Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Guys, it could be a coincidence or GW getting ready for an announcement tomorrow during the Warhammer World Open Day, but it is appearing me in the site that the big Bret box is back in stock:

Warhammer: The Old World Core Set – Kingdom of Bretonnia Edition (Inglés)

image.png.f95d685c3a391c31ae8bb20d9c909785.png

FOMO is a hell of a drug. I keep considering buying this because if I don't I may not get another chance for a while, then I decide not to. Then, a bit later, I consider it again...

1 minute ago, JerekKruger said:

FOMO is a hell of a drug. I keep considering buying this because if I don't I may not get another chance for a while, then I decide not to. Then, a bit later, I consider it again...

This is not a FOMO box. You would have your chance. I just ordered mine, but I will sell everything except the new mini. I want to convert it for my CoS. Back 17-18 years ago I converted a pegasus knight (like the ones in the box) with some skaven arms (and I think a space marine body) to create my own character. It is time to do it with an HD version (and no space marine pieces xD).

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This is not a FOMO box. You would have your chance. I just ordered mine, but I will sell everything except the new mini. I want to convert it for my CoS. Back 17-18 years ago I converted a pegasus knight (like the ones in the box) with some skaven arms (and I think a space marine body) to create my own character. It is time to do it with an HD version (and no space marine pieces xD).

Oh I know it's not a true FOMO box, but I suspect it'll be out of stock for the majority of it's overall life span, so if I do want it I may have to (shock horror) wait a long time to get it 😄

I'm not going to buy it anyway. I have the rule book, I have templates, I don't want the old Bret sculpts, and the easiest way to get the Duke is to buy him separately (if I decide to get him). But that little part of my brain keeps kicking in.

11 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Oh I know it's not a true FOMO box, but I suspect it'll be out of stock for the majority of it's overall life span, so if I do want it I may have to (shock horror) wait a long time to get it 😄

I'm not going to buy it anyway. I have the rule book, I have templates, I don't want the old Bret sculpts, and the easiest way to get the Duke is to buy him separately (if I decide to get him). But that little part of my brain keeps kicking in.

There's a problem. The one sold separately doesn't include the same sprues.

Edited by Ejecutor

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Looks fantastic! The mini's look great on square bases! I also really like the WoC armylist, lots of options. I am looking forward to its arcane journal!

Same here and I think those new revealed darkoath models will be making the crossover to square bases into my army! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlazerVX said:

Noticed the carrions were unable to order or did I miss something like a delay announcement?

They're on the UK GW site. They are online only so 3rd party stores won't have them. 

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

3rd party stores can order them still. At least they do it here.

They can order them but don't generally stock I've found them unless a customer asks, here in the UK at least. 

27 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

They're on the UK GW site. They are online only so 3rd party stores won't have them. 

Ahh US here and guess they were delay. Add salt to the wound, tomb scorpion sold out as I was checking out😔

Still some weathering to do and the bases, but here is my first errant knight and a wizard. Either for the Empire or an Outcast. Still need to decide. My first mini's on square bases in ages 😄

image.png.3506b882fe00747a1a172a0b8e6c7923.png

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Still some weathering to do and the bases, but here is my first errant knight and a wizard. Either for the Empire or an Outcast. Still need to decide. My first mini's on square bases in ages 😄

image.png.3506b882fe00747a1a172a0b8e6c7923.png

They look amazing! What models are those? 

Feels good to be square doesn't it!!?? 😂😂

• Like 1

Thank you! It are 3d printed mini's. The errant knight is from Reconquer Designs and the wizard is from Last Sword Miniatures.

It certainly does feel great! With AoS I certainly saw the appeal in round bases, but now with the increased base size for TOW compared with previous Warhammer editions it so much easier to rank up a unit. Easier to make beautiful units. My goal is to make each unit a small diorama. 🙂 

I still haven't decided which army I want to start with. I also started painting a TK Tomb Guard. You would think because it's a skeleton it would be fast to paint, but I can't say it is 😄.

I never managed to paint a complete army for Warhammer. Time to finally succeed in that 🙂

With Bretonnia I think I will follow the 5th edition heraldry rules instead of the new ones mentioned in the Arcane journal. Or maybe a mix. Lol, choices 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm really curious how many of the new resins they are making. Nekaph is already sold out. Did anyone here successfully get one?

I noticed how the bretonnian foot knights seem to be sold out where the Solar HH guard box can still be found online. 

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm really curious how many of the new resins they are making. Nekaph is already sold out. Did anyone here successfully get one?

I did get one, according to the order email. I'm in North America.

21 hours ago, BlazerVX said:

Ahh US here and guess they were delay. Add salt to the wound, tomb scorpion sold out as I was checking out😔

Same thing happened with the tomb swarms a while back.  They showed up on the UK store several weeks before the US store had them.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm really curious how many of the new resins they are making

The only explanation is that GW drastically under produced TOW kits. They currently have limited allowance production capacity (new factory shenanigans), and they under-estimated the demand level of their target audience.

They probably thought that between Grognards with established armies (some of them distrusting GW) and new Customers (in part Total War Warhammer enthusiasts, i.e. not an "already hobbyists" demography), TOW would not meet the level of demand* of other "brand new" GW games. Same with Legion Imperialis, apparently, probably considered to be too "niche".

* Everyone agrees that TOW is hitting hard the nostalgia button - that effect will die off when TOW is around one year old I guess -, while not offering that many new models, i.e. vexing more than one people expecting more new/redesign kits, Cathay and mostly, Kislev.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Everyone agrees that TOW is hitting hard the nostalgia button - that effect will die off when TOW is around one year old I guess -, while not offering that many new models, i.e. vexing more than one people expecting more new/redesign kits, Cathay and mostly, Kislev.

My biggest fear is they retire beasts to the old world and then fail to support the old world and it dies out.

• Sad 1

The demand certainly is higher than what GW has expected / produced. So it only seems logical that for certain TOW mini's / kit they will produce a higher amount. But it's a certainty that every new resin will sell out asap. This will happen with O&G and every other release that includes new mini's.

I assume management is taking notes and will hopefully allocate more resources to TOW if justified.

I think TOW will be supported for a long time. Worst case is that after the arcane journals for the core factions only a yearly campaign book with a couple of resin miniatures will be released. Best scenario is that TOW keeps being a succes and gets more resources allocated to it until it reaches the same budget as AoS.

It will be interesting to see how AoS 4 will sell and the reactions to it. If the rumours are true that they will do a rules reboot with AoS than everything is possible. From immense succes with crazy sales or failure. Both could have an impact on TOW or maybe not. Who knows 😄

I can't be disappointed as a yearly campaing book with a handful of mini's is already good for me.

I was very excited with AoS 3rd edition and the first general handbook, but our group plays only 2 times a month. The crazy stuff they are doing with the latest GHB, it's not for us anymore. As we use the AoS app we use the point adjuments that are regulary updated, but we ignore everything that came with two latest GHBs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

My biggest fear is they retire beasts to the old world and then fail to support the old world and it dies out.

Everything seems to point out in the other direction and I'm pretty sure that GW is working on a long term plan for TOW. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

* Everyone agrees that TOW is hitting hard the nostalgia button - that effect will die off when TOW is around one year old I guess -, while not offering that many new models, i.e. vexing more than one people expecting more new/redesign kits, Cathay and mostly, Kislev.

Yes but consider that it will take 2 years to release the 9 focused factions ( one every 3 months with 3 waves). Then the support will be more or less what Middlearth got : campaigns books with new FW resins kits.

And yes, BoC seem to be moved into ToW.

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 1