The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Just look how excited everyone gets when a faction gets a proper release! 😍

See GW!? See how many people in just the Rumour Thread are considering or doubling down and starting Seraphon!!

Imagine the same for Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Fyreslayers, Warclans and Mawtribes!!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Ah think I missed the context of your post. I didn't realise you were talking about boarding actions box and thought you meant in general the starter for 10th was going to be a full Genestealer Cults (vs SMs) starter, rather than the rumoured Nids. My bad.

I know people have wanted a gene stealer revamp of those modes for a while, but from what I've seen the rumored 10th edition starter box is Pyrovores/Biovores and some Lictor variants. 

Of course I'm still waiting for some insectoid army to pop up in AoS. Looking at the Helamite riders GW made for necromunda, gave me hope for some new modern insectoid race design for AoS. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RileyArlic said:
15 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I am so hyped for AOS right now and especially for the Seraphon players.

On the topic of Salamanders I hopw they go back to the Dimetrodon design they used to have and give us a howdah on top ala Dino Riders!!

nocode20210125103053357.jpg

img3f01e7a46abe7.jpg

Hide contents

This was my favourite! I didn't even  remember having one of those old salamanders and this just reminded me! Definitely need this design back!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The highlighting makes me think this is BIG!! I AM LOVING THE YEAR OF THE REPTILE!!

That's actually a good shout mate, I know the Eavy Metal team are actual wizards but that looks like a big feather highlight.

This isn't just your everyday feather, this is, an advanced feather!

Also that Astrolith Banner art is sublime. 

• LOVE IT! 2

Timeline predictions y'all!

We know that 10th edition is on it's way and almost assuredly coming on June 24th. Multiple sources have hinted at this... including the UK Post Office. With that we have a pretty tight timeline leading up to that release and considering the next month + will be devoted to 40k releases. If the release is on the 24th it will have a minimum 2 week announcement period. 

Assuming we're getting 7 new kits in total for Seraphon based off of what we can gleam from the plaques and emjois the Old One Whitefang has left us. If they do one a week and then announce an army box

The Seraphon Army box should be announced the 5th of March for pre-order with a release of March 18th 2023. 

Products that still need to release - 
Arks of Omen - Vashtorr
-Boxset Dark Angels vs. Vashtorr
Arks of Omen - Farsight
-Boxset(?) with Farsight vs. Snikrot
Arks of Omen - The Lion
-Leonard Johnson release

Boxset Spacemarine missile launchers

Boarding Patrols
-Boarding Patrol: Necron
-Boarding Patrol: Tyranids
-Boarding Patrol: Grey Knights

Warhammer Underworlds - DoK again I guess

Last Warcry Boxset

Battletome: Kharadron Overlords
-New KO mini
Battletome: Blades of Khorne
-New BoK mini
Battletome: Hedonites of Slaanesh
-New HoS mini
Battletome: Ossiarch Bone-Reapers
-New OBR mini
Battletome: Soulblight Gravelords
-New SBG mini(?)

Battletome: Seraphon
-Launch box
-release wave

This probably some other stuff I'm forgetting needs to be fit in within the next 15 weeks so probably going to be wild. 

Feb 25th - 
March 4th - 
March 11th - 
March 18th - Seraphon Launch box
March 25th - 
April 1st - Fimir full range release
April  8th - 
April 15th - 
April 22nd - 
April 29th - 
May 6th - 
May 13th - 
May 20th - 
May 27th - 
June 4th - 
June 4th - 40k 10th two week pre-order announced. No new AoS or any other release until the wave of 40k stuff is done
June 24th - 40k 10th edition launch 

Just some thoughts trying to plot out the rest of Winter/Spring releases. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

We know that 10th edition is on it's way and almost assuredly coming on June 24th. Multiple sources have hinted at this... including the UK Post Office. With that we have a pretty tight timeline leading up to that release and considering the next month + will be devoted to 40k releases. If the release is on the 24th it will have a minimum 2 week announcement period. 

Assuming we're getting 7 new kits in total for Seraphon based off of what we can gleam from the plaques and emjois the Old One Whitefang has left us. If they do one a week and then announce an army box

The Seraphon Army box should be announced the 5th of March for pre-order with a release of March 18th 2023. 

Arks of Omen - Vashtorr
Arks of Omen - Farsight
Arks of Omen - The Lion
-Leonard Johnson release

Boarding Patrols

Last Warcry Boxset

-New KO mini
-New BoK mini
-New HoS mini
-New OBR mini
-New SBG mini(?)

-Launch box
-release wave

This probably some other stuff I'm forgetting needs to be fit in within the next 15 weeks so probably going to be wild. 

Feb 25th - 
March 4th - 
March 11th - 
March 25th - 
April  8th - 
April 15th - 
April 22nd - 
April 29th - 
May 6th - 
May 13th - 
May 20th - 
May 27th - 
June 4th - 
June 4th - 40k 10th two week pre-order announced. No new AoS or any other release until the wave of 40k stuff is done

Seraphon was confirmed to be the summer Order release in the last reveal show, not the spring one. I know they've used spring/summer a bit interchangably, but that probably pegs the seraphon release in May. If anything they'll probably sandwich the 40k 10th release in between the seraphon launch box and the full release, like they did with lumineth. so launch box in late may, full book in late june.

Personally I'd bet on KO in Feb as well, Khorne and slaanesh in march, and OBR/FeC in april.

Age-of-Sigmar-Roadmap-2023.jpg

On a somewhat tangential note this editions launch order is the absolute worst for me personally.
I've got all the destruction armies, Tzeentch, BoC, StD, and KO.
In the whole first year the only one of my armies that got updated was warclans, and its probably the biggest loser of the edition.
then they're releasing literally all the armies I play over like 6-8 months, and they released two absolute banger tomes in Gitz and BoC when I'm in the middle of moving. 

Although now that all my armies are updated I get to vibe and wait for the end of edition spice unless the dinos pull me in.

38 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Arks of Omen - Vashtorr
Arks of Omen - Farsight
Arks of Omen - The Lion
-Leonard Johnson release

Boarding Patrols

Last Warcry Boxset

-New KO mini
-New BoK mini
-New HoS mini
-New OBR mini
-New SBG mini(?)

-Launch box
-release wave

Feb 25th - 
March 4th - 
March 11th - 
March 25th - 
April  8th - 
April 15th - 
April 22nd - 
April 29th - 
May 6th - 
May 13th - 
May 20th - 
May 27th - 
June 4th - 

Although my heart still yearns for the days where a pre-Summer Cities release was thought to be feasible, this seems pretty much to be on point imo.

Edited by Asbestress

16 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Seraphon was confirmed to be the summer Order release in the last reveal show, not the spring one. I know they've used spring/summer a bit interchangably, but that probably pegs the seraphon release in May. If anything they'll probably sandwich the 40k 10th release in between the seraphon launch box and the full release, like they did with lumineth. so launch box in late may, full book in late june.

Personally I'd bet on KO in Feb as well, Khorne and slaanesh in march, and OBR/FeC in april.

If the Seraphon launch box was in May with the full release coming later in the Summer that means they wouldnt get their models until August based on previous cycles. I'm still of the opinion we'll get the launch box sooner and the full release in May before 10th drops. 

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

Arks of Omen - Vashtorr
Arks of Omen - Farsight
Arks of Omen - The Lion
-Leonard Johnson release

Boarding Patrols

Last Warcry Boxset

-New KO mini
-New BoK mini
-New HoS mini
-New OBR mini
-New SBG mini(?)

-Launch box
-release wave

Feb 25th - 
March 4th - 
March 11th - 
March 25th - 
April  8th - 
April 15th - 
April 22nd - 
April 29th - 
May 6th - 
May 13th - 
May 20th - 
May 27th - 
June 4th - 

What is that word on Fimir? Are they really coming back in April?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Yeah, the Serphon in Summer probably set them for full release in June, like they did with Sylvaneth and Skaven last year (picture bellow for reference). If they are getting army box, as they have being doing lately, I imagine it would release 1~2 months before, so around April~May.

Now for the remaining tome, I doubt they have time to announce one tome to be released this month, at least considering their normal marketing tend to be at least 1 month window between tome announcement and release. I expect the first order tome to be release in March (alone or with one of the chaos ones) and them more on April and May. I imagine April or May could be really packed with AoS releases. Maybe looking at the expected 40k scheduled we can figure which one will be, as they probably will not conflict. 

Rnm4zICcPKH0GplS.jpg

On 2/6/2023 at 6:31 AM, Chikout said:

I may be a bitter old grouch but this looks like a very cynical marketing ploy. There's no detail in the article that is new. The art is new, I think, but it looks exactly like the old minis. I'm happy for the Tomb Kings fans out there who are excited about GW bringing back Tomb kings but it looks like they will be bringing back old rules, old lore and probably old kits. 

The funniest part is GW decided "hey Settra is totally going to invade The Old World at this time" to justify including them in that small area. Gonna say we can expect this for anyone else not in/near Old World. They specify this is not covering Nehekara even though they want to leave the door open.

The things I'd give to get a hold of GW's sales numbers on certain factions... All we ever get are little snippets and rumors, and fans of particular factions are left in the dark not knowing if their faction is actually a money-maker for GW