AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

14 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I think the issue with Brutes is that their attack profile is waaaay too similar to Ardboyz.

They do slightly more damage, but they are worse in every other way (model count, base size, board control, mobility, bravery). 

Ardboyz are almost as good at fighting, and better at everything else, so I keep gravitating back to them.

You can certainly use Brutes, and they're pretty efficient for their points.  But I think you're probably using them because you like them, moreso than because they're a particularly effective part of an army build.

As they have the 2” reach special weapon you only have a frontage of 4 which is similar space to 5 ardboyz whilst doing around twice the damage. So they’re far more efficient in terms of footprint to damage output which is huge. Tables now have a lot of terrain then faction terrain and endless spells so often frontage can be very small. 

If your wanting a heavy IJ focus they’re a cheap battline and have a cheap battalion. 

I love ardboyz as well that’s why I stole the ardfist brutefist list idea from another post. 

• Like 1

Interesting. Greenskinz are still legal within the Big Waaagh allegiance, based on the Orruk keyword, and this is promoted by a simultaneous edit to their warscroll: changing the Warboss's Waaagh command ability to once per unit, per turn, and wholly within adjustments all for both it and the totem. 

I wish they clarified if they were battleline, though, because that would allow for a pure Greenskinz list in the big waaagh (forfeiting command traits/tome artefacts). 

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

All the tournaments that I played had the rule: the army list must be done with the Warscroll Builder. With that tool i cant include Orruks... 

The Warscroll Builder isn't anything close to an accurate representation of the rules. There isn't even a validity check that the Azyr app has. Sounds comical to me. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Floom said:

The Warscroll Builder isn't anything close to an accurate representation of the rules. There isn't even a validity check that the Azyr app has. Sounds comical to me. 

I've run into way more bugs on the Azyr app than I have on the Warscroll builder personally. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Floom said:

What kind of validity check do you need? It states in the top if you have too few battleline units or too many heroes/artefacts etc.

9 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Ok!, they updated the WB! The return of the Greenskinz WAAAAGH!

On that note - what are folks' thoughts on running Greenskinsz since they've effectively been squatted? Faux pas? More green the better? In particular tournament protocol.

I have a few of the older models lying around from the old days and have a Warboss on Wyvern I've been wanting to try bringing to the table for that tasty Waaagh! command ability.

(Bonus Question: when an ability gives bonus attacks to "melee weapons" does that effect mount attacks? ex. maw-krusha or gore-gruntas?)

4 minutes ago, Kowbasher said:

On that note - what are folks' thoughts on running Greenskinsz since they've effectively been squatted? Faux pas? More green the better? In particular tournament protocol.

I have a few of the older models lying around from the old days and have a Warboss on Wyvern I've been wanting to try bringing to the table for that tasty Waaagh! command ability.

(Bonus Question: when an ability gives bonus attacks to "melee weapons" does that effect mount attacks? ex. maw-krusha or gore-gruntas?)

Yes Greenskinz are legal in Big Waaagh! You could run an entire Greenskinz army using Da Big Waaagh! allegiance however only normal Orruks would battleline. (not the greenskinz specific stuff).

Bonus attacks to melee weapons means every profile listed under the melee weapons profile unless stated otherwise. So in this case yes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kowbasher said:

In particular tournament protocol.

I think all their rules have been adjusted so that they are a sub par generic army.

No real tricks and slightly overpriced. Which is great imo. Literally zero people should have a complaint playing them. Same with TK, they are legal now (in GH) but don’t do much. This was not the case 2 years ago. TK were really good and that was a problem since imo it’s not great for the game to have a squatted army on the top tables.

14 minutes ago, Kowbasher said:

His CA use to be stackable which made him amazing. Yesterdays FAQ made it non stackable.

For 140 points there are better options but he is still usable. The perfect place for old units imo.

Just now, svnvaldez said:

I think all their rules have been adjusted so that they are a sub par generic army.

No real tricks and slightly overpriced. Which is great imo. Literally zero people should have a complaint playing them. Same with TK, they are legal now (in GH) but don’t do much. This was not the case 2 years ago. TK were really good and that was a problem since imo it’s not great for the game to have a squatted army on the top tables.

They all have the Orruk keyword, as Greenskinz Orruks have the generic battleline and wouldn't be allies they are thus battleline in da big waaagh! (see Savage Orruks in the Warclans Book).

