The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Ndabreaker said:

I can only go on what im told. Im not the leaker. Im just relaying what im told.

Was told duardin where being amalgamated into one book as it would solve several problems (lack of options for fireslayers, redo of ko warscrolls to fix them and please dispossessed fans) . no time scale on when this is coming.  People look into the groupings in the webstore too much , they constantly change. 

We have already seen a number of smaller factions rolled back into big ones. 

This idea have some lore problems. I just hope that your "contact" just doesn't know context. Otherwise this will be a disaster, because each dwarf player want his/her faction being "their own" thing. 

KO, Fyreslayers and Disspossessed deserve their own tome.  

• Like 5

Guys, you are terrible.

We so rarely have any rumours at all and yet most what a rumour monger meets at tga is doubt and accusations of sloppy guesswork. Do you want to scare any people who might know things to come? At least wait till that march/april to check if there is anything going with Seraphon. No wonder people feel offended and say they won't share any other news.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, xking said:

You do know this is basically the same thing as what I said.  "due to the effects of the necroquake. Seraphon daemons can now  stay in existence without the help of the slann. This will allow them to exist as physical creatures" 

For sure! I was just giving you more proof for your theory!  😁

2 minutes ago, Ndabreaker said:

The way it seems is that you would have 4 allegiances. A mixed one plus 1 for each . So you can play pure if you want. Think LON 

The point is that the lore for every faction is very specific.

If we get 120 page of lore, 40 per allegiance with skyports, lodges etc AND a good reason (and i mean a good one) for the duardins to work togheter after they split up 200 years before...yeah. I'm on it.

• Like 1

I can see Disspossessed and Fyreslayers merging easily. KO though have quite a decent army of their own and a totally different aesthetic. They are the techno advanced wing of the Dwarves and even their basic troops are clearly a totally different approach to war and design. 

Honestly they could just add one or two models to KO or change how a few of their leaders work and solve most of their issues. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Aranthir said:

@Ndabreaker please can you tell anythign more on Elves, are only Malerion Elves coming in 2020 or Tyrion's as well or anything ? :D 

He spoke about it. Most likely at the begining of 2020.

I wonder if meanwhile they will at least merge some microfactions on the GHB 2019.  I think Elves are on such limbo that we dont see battle reports, any news, lore , anything at all.

35 minutes ago, Overread said:

I can see Disspossessed and Fyreslayers merging easily. KO though have quite a decent army of their own and a totally different aesthetic. They are the techno advanced wing of the Dwarves and even their basic troops are clearly a totally different approach to war and design. 

Honestly they could just add one or two models to KO or change how a few of their leaders work and solve most of their issues. 

Their lore is so vastly different too. They don't like the closed minded nature of the other dwarves. Not to mention dispossessed players almost universally hate KO and vice versa I know from experience IRL and online with plenty from each. This is a bigger lore change to force them together than Newcrons being all friendly space Egyptians. If this happens I'll probably just quit AoS and GW permanently since they seem to love nuking every army I ever like. 

However I am not shooting the messenger if it does happen. Just letting my thoughts be heard. 

Lets not forget - thus far NDABreaker hasn't actually had any of the posted hints actually proven yet. 

So we are still in the same position we were in a few days ago, only now with some structure to the hope, but we still have no concrete proof and won't until we start to see the earlier rumours start to come into reality. 

7 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

He spoke about it. Most likely at the begining of 2020.

I wonder if meanwhile they will at least merge some microfactions on the GHB 2019.  I think Elves are on such limbo that we dont see battle reports, any news, lore , anything at all.

I don't think  that Elves will get one Battletome - I think they will be folded into some factions 

GW could easily fold Wandereres into Sylvaneth 

They could fold Pheonix Temple into Tyrion's Aelves (it's bascially two kits) 

Maybe they could fold 1-2 units into Malerion's Aelves (Dark Riders come to mind) 

then they could fold rest of them into Free Cities BT. 

1 minute ago, Aranthir said:

I don't think  that Elves will get one Battletome - I think they will be folded into some factions 

GW could easily fold Wandereres into Sylvaneth 

They could fold Pheonix Temple into Tyrion's Aelves (it's bascially two kits) 

Maybe they could fold 1-2 units into Malerion's Aelves (Dark Riders come to mind) 

then they could fold rest of them into Free Cities BT. 

Yes but the folding could be made on the GHB book, so we can actually have playable armies until the proper books come along.

Something along the lines of grouping Order Draconis, Phoenix Temple, Eldritch Council for example and Darkling covens with Scourge privateers.

Honestly a fair chunk of what factions are to come is stuff most of us have guessed will happen already based on GW's general patterns and behaviour. The dates are more the only solid part of the rumour that are new; though with how things keep getting moved around (something we've heard from numerous sources) its hard to pin those down. 

I'd say the only surprise so far is the possibility of KO allying with other dwarves in a single battletome; and even that could just be a casual mix up (saying all durdain together whilst forgetting that KO are the same race as they are so visually distinct).  Otherwise Seraphon getting an update; new Skaven and Flesh Eaters, Slaves and Dark Aelves etc... are all pretty much confirmed by and large. It's just a case of when we will see those updates rather than if. Though GW can still throw confusion into the mix. They could still surprise us with the new Skaven update being only Clan Skyre and going for individual Clan books (interestingly the new duel army kit is comprised of ONLY clan Skrye models)

• Like 1

Sounds like quite a big jump for Skaven - that's longer than Cultists* unless GW is throwing a tonne of new models at Skaven? Just seems odd to lead with a duel kit when half of that kits update won't come until a whole year later. 

*assuming the combined army box is within the next two months or so which is about in line with the 3 month preview window that GW generally sticks too. 

Just now, Ndabreaker said:

True but didnt say which skaven. Year of the rat is too good of an opportunity for gw to pass up 😉

True and the new duel kit is all clan skyre - though i think many are hoping for a unified skaven book like Gitz and Beast of Chaos have had. 

54 minutes ago, Ndabreaker said:

This is true . I dont know my source personally so i have some concern aswell. I will be completly honest about how this came about. 

I comment alot on warhammer community social media and had a private message from someone saying they had info. I was abit dubious at first. However he got the dates of some of last years releases right including this years gloomspite. I have only come here to share because of how much he got right.

So he could be just extremly lucky with guessing or he knows inside info.

This is as fishy as it gets. Shows how bad we are on the rumours department that with such an implausible siurce everyone gets excited!

Most NDA rumours sound like easy guesses. Seraphon is where he is playing his cards. If he gets that right, then the implausible source becomes an actual source.

Speaking of which where are the real rumourmongers we had here. Moonstone and the other guy?

• Like 2