The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

While the early reports were suggesting a lot less models in the box, I would've still preferred a box without the Spearhead book, spearhead cards, terrain or mat that was just cheaper.

All the minis are great, and even with the increased price it's still a big discount, but I do not want extra ****** cluttering my house up or having to just chuck stuff out because I have no need of it nor can I find a good home for it. It's just wasteful.

ironically enough, I want both books and the Spearhead goodies more than the models or terrain, so i think there's still a secondhand market for them. I think I am going to wait on the actual starter sets before buying. The new Stormcast just feel too overdesigned for my liking. I can wait for smaller sets and/or the Christmas boxes, I just really want the books.

9 hours ago, Chikout said:

Weirdly enough, more  detailed stuff is easier to paint with contrast. A good example is the leather hafts on weapons. Those used to be a nightmare to highlight but this is just a single coat of contrast. 

Looks like I need some contrast paints ASAP, Yndrasta looks amazing!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Lord Veritant after he steals the Imperitant doggo

The old Veritant comes with a gryph, unless you proxied yours

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Man Gw is begging for people to make Talhia to a breakout charcter. They artifically trying to make a Ursarkar E. Creed and  shove in everyone face actually saying he single handling build the modern Crusade when she was completely against it

and what else are they supposed to do? Everything about Warhammer lore is artificial because it is fiction. Creed probably felt the same way when he was introduced. You can be against something and still make the best of the situation to save lives. the weirdest part about this blurb is how they worded the last sentence

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

The old Veritant comes with a gryph, unless you proxied yours

I think (eyeballing) the new one comes on a smaller (32mm vs 40mm) base, as did the one of the Lord Imperatant

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

I dunno, AoS became better with every step towards grimdark they took.. leave the happiness to some meh setting like Forgotten Realms! Nobledark… the goody two-shoes in the setting can be nobledark, let the rest of us be grimdark! 🙏

AOS opens up with refugees being chased by their own tribe who got forcibly turned into Khornate cannibals. It's always had grimdark in it, but it also does better with having noble characters to give us real stakes.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I think (eyeballing) the new one comes on a smaller (32mm vs 40mm) base, as did the one of the Lord Imperatant

huh... that's strange. I've got both character companions and the 6-pack and thought they were all 32s

17 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

AOS opens up with refugees being chased by their own tribe who got forcibly turned into Khornate cannibals. It's always had grimdark in it, but it also does better with having noble characters to give us real stakes.

It's less about single stories but an overall mood for me though and that's where AoS became more to my taste in recent years. Dunno what this sudden demand for noble characters is though - we always had noble characters in Warhammer, even in 40k and even in evil factions. I think you define noble differently to me. 

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Nice read love we are using our Spymaster Zane Delorius. Hidden hand, Whisperblades, Shadowblades it such a fascinating concept that would be great to see in Warcry or Underworlds

still find it hilarious that the "Big bad" is literally showing up in the finale with absolutely no build up other than a page of her going "ah yes my plan, my devious plan" and a foreshadowing in a short

34 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

and what else are they supposed to do? Everything about Warhammer lore is artificial because it is fiction. Creed probably felt the same way when he was introduced. You can be against something and still make the best of the situation to save lives. the weirdest part about this blurb is how they worded the last sentence

The thing with Creed was that until the Cadia campaign where we saw him action, Talhia is all talk so far for the most part even it contradicts what previously establish like that what Dawnbringer was supposed to be all about but she bails and what left is just more Vedra propaganda. Like Marshal Iscilla Thorian is far more interesting and rounded character then Vedra due to us seeing the progress and high and low of her leadership 

wording of the last sentence was simply re-iterating that she has an "anti-establishment" feel towards the government which doesn't matter because the High Patriarch back her in her coup and she lover with the Prime commander

3 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

It's possible that it's just awkward wording.

Sans Beasts, there are (currently) 23 factions listed on the GW webstore.

While one would naturally expect the words "any of the other 23 factions" to mean that they were excluding the two in the article... someone might have just grabbed the total, forgetting to subtract two. (Or multiple editing passes adding the "other" without considering that what that does to the number.)

They say in the article there are 25 spearheads : “ You get the 144-page hardback Spearhead: Fire and Jade book, which contains the rules for 25 separate Spearhead boxes“

Boc vanguard/spearhead is no longer available/sold out .

Sons of Behemat has not currently a vanguard/spearhead 

Stormcast and Orruk warclans have already one .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

The Lord Veritant has an "F" on her back scroll so I might've been right that the giant "E" rumour is for Stormcast

image.png.89a5eed2d2e566efc12185675cffc9d6.png

image.png.c2ab84fe25aa846af64b2c40783ab713.png

Her lordship (ladyship? It's getting confusing) simply sucks at maths, that's why she got an F. Watch out for the upcoming release of the Tutor-Scolasticus (from the supportive Learning ChamberTM) to turn that F into an A!

Edited by MitGas

1 minute ago, Twisted Firaun said:

So looking at the community page it looks like Genestealers and Ad-Mech are on the table for tomorrow. IMG_0317.jpeg.16c9727217f80fde6df6acbc31224334.jpeg

Slight distinction, most likely Mechanicum for Heresy, not Ad-Mech of 40k. They seem to refuse the plastic kits to cross over anymore.

4 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

So looking at the community page it looks like Genestealers and Ad-Mech are on the table for tomorrow. IMG_0317.jpeg.16c9727217f80fde6df6acbc31224334.jpeg

Mechanicus for Heresy, Genestealers for Necromunda, the thing on the left for 40k? Or thing for Necromunda and GSC for 40k.

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

It's less about single stories but an overall mood for me though and that's where AoS became more to my taste in recent years. Dunno what this sudden demand for noble characters is though - we always had noble characters in Warhammer, even in 40k and even in evil factions. I think you define noble differently to me. 

I read your other post--there's def a definitional difference. I shoulda just said nobledark or noble factions, characters have never been an issue.

"Grimdark" is generally regarded as "there is little hope to change circumstances, struggle is often meaningless against evil" which is why people bust out "Nobledark" for AOS, as "there is hope and meaning in the struggle against evil". You definitely have a more nuanced look on grimdark than most of what I hear!

15 minutes ago, cyrus said:

They say in the article there are 25 spearheads : “ You get the 144-page hardback Spearhead: Fire and Jade book, which contains the rules for 25 separate Spearhead boxes“

Boc vanguard/spearhead is no longer available/sold out .

Sons of Behemat has not currently a vanguard/spearhead 

Stormcast and Orruk warclans have already one .

The Goonhammer Spearhead article indicates there are rules for a Sons of Behemat Spearhead (it's 3 Mancrushers!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Her lordship (ladyship? It's getting confusing) simply sucks at maths, that's why she got an F. Watch out for the upcoming release of the Tutor-Scolasticus (from the supportive Learning ChamberTM) to turn that F into an A!

Rather, these are a list of all the "Fs in the chat" that fallen Stormcast heroes have received over the years.

• Haha 1