So you could run them using the big waaagh! abilities. Only issue would be that your warbosses/shamans can't take traits, artefacts or spells from the book.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malakree said:

They all have the Orruk keyword, as Greenskinz Orruks have the generic battleline and wouldn't be allies they are thus battleline in da big waaagh! (see Savage Orruks in the Warclans Book).

Yea I think it’s awesome you can take them in the army. They make cheap battle line which is cool!

I just don’t believe they are that great. Which I think is a good thing.

Use them if you want, but they won’t be tabling people.

Just now, svnvaldez said:

Yea I think it’s awesome you can take them in the army. They make cheap battle line which is cool!

I just don’t believe they are that great. Which I think is a good thing.

Use them if you want, but they won’t be tabling people.

I actually don't think they are as bad as you're making out. 280 points for 40 makes them the highest model count unit in the army even if not the highest wound count.

• They are fantastic as a Waaagh! engine.
  • Great screens
  • Have a better save than Savage Orruks.
  • Have -1 Rend on their chompas.
  • Can take shields, rerolling saves in the combat phase, or two swords, rerolling 1s to hit.
  • Irronically being 1 wound makes them better vs Slaanesh 🤡
  • Actually have a Waaagh! command ability on their characters.
  • The Bannerboss is still amazing.

So while they are lacking in some areas they won't be that far behind an IJ or BS Big Waaagh! army and definitely have a place in a mixed one.

• Like 1

Will be running this list tomorrow in a friendly match against Fyreslayers.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

-Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Gordrakk, the Fist of Gork

- General

-Mount Trait: Fast 'Un

Maniak Weirdnob

-Breath of Gorkmorka

Wardokk

-Kunnin' Beast Spirits

Orruk Warboss on Wyvern

-Boss Choppa and Boss Shield

-Artifact: Ignax's Scales

30x Savage Orruks

-Stikkas

30x Orruk Arrowboys

5x Brutes

Aleguzzler Gargant

Extra Command Point

184 Wounds          1990/2000

Maniac makes the Arrowboyz more killy. Wardokk makes the Savage Orruks more resilient by stacking his dance and Kunnin' Beast Spirits.  

I'll keep the Warboss on Wyvern near the Savage Orruks and Brutes when they fight, but he should be tough enough to pick off a hero or two as well.

The wildcard here is the Aleguzzle Gargant - I love the model and have one lovingly converted to fit the Bonesplitterz theme (same for the Warboss on Wyvern) Open to suggestions on what to do with the points.

With Ere We Go, first Hero Phase, I should have 13 Waaagh! points.

Hello guyz, I used to run Ironjawz in my town,

so, we have received "a new battletome" for the updated orruks.

so far, I have tried 3 games with my colleagues and feels like it has become a lot weaker than before and can't win a single game.

(against Deepkin, Chaos Dwarf, Stormcast Eternals)

My question is do you guyz think Ironjawz, on its own, is competitive in a matched play games?

or I should really think about buying some new models to form a Big Waaaagh?

---

Here is my list.

Ironjawz / Ironsunz

Hero

Megaboss (460) - General / Sunzblessed Armour/Right Fist of Dakkbad / Mean'un

Warchanter - Killa beat

Warchanter - Get em beat

Weirdnob Shaman - Shamanic Skullcape / Big Hand of Gork

Battlelines

3 Gore Gruntas

3 Gore Gruntas

10 Ardboyz

10 Ardboyz

10 Brutes

Battalion

Ironfist

Extra Command Points (50)

Total 1960 pts

Thanks

• Like 1

Could use some help with a 2k list. I know I want to combine some of the best bits of each army, specifically:

Savage orruk blob

Arrowboys blob

BS wizards to buff the above

MK / Gord

Gruntas unit of 6

Warchanter to buff the above 

While you can just about fit them in 2k, it's a stretch and you lose out on the (in my opinion) mandatory Ironfist battalion. So... 

Is a 30 blob of savages needed, or would 20 do? With 20 I could get a Kunnin Rukk up easily, but it seems small for a 2k anvil unit (especially as I might only have one). 

How valid is a Wurrgog with so many models on my side? I feel like a general Wardokk might be more useful with its defensive buffs if I'm trying to save points, and the Maniak casts more reliably. 

Is a MK worth it if I'm using 6 Gruntas? This is what I'm expecting is a no, if not for how good Gord is in a BW army and how cool the centrepiece is. 

I'm going to try a few variations but interested in your opinions. Ultimately  I think it'll be a  "choose 2 of 3: MK / Gruntas / Arrows".