The Rumour Thread

What if... the "weird" things that claimed @Whitefang for the next edition are new cross-allegiances factions:

- Chaos Duardin: Chaos-Destruction
- Malerion Daemons: Chaos-Order
- Silent People: Death-Destruction
- Followers of Morr: Death-Order

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 5

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

What if... the "weird" things that claimed @Whitefang for the next edition are new cross-allegiances factions:

It's an interesting idea, but what would a faction being cross alliance even mean at this point? Just ally choices? It's not like GAs even have mechanics attached right now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I'm all for it.

Since early 2017 that we have hints of cross-faction "people", from that Orruks that work on some free cities, Ogors following Kharadrons and even Malign Portents campaign had a Fyreslayer's lodge "fighiting" side by side with Nighthaunts.

Miniatures and Lore are done, we only need rules.

4 hours ago, bethebee said:

i remember being thinking that they were gonna do a Conquistador look as an evolution of the Landsknecht aesthetic before the new models were revealed.  i figured it was basically perfect for the themes of the Dawnbringer crusades and would've been a really compelling way to hint at their dark side.

i should've expected GW weirdness; no one else would think of Gothic Hussites.

While I do love the Gothic Hussite look of the cities and Freeguild, I dislike the fact that they decided to keep the old landsknecht canon with the whole Verdia Reformation concept instead of just retconning them out of existence. Because then you are forced to come up with headcanons, explain some of the design choices. (If they have the technology to make 16th-century-style flintlocks, why are they using 14th-century-style handcannons?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What I find more odd about this is that this aesthetic is not unique from Hammer and Bolter. Before the third edition we got a trailer where some soldiers where disappearing from a campfire and it was using that aesthetic as well. And there's an art where CoS (and maybe Stormcast, I am not fully sure) is facing Nurgle and we can see more cases of that helmet. So either we could see it in the future or it has been totally discarded.

Yeah there was these "Greatswordmen" in the Deathmaster trailer 

Screenshot_20240419_062344_YouTube.jpg.c4b38e66c3a8774d26d71b75caee2860.jpg

Well the option there no diffrent from Slaves to darkness having the option for Big hevy metal knights and Cimmerian barbarians

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, I have the feeling today we will see a Dawnbringers short that will be a bit spoiling.

Well that ominous 

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Huh I would down for that but assume they first want to do a cross allegiance factions within the Allaince first like say Kurnothi: Cos and sylvaneth first before doing a something high end then a Death-Destruction  silent people

But hey maybe we get this canon

image.png.173282c435d4020eabc3ed22c77f30c0.png

Edited by Dragon-knight77
Spelling

34 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's an interesting idea, but what would a faction being cross alliance even mean at this point? Just ally choices? It's not like GAs even have mechanics attached right now.

Yeah, what even are Grand Alliances now anyway?

Apart from categories on the webstore and an indication of which Mega Gargant you can have in your army?

22 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

If they have the technology to make 16th-century-style flintlocks, why are they using 14th-century-style handcannons?)

They adress that

still have the 16th century Flintlock and carbines and shotguns in lore for yet to be made models (even the tome as artwork for it) it just not not given to standard Fusilers because 

A) it easier to mass manufacture a cannon on a stick then a musket 

B) the Fusilers is ment to be a dawnbringer who has a 1/10 chance to surving so the risk factor of loosing a fusiler canon is that much of a loss then say a musket

C) it was a designed to match whole Vedra Castile formation playstle and lore wise they reeeeeallly pushed to annoying degree 

Also 15th century still had Handgones being used

Spelling
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Yeah, what even are Grand Alliances now anyway?

Apart from categories on the webstore and an indication of which Mega Gargant you can have in your army?

It determines whether you can take archaon, kragnos, nagash or uhh gotrek

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

What spoiling are you expecting? Sounds intriguing.

Something from Abraxia. Like, where is she going. Which city could fail. I think we didn't have a short the last week to have the story spoiling a bit closer to the book release.

