The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I'm so glad they let Slaanesh out of prison for the afternoon (probably not for good behaviour) so that He could be a part of the official portrait... 

20240523_204830.jpg

I guess those are just greater daemons. The rat looks good among the merry band as well! 

btw, perhaps GW changed it meanwhile, but I remember Slaanesh used to be described as „it“ instead of he or she. That always stuck with me as a big fan of Pennywise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

Good tune down of the fangz spell and the ability to kill when killed of the squigs

Would you or any other Git expert say that Gitz got nerfed? I hope they won‘t end up as one of the weaker armies again. 🙏

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

HASHUT FORGE-CITY!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHimage.png.cc3b2b85760cdfd52ece9df3159c52c3.png

HOLY SH*T IT'S ACTUALLY REAL WE ARE GETTING ACTUAL CHAOS DWARVES

NEW COGFORT MINI/TERRAIN VS NEW BALE TAURUS HERE I COME

MY HOBGROTS WILL SEE PAINT! MY HORNS OF HASHUT WILL RETURN REGARDLESS OF BEING CUT!! MY METAL CHORFS WILL SEE ROUND BASES!!!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

23 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Looking on the new map my old eyes must be failing me, I cant seem to find any temple cities outside of the map key. 

There was supposed to be a temple city north west of Har Kuron but I dont see it. 

The map key is specifically labeled "KEY FOR ALL REALM MAPS", so it applies to any map of the Mortal Realms.

For instance there's no Ossiarch Necropoli in the Great Parch but I'm pretty sure that symbol will become relevant in the maps of Shyish and Ghur. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MitGas said:

btw, perhaps GW changed it meanwhile, but I remember Slaanesh used to be described as „it“ instead of he or she. That always stuck with me as a big fan of Pennywise. 

Back in the World-That-Was Slaanesh was often described as completely androgynous, so 'it' was appropriate. But in all the AoS lore they've always (to my knowledge) used the 'he' pronoun. 

Unlike His daemons, who are all 'them/they/it' nowadays. Even the Alluress has become an Allurer. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Augusto said:

the 5+ward  is down below

I keep forgetting that they shoved ward in the keyword section. I’m gonna misplay so hard this edition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Back in the World-That-Was Slaanesh was often described as completely androgynous, so 'it' was appropriate. But in all the AoS lore they've always (to my knowledge) used the 'he' pronoun. 

Unlike His daemons, who are all 'them/they/it' nowadays. Even the Alluress has become an Allurer. 

Slaanesh has been referred to He for a very long time, despite being described in the lore as androgynous. I remember in the 40k book Talon of Horus an Emperor's Children Marine is even outright amused by an Eldar referring to Slaanesh as a female. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Would you or any other Git expert say that Gitz got nerfed? I hope they won‘t end up as one of the weaker armies again. 🙏

With just having seen 3 warscrolls and no points? No idea about the whole army 😅 but at least the spell has been nerfed quite a bit (-6 range and +4 to the casting roll) and the ability of the squigs redesigned to just afect the attacking unit (like the current zombies or flagelants)... Which you can or cannot interpret as a nerf XD They can still be a good army once se see the whole index 😄

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Gitz was crazy OP in third, now seems like a normal book.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Slaanesh has been referred to He for a very long time, despite being described in the lore as androgynous. I remember in the 40k book Talon of Horus an Emperor's Children Marine is even outright amused by an Eldar referring to Slaanesh as a female. 

Ah, well there you go. I wasn't sure about how He was represented in 40K, as I'm a complete ignoramus when it comes to that end of the lore! 

2 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

With just having seen 3 warscrolls and no points? No idea about the whole army 😅 but at least the spell has been nerfed quite a bit (-6 range and +4 to the casting roll) and the ability of the squigs redesigned to just afect the attacking unit (like the current zombies or flagelants)... Which you can or cannot interpret as a nerf XD They can still be a good army once se see the whole index 😄

From what we've seen it looks pretty similar to the 3rd edition book but with the op stuff sanded off. The Gloomspite were one of the worst abusers of rally in third with three units rallying on a 4+ from one command point. It was a ridiculous ability. To see the end of that kind of ability is good for the game even if it does make Gloomspite weaker. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I think Slaanesh can/should get any pronouns and it be appropriate. It makes a lot of sense that different cultures and individuals would have a unique perception of the "most impossibly alluring chaos god." I've liked the take that Slaanesh really is more of a mirror than something with a set/solid form him/her/it/themselves

22 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

MY HOBGROTS WILL SEE PAINT! MY HORNS OF HASHUT WILL RETURN REGARDLESS OF BEING CUT!! MY METAL CHORFS WILL SEE ROUND BASES!!!

