New FAQs are up with adjusted points

Quite a lot if increased point on the skaven side ouch...

Like the fact they tried to fix FeC with ereta that allows for counter play rather than make everything 100pts more.

Gloomspite might turn from solid mid tier to very good after all these point drops too.

• Like 1

Q: I have a question about how the Reapers of Vengeance Slaughterhost command ability ‘Leave None Alive’ (after a unit has fought in the combat phase for the first time, if it is within 3" of an enemy unit it can fight for a second time) interacts with the Tyrants of Blood battalion ability ‘Fierce Rivals’ (after a unit from the battalion has fought in the combat phase for the first time, you can pick another unit from the same battalion that has not yet fought in that combat phase and it can fight). Both happen at the same time, so can I use both for the same unit? A: No. When you have two or more abilities that happen at the same time, you must use them one after the other, in the order of your choice, completely finishing one until you move on to the other. In this case you will need to decide which of the two abilities you want to use first for the unit. Having done so, you will not be able to use the second ability as each must be used ‘after’ the unit has fought for the first time, and this will no longer be the case for the second ability. Note that the use of the word ‘after’ in the Age of Sigmar rules is synonymous with ‘immediately after’, not ‘at any point in the future’

Not related to Blades of Khorne, but that could this mean that there are only two saves after saves? 
I can only find  two wordings behind all saves after saves: "each time you allocate a wound or mortal wound" and "each time this unite suffer a wound or mortal wound". No more Mystical terrain+Warscroll Abilitties+magic+artefacts+Allegiance Abilitites, etc... to make more than 2 saves after save?

Edited by Beliman

4 minutes ago, boots468 said:

So, all points (including fyreslayers and slaanesh) are now set in stone until GHB 2020? (barring any new battletomes).

Maybe? The article says they'll be doing points reviews with the rules reviews but only for books that have been published since the last points/rules update. 

Edited by SwampHeart
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Platypus said:

Yes, and LoG isn’t Nighthaunt either, so no Nighthaunt battalions either.

As far as I know there are no limitations on battalions to specific allegiances other than the keywords of the units in those battalions. Its the same reason people are running "Hedonites Slaanesh Allegiance Depraved Drove" 

Just now, michu said:

No the reason is Beasts of Chaos FAQ that allows it. 

Is there anywhere objectively that speaks to battalions being restricted to the allegiance of the book they are printed in?  People in my local meta won't accept anything other than published hard proof.  As it stands there is no such restriction printed in the battalions section of the core rules. 

2 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

As far as I know there are no limitations on battalions to specific allegiances other than the keywords of the units in those battalions. Its the same reason people are running "Hedonites Slaanesh Allegiance Depraved Drove" 

Core FAQ:

Q: Some warscroll battalions included in battletomes do not have a faction listed above their title. How do I determine which faction they belong to for the purposes of allegiance abilities?
A: The battalion belongs to all of the factions in that battletome. For example, the warscroll battalions in Battletome: Stormcast Eternals are part of the Stormcast Eternals faction.

BoC Errata:

Page 85 – Marked by the Decadent Fiend
Change to:
‘Units from this battalion gain the Slaanesh keyword. In addition, this warscroll battalion is part of the Slaanesh faction and the Beasts of Chaos faction.’

The BoC god battalions have errata to allow them in the god allegience armies.

• Like 2

Just now, Platypus said:

Core FAQ:

Q: Some warscroll battalions included in battletomes do not have a faction listed above their title. How do I determine which faction they belong to for the purposes of allegiance abilities?
A: The battalion belongs to all of the factions in that battletome. For example, the warscroll battalions in Battletome: Stormcast Eternals are part of the Stormcast Eternals faction.

BoC Errata:

Page 85 – Marked by the Decadent Fiend
Change to:
‘Units from this battalion gain the Slaanesh keyword. In addition, this warscroll battalion is part of the Slaanesh faction and the Beasts of Chaos faction.’

The BoC god battalions have errata to allow them in the god allegience armies.

thanks, this is helpful.

11 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not related to Blades of Khorne, but that mechanic means that there are only two saves after saves? 
I can only find  two wordings behind all saves after saves: "each time you allocate a wound or mortal wound" and "each time this unite suffer a wound or mortal wound". No more Mystical terrain+Warscroll Abilitties+magic+artefacts+Allegiance Abilitites, etc... to make more than 2 saves after save?

It's right there: "...two or more..."

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Nox said:

So Legions of nagash now get 3 extra fairly unblockable Graveyards? Sylvaneth get 3 free wyldwoods meanwhile a lot of factions get next to nothing out of the terrain. Sounds really well thought out and balanced.

I don't think it works this way. A Legions of Nagash gravesite is not a terrain feature. Just because a terrain  piece is thematically a graveyard (like the sigmarite mausoleum) doesn't mean that it counts as a gravesite for LoN. Similarly, the Sylvaneth terrain feature is "Awakened Wyldwood" not "Wyldwood".  The Wyldwood on the terrain list doesn't do anything special for Sylvaneth armies. Furthermore, if you use the "unique" option to place faction-specific terrain then it no longer uses the faction terrain's warscroll; it just counts as generic terrain.

That said, there are some corner cases of strange warscrolls that have abilities that reference particular non-faction terrain features. It should be much easier to use those abilities now, although it remains to be seen whether tournaments will actually use this part of the pitched battle rules given that it adds so much more setup to the beginning of the game.

5 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

The general rule is that all units in a battalion count as the allegiance of the battalion. This was faq'ed in a while ago and ruined quite a few builds. Like @michu said the only reason why BoC can do it is because their faq explicitly says that they can.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, XReN said:

It's right there: "...two or more..."

Yeah, because if it was only one ability, then there wasn't anything "stacking" at the same time. Not sure what you mean. (sry, I'm not not used to speak in english 😰)

Edited by Beliman

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

Yeah, because if it was only one ability, then there wasn't anything "stacking" at the same time. Not sure what you mean.

Since it's 2 or more the "more" can be any number, saves after saves are not ending after 2nd such ability

27 minutes ago, boots468 said:

So, all points (including fyreslayers and slaanesh) are now set in stone until GHB 2020? (barring any new battletomes).

They may be updated in the christmas errata, they are adding point and larger rules changes to their bi-annual updates

10 minutes ago, XReN said:

Since it's 2 or more the "more" can be any number, saves after saves are not ending after 2nd such ability

But you can't use them because it's not "instantly after". Ex.:
You have 6 "save after save" for one unit witht he wording "after you allocate a wound or mortal wound":

1. -Your unite doesn't save 1 wound.
  2. -That wound is allocated to X model from that unite.
  3. -Immediately after that, you use one of this abilities (doens't matter which because all of them saves at 6+).
  4. -You fail that save too
  5. -You can't use any more "save after save" for that wound because that will not be "Immediately after" and the unite suffers the wound.

IMO, you can only stack two saves after saves. The one that says "allocate" and the one that says "suffer".

Edited by Beliman

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

I don't think it works this way. A Legions of Nagash gravesite is not a terrain feature. Just because a terrain  piece is thematically a graveyard (like the sigmarite mausoleum) doesn't mean that it counts as a gravesite for LoN.

Well this rule from the Mausoleum warscroll definitely sounds like it would work just like a normal gravesite except this one you can't reasonably block it with your own units:

Domain of the Dead
A Sigmarite Mausoleum is a haunted desolate place, cursed with a a deathly energy that empowers the minions of Nagash.
A Sigmarite Mausoleum is treated as a gravesite for the purposes of the The Unquite Dead battle trait from Battletome: Legions of Nagash. This in addition to any gravesites that would normally be picked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3sujnplxc3rfxv/domain_of_the_dead_rule.jpg

You are probably right about the Wyldwood though I guess sylvaneth is immune from taking damage from it so it has a faction specific bonus imo.

Edited by Nox

7 minutes ago, Beliman said:

But you can't use them because it's not "instantly after". Ex.:
You have 6 "save after save" for one unit witht he wording "after you allocate a wound or mortal wound":

1. -Your unite don't save 1 wound.
  2. -That wound is allocated to X model from that unite.
  3. -Immediately after that you use one of this abilities (doens't matter which because all of them saves at 6+).
  4. -You fail that save
  5. -You can't use any of them because that will not be "Immediately afte" and the unite "suffers" the wound.

IMO, you can only stack two saves after saves. The one that says "allocate" and the one that says "suffer".

Both Khorne abilities refer to fighting first time, that's why you can't stack them - they don't face the restrictions. Making aftersaves is always after you allocate a wound

43 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not related to Blades of Khorne, but that could this mean that there are only two saves after saves? 

Well in the same FAQ but for Skaven they say "Q: If I cast both Death Frenzy and Dreaded Death Frenzy on the same unit, can the models pile in and attack twice when slain? A: Yes." so they have proven to be inconsistent. I think we are all have been using the multiple saves and will continue to do so where it applies until they clarify it. They also specifically clarified it in 40k a while back, while a different game system we haven't received the same clarification so I say roll with it.

• Thanks 1

The gh have been a very poor job and this faq have been other poor job.

Both havent done NOTHING to balance the meta.

Both the nerfs and buffs have been almost nothing +20 or -20 when some units needed changues of 60-100 per example.

Also armys as dok needed get the wholy within in every aura as almost every army have (fyreslayers got it at last gh) but they didnt get nothing

• Haha 3