would love to know the online shop too. 😉

I am not sure, honestly. I guess so, but it could be tricky as most of the catalogue is not ready to be ordered in their stores and you have to contact them via whatsapp.

As a reference, I checked once for a Domion box from Belgium because it was with a 50% discount, but when I saw the postage cost it was not worth it anymore when I could find it with a 20-15% discount over here.

I am going to ask about orders from outside Spain just in case.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 01rtb01 said:

Are the launch boxes a splash release or a permanent fixture do we know please?

They are permanent, but imo there's still the doubt about until when. Maybe when the next two factions are launched the current ones are not produced anymore.

10 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I assume they also do orders to the rest of the EU? If yes. I would love to know the online shop too. 😉

One of the stores would be open to send to the EU, but they would need the address and the items that you would like to buy, and also they understood it kinda of me being the middleman rather than anyone from here wanting to purchase straight. So it is not too sustainable if there are a lot of users interested.

7 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I shudder to think what Aussie prices are going to look like... 

I feel for our NZ cousins across the pond. But I imagine it's going to be somewhere in the $350ish range for the big box, then $80-120 range for all other boxes. The 40k 10th launch box was $420 direct from GW...I'm going to get my big box from a discounter if they get preorders but yeah, I put away a decent chunk of cash for it.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

One of the stores would be open to send to the EU, but they would need the address and the items that you would like to buy, and also they understood it kinda of me being the middleman rather than anyone from here wanting to purchase straight. So it is not too sustainable if there are a lot of users interested.

Thanks for the info, but it seems indeed a lot of hassle.

I have bought from this German store before and it went well. Will see how it goes with TOW. https://taschengelddieb.de/ 

Looking at the Pegasus Lord sprue. I didn't even realise that you could just keep the wings off and create a generic lord or paladin on horse if that's an option? Then have the glorious wings for something else.

Looking forward to seeing the new Knights of the realm bits on the old cavalry, hopefully they spruce them up nicely. 

Thats a pretty weak start to the round tables, verrrrry defensive rather than informative, id probably respect them more if they just said, "Yeah we made changes, suck it up nerds" and got on with discussing things they are actually enthusiastic about.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

Thats a pretty weak start to the round tables, verrrrry defensive rather than informative, id probably respect them more if they just said, "Yeah we made changes, suck it up nerds" and got on with discussing things they are actually enthusiastic about.

I’m going to disagree with you. I think it’s a great start. It’s actually something to read and it’s great they have set out the period the game is in and refined it. I’m probably going to read the background now rather than what most people did previously by skim reading it as it didn’t change much between editions. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

For the life of me, I don't understand why they are so adamant about the "good" and "evil" camps. 

I'm not particularly upset about it as we can all ignore the artificial division if we want to, but I just don't see why it matters so much, either lore-wise or meta-marketing wise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KingKull said:

For the life of me, I don't understand why they are so adamant about the "good" and "evil" camps. 

I'm not particularly upset about it as we can all ignore the artificial division if we want to, but I just don't see why it matters so much, either lore-wise or meta-marketing wise.

Imo it is easier to comprehend for those that are totally outside warhammer.

• Like 1

I wasn’t sold on the description of this invasion as being our Horus Heresy or Siege of Terra, even if I get why they’ve chosen it.

To my mind, that kind of epic storytelling has to be the Great Catastrophe and everything surrounding it. Continent-spanning wars. The elves, dwarfs, and Lizardmen at the heights of their powers, standing fast against the sudden onset of Chaos. Slann, calling down comets and raising mountains. Armies of temple guard holding the line. Grimnir, facing off against hordes of daemons. The dragon emperor and his children defending what would one day become Cathay. Everything the elves put into desperate action to stem the tide…

I want novels about the slann turning their mind to the continents and pulling them apart. The wars against the native species and all their ancient civilisations. The dragon ogres making their pact. A race retreating from oblivion at the hands of the saurus to the depths of the sea. Aenarion’s many battles. The ancestor gods. The fall of the gates and how each race was impacted! Getting goosebumps just thinking about how awesome and sublime and epic it would be!

I appreciate that’s going too far back for the game, practically speaking, and isn’t inclusive of all the modern-setting armies people still play with. But I can’t see the Siege of Praag as coming anywhere close to those events, even if it was undeniably important.  

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros