The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Just so I understand here you think they're not getting a big attention release because they're not important enough?

No, he means that they could keep the current aesthetic because there's nothing on TOW core factions that looks close enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Just so I understand here you think they're not getting a big attention release because they're not important enough?

No i think they WILL get big attention 

Just they're not going to redo them from scratch like Hight elf--> lumineth or Cities of sigmar--> empire

They get more a Slaves to darkness, Skaven, Soulblight or Serpahon redo where they stick with the faithful of the old Ogre Kingdom but with extra flair. The OK aren't a core race in ToW so there no need to be "visually distinct" to put it when it come to the Mawtribes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, novakai said:

Hence why GW are probably not done canning models this edition, and it can still happen when one armies Battletome comes out.

Yeah, can always happen mid-edition. Just look at the last Cities book where we lost phoenix temple and wanderers. I imagine we'll lose duardin the next time they get a book (which will probably be later this year).

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

No i think they WILL get big attention 

Just they're not going to redo them from scratch like Hight elf--> lumineth or Cities of sigmar--> empire

They get more a Slaves to darkness, Skaven, Soulblight or Serpahon redo where they stick with the faithful of the old Ogre Kingdom but with extra flair. The OK aren't a core race in ToW so there no need to be "visually distinct" to put it when it come to the Mawtribes

They may simple do it if the design studio don’t like the current aesthetics of the Ogors though.

simply put i don’t think they will manage to replace all resin models if a refresh happens. There units like Yhetees and Firebellies that seem too far out from the design from the Gutbuster that they not important enough to get new models. 

Minimally they could just give Ogors a plastic Butcher, Maneaters from Warcry, discontinued all resin models when the next battletome comes out and that it until 5th edition.

Edited by novakai

10 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

AHHHH I was starving for #NewAoS news, thx !!

BTW WarCom uses - again - an intact azyrite building picture for their terrain article .......

Whitefang Jr confirmed they were supposed to come from the Gallet book related box. So maybe they even had them painted for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

AHHHH I was starving for #NewAoS news, thx !!

Yeah, it's not like we'll have a "full preview" next week (full preview of what's left, like a few bones at this point).

Just now, Sarouan said:

Yeah, it's not like we'll have a "full preview" next week (full preview of what's left, like a few bones at this point).

Maybe rules-wise, but wouldn't surprise me if we see the box with all the warscrolls, some (if not all) the minis from the follow-up wave (including the first narrative book if they follow the 40k steps) and even a roadmap.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

maybe even showing/ hinting one piece.

Maybe...

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

they were supposed to come from the Gallet book related box.

... THEY DID ?!

BTW I will name my firstborn torre de vigilancia con campana if it's indeed intact and in the Launch Box. 

Joke aside, I guess the "Mortal Realms primer" that is going to be shown tomorrow is the PDF version of pic rel, explaining the AOS setting to beginners )as we saw in the pre-trailer Leaks).

0c4ys50rmhoc1.webp

Edited by HorticulusTGA

7 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Maybe...

... THEY DID ?!

BTW I will name my firstborn torre de vigilancia con campana if it's indeed intact and in the Launch Box. 

Joke aside, I guess the "Mortal Realms primer" that is going to be shown tomorrow is the PDF version of pic rel, explaining the AOS setting to beginners )as we saw in the pre-trailer Leaks).

0c4ys50rmhoc1.webp

From the naming of the building, and the trailer, it sounds like it is going to be a "big" piece of terrain.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Hence why GW are probably not done canning models this edition, and it can still happen when one armies Battletome comes out.

Hate how right this feels. I could see 4th being the edition of "most everything Finecast gets a plastic update or shown the door." This will probably be the edition where Firebellies and Yhettis either get built on or scrapped. If they get scrapped, they might circle back to them later in some way.

In an optimistic view, if Firebellies were cut from Ogors, I could see them getting a remix as friends of the Sun Grots. Yhettis are pretty tied to the everwinter, though, and they'd really feel like a loss to me. They occupy a similar niche as Gorgers, though, as "lanky ogor sized infantry" so who knows. I love them; I'd rather see 'em in plastic.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Generally they like releasing a new army in October/November but they have been doing these year long teasing of new armies before they release. Example would be Votann and CoS. (Edit: also Bonereapers)

that said it sounds like 2025 will be Emperor Children’s if Valrek new rumor is true (barring any internal problems)

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Chorfs have been confirmed to be the 4th edition faction. I also think mid 2025 is their release date.

2 hours ago, HCMistborn said:

I agree, I also think there is a good chance of a "new" army in Spring/Summer of 2025 such as Chaos Duardin or Malerion Elves. They seem to like to use the "middle year" of the edition to launch something new, but the timing varies based on what they are releasing for other systems. 

NGL, I could see Chorfs getting a Votann styled drop. If they spent a year previewing little snippits of chaos tech or pointed stars, I could see some players getting a bit vexxed if they'd built up an idea of what those things should be for their own chaos armies. 

I could see one rumor engine of a hat, or a silhouette closer to an announcement, before smacking everyone with a full "first wave" series of previews. Much like the Squats, it'd give people no time to overthink "man they're really going to bring back those guys?" and just get excited about what's new at face-value

Or not! If they wind up making them real close to their TWW iteration, I could see them rumor engine'ing bits of semi-familiar stuff to get the ball rolling. All depends; I'm excited for Chorfs! The Lumineth can't stay the only faction in the setting with dumb hats

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Since cover and obscuring both specify "behind or wholly on" does that mean they don't need to be wholly behind? What is behind? If one model from either unit has the terrain between them?

Both of them are behind.

43 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Whitefang Jr confirmed they were supposed to come from the Gallet book related box. So maybe they even had them painted for that.

I do wonder if they will ever release it once the 4e drops and thy release a new terrain theme. The construction ones we got at the start of 3e was interesting but it needed more variety, which never came aside from the aqualith.

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I think its a bit weird to not get cover when shot by a unit with fly, but my Nighthaunt will take this.

They’re above the terrain and are shooting down at you. Except the Nighthaunt, who just dome you through the terrain because Ghost Bolts. 

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

They’re above the terrain and are shooting down at you. Except the Nighthaunt, who just dome you through the terrain because Ghost Bolts. 

It used to be a craventhrone gimmick to shoot through terrain, but all with fly can do it now i guess. Hope they get a replacement gimmick.

uNUV6OKcnCCeGGgf.jpg
It is a really cool terrain piece but seems fairly big for a starter set, I am very tempted by it but recently purchased some houses for a little village and I am debating between a fortress or an abbey as a centre piece for my town.

11 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I think its a bit weird to not get cover when shot by a unit with fly, but my Nighthaunt will take this.

I read this as the unit with FLY wouldn't be -1 when it is the target of a shot, not when a unit with FLY is shooting.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

I read this as the unit with FLY wouldn't be -1 when it is the target of a shot, not when a unit with FLY is shooting.

Its in the same sentence as "the unit that charged or has fly". It would be the attacking unit right?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Thanks 1