New FAQs are up with adjusted points

You can change the URL to read the Slaanesh FAQ, there are no changes so I don't know why it was re-uploaded. We're missing the Skaven FAQ and the GHB FAQ at current. Don't know if someone was in a hurry to hit upload today or what but its a messy launch. 

3 minutes ago, michu said:

How? They say Legion of Grief is not a Legion of Nagash.

Exactly.  Nagash has keyword Deathlords and LoG can use units with the keyword.  None of the rules for LoN apply to an army using the LoG rules, so the Nagash restriction in LoN doesn't apply.

Edited by Equinox
  • Like 1

This is an interesting one for anyone doing minimum units 

Q: Many warscrolls allow weapon options and other upgrades to be taken by ‘1 in every x’ models. For example, 1 in every 10 models in a unit of Blood Warriors can replace the unit’s weapon option with a Goreglaive. What happens if the unit has fewer than x models?

A: The weapon or upgrade cannot be taken. For example, a unit of Blood Warriors with fewer than 10 models could not have a Goreglaive.

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

This is an interesting one for anyone doing minimum units 

Q: Many warscrolls allow weapon options and other upgrades to be taken by ‘1 in every x’ models. For example, 1 in every 10 models in a unit of Blood Warriors can replace the unit’s weapon option with a Goreglaive. What happens if the unit has fewer than x models?

A: The weapon or upgrade cannot be taken. For example, a unit of Blood Warriors with fewer than 10 models could not have a Goreglaive.

Wasn't that already FAQ'd before? Was a first edition FAQ that didn't get fixed in the rules and just now getting reFAQ'd for 2nd?

• Like 2

Looks like we know why compendium units made it into the GHB this year, now GHB and official errata are now the only official source of truth for pitched battle points and they even cleaned out a few old ones that snuck in.  On one hand it does put a much more solid stamp of approval on compendium units that are now in the book, but at the same it's now more definitive about units that moved to Warhammer Legends now no longer being in pitched battle AoS anymore, though presumably even one they show up in Legends, they're still valid until the next years's GHB that removes them, unless they do like they've doing here and remove them via errata once their Legends rules come out.  NOTE: When I say removing units after they show up in Legends, I'm referring to compendium units only, as several current models also show up in legends.

Edited by bsharitt

46 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Thought it was just me with a Japanese  Slaanesh faq. The skaven one seems to be missing. Savage strike only working if you charge is a nice change. 

Just change "jp" to ''en" in the url. I don't see anything meaingful though.

edit: Might not be the correct file though, it says May 2019 at the top.

Edited by themortalgod

1 minute ago, themortalgod said:

I'm pretty surprised at how little Daughters and FeC were impacted. GKoT only going up 20pts isn't going to impact things at all and no changes to DoK points? Seems like the kings of the meta will remain at the top for a long while longer.   

DoK already got their point changes in GHB 2019, and the Savage Strike change is a big deal. Savage Strike now has a counter play option that simply didn't exist before. 

Edited by SwampHeart
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwampHeart said:

DoK already got their point changes in GHB 2019, and the Savage Strike change is a big deal. Savage Strike now has a counter play option that simply didn't exist before. 

Right, forgot about that, interesting, so really it is going to Age of FeC now. ;) 

Just now, themortalgod said:

I'm pretty surprised at how little Daughters and FeC were impacted. GKoT only going up 20pts isn't going to impact things at all and no changes to DoK points? Seems like the kings of the meta will remain at the top for a long while longer.   

DoK already got nerfed in the GHB, to nerf them again so quickly would be in very poor taste. For the others, I feel lije they are being very moderate in their changes, which isn't a terrible thing.

And confirmation of bi-yearly point update! This is the best part of this update for me, so glad to hear that they are going to make more consistant updates, it will help them fine tune game balance and fix issues that arise much earlier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, themortalgod said:

so really it is going to Age of FeC now.

FeC has super rapidly dropped from its top, people know how to counter play it and especially with Slaanesh in the meta it just isn't what it was on release. Now with the Savage Strike change FeC are in the solidly good tier but they're not kings (and really haven't been since the first 2 months of their release). 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

So Legions of nagash now get 3 extra fairly unblockable Graveyards? Sylvaneth get 3 free wyldwoods meanwhile a lot of factions get next to nothing out of the terrain. Sounds really well thought out and balanced.

Just now, themortalgod said:

One thing that surprised me is that is no FAQ saying "deathless spirits" and deathless minions" is interchangeable. As it stands now, Shroudguard in Legion of Grief gets . 5+ and 6+ save since Shroudguard cancels out "deathless spirits" not "deathless minions"

Except the fact that you cannot take battalions into LoG