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

HASHUT FORGE-CITY!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHimage.png.cc3b2b85760cdfd52ece9df3159c52c3.png

Way past stoked, love seeing "Hashut Forge-City" in a key that'll be applied to all the realms.

The second they're given any background in AoS, they'll suddenly launch to a faction with a footprint that dwarfs what they had in WHF in the Dark Lands.

My boys were always stuck in the Fantasy Eastern European Hellscape! So cool to see them elsewhere. 

I've been waist-deep in my Chorf backlog the last couple months, real psyched to see them relevant again

Edited by Pizzaprez
  • Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

From what we've seen it looks pretty similar to the 3rd edition book but with the op stuff sanded off. The Gloomspite were one of the worst abusers of rally in third with three units rallying on a 4+ from one command point. It was a ridiculous ability. To see the end of that kind of ability is good for the game even if it does make Gloomspite weaker. 

Yes, exactly. That's what I was referring in my first message with "tuned down". The abilities and spells have the same flavour, but putting them in a more standard power level

• Like 1

Have they given enough info yet for us to know if there's a difference between Control Score and a Control characteristic?  

The squigs are locked to Control Score 1, whilst goblins get +3 Control Score under the moon, do we know if CS is the total of a units control characteristics?  (In which case it's a minor benefit to goblins but a huge obstacle for squigs.) Or is it the other way round, where you're modifying the individual Control characteristic per model and then totalling them?  (Where the squigs would function kinda as normal, but the goblins would be extremely high scoring in the moonlight.)

Either way is interesting, I was just curious if we knew for sure one way or the other.

33 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would just put that down as general future proofing, not necessarily evidence of concrete plans for an expansion. This language might even be standard for all resurrection abilities.

Probably future-proofing. Katakros’ ability currently only works on melee profiles even though the OBR barely have any shooting and none of it would be broken even at +1 to hit, due either to low rend, low volume, or generally just being severely underwhelming. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

I also love that the Skaven have made progress in Shyish by dint of simply dying in such horrific numbers in the other realms xD

I'm actually kind of annoyed/confused by that part.  Like, an island chunk of skaven city bursting into shyish would be fine and good, but a new underworld?

that's specifically not supposed to happen.

Maybe they're going to retcon how underworlds work again in 4e, but in the past new underworlds formed in the wild magic of the realm's perimeter and drifted inward to join the established innerlands as faith in that underworld consolidated and calcified.  In the aftermath of the necroquake and the formation of the shyish nadiir the swirling magic at the perimeter of the realm is gone.  It no longer exists.  It was all either absorbed into the black hole at Nagashizzaror exploded out into the realms at large in the necroquake - the energy of which was settled and siphoned away by Teclis.

New underworlds aren't supposed to form in current day AoS, because the stuff they used to be formed from simply isn't there anymore.  Unless maybe the skaven underworld was already there, and has simply exploded in size/power/population since the vermindoom?

I don't know.  Going to hold off on passing judgement, but I won't be happy if they go back on the lasting impact of prior events.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Ah, okay, the whole „it“ for Slaanesh is from before any HH books, I wondered why I see „he“ instead of „it“ so often these days. 

Edited by MitGas

50 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Looking on the new map my old eyes must be failing me, I cant seem to find any temple cities outside of the map key. 

There was supposed to be a temple city north west of Har Kuron but I dont see it. 

I don't see any temple city in the old one either. Maybe it is something that was added after the first edition?

21 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Yeah, thanks for shedding some light on it - I mainly read about Slaanesh before the HH series started, so it‘s old lore by now but back then it was always it, which I thought was cool, as it made Slaanesh seem more alien. 

4 minutes ago, Sception said:

I'm actually kind of annoyed/confused by that part.  Like, an island chunk of skaven city bursting into shyish would be fine and good, but a new underworld?

that's specifically not supposed to happen.

Maybe they're going to retcon how underworlds work again in 4e, but in the past new underworlds formed in the wild magic of the realm's perimeter and drifted inward to join the established innerlands as faith in that underworld consolidated and calcified.  In the aftermath of the necroquake and the formation of the shyish nadiir the swirling magic at the perimeter of the realm is gone.  It no longer exists.  It was all either absorbed into the black hole of the Nagashizzar Shyish or exploded out into the realms at large in the necroquake - the energy of which was settled and siphoned away by Teclis.

New underworlds aren't supposed to form in current day AoS, because the stuff they used to be formed from simply isn't there anymore.  Unless maybe the skaven underworld was already there, and has simply exploded in size/power/population since the vermindoom?

I don't know.  Going to hold off on passing judgement, but I won't be happy if they go back on the lasting impact of prior events.

Evergnaw has existed for a while since 2nd Edition I think. It definitely predates the Necroquake. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

And what about "Lost Duardin Hold"? Di-di-di-dispossesed coming as well?!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1