Sound pretty interesting! 😍

Ogors Leaving destruction as the Mercenaries centred army they once were to fulfill the Destruction-Order Slot.

And Perhaps we get one of those odd Chaos Deities, Malal or such for Chaos Death. 

Great concept btw.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

While I do love the Gothic Hussite look of the cities and Freeguild, I dislike the fact that they decided to keep the old landsknecht canon with the whole Verdia Reformation concept instead of just retconning them out of existence. Because then you are forced to come up with headcanons, explain some of the design choices. (If they have the technology to make 16th-century-style flintlocks, why are they using 14th-century-style handcannons?)

Maybe we are retconning it once we have the second wave?

40 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

They adress that

still have the 16th century Flintlock and carbines and shotguns in lore for yet to be made models (even the tome as artwork for it) it just not not given to standard Fusilers because 

A) it easier to mass manufacture a cannon on a stick then a musket 

B) the Fusilers is ment to be a dawnbringer who has a 1/10 chance to surving so the risk factor of loosing a fusiler canon is that much of a loss then say a musket

C) it was a designed to match whole Vedra Castile formation playstle and lore wise they reeeeeallly pushed to annoying degree 

Also 15th century still had Handgones being used

I am not that fully sure we will see muskets again. It was pointed out that gunpowder is quite scarce. So maybe we are moving away from that as well.

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not that fully sure we will see muskets again. It was pointed out that gunpowder is quite scarce. So maybe we are moving away from that as well.

image.png.d465e0b72e269890c4f4c49435894c43.png

We have some guns at least. Maybe if wave 2 has some Ironweld stuff we'll see more of them.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

oh there definitely be guns and musket down the line

that throwaway line in a warhammer preview article does not appear anywhere in the Tome or White Dwarf articles which in fact they contradicts that statement. Like Greywater itself mentions how it has "various different type of fusilier regiments" and the various guns and artillery they send out to other cities, there artwork of said rifle in the Greywater uniform (add image later don't have tome with me), there an entire subfaction dedicated to technology with the Ironweld and @Asbestress posted an image of a fusilier major gun

5 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

oh there definitely be guns and musket down the line

that throwaway line in a warhammer preview article does not appear anywhere in the Tome or White Dwarf which contradicts that statement. Like Greywater itself mentions how it has "various different type of fusilier regiments", there artwork of said rifle in the Greywater uniform (add image later don't have tome with me), there an entire subfaction dedicated to technology with the Ironweld and @Asbestress posted an image of a fusiler major gun

Uh. That's nice to know! It was feeling so weird knowing that gunpowder is scarce but then we have massive walking fortresses (that are coming to the game) with massive cannons using gunpowder as if it were free.

Also, the oic you mentioned:

Cities of Sigmar Round Table: Part Three – Creating the Heraldry and  Iconography - Warhammer Community

Edited by Ejecutor

17 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

image.png.d465e0b72e269890c4f4c49435894c43.png

We have some guns at least. Maybe if wave 2 has some Ironweld stuff we'll see more of them.

I could easily see GW winding down shooting in the game in general. Seeing the changes to the rules so far, previous removal of a lot of firepower from Cities and now from Stormcast, I think the aim is to make ranged comat less common and less impactful. Not eradicated, but limited across the board and more tightly controlled.

4 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I could easily see GW winding down shooting in the game in general. Seeing the changes to the rules so far, previous removal of a lot of firepower from Cities and now from Stormcast, I think the aim is to make ranged comat less common and less impactful. Not eradicated, but limited across the board and more tightly controlled.

Then the castellite formation makes no sense at all. I don't agree with you here.

36 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Then the castellite formation makes no sense at all. I don't agree with you here.

Winding down shooting in the scope of the entire game doesn't mean there won't be playstyles and factions that heavily rely on it. It will make their presence even more unique and will offer a different tactical challenge in a game imo 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

We know from leaked sprues that Skaven are getting at least 2 new ranged shooty units. It'd be weird if a horde army got the new shooty stuff if it really is being limited and scaled back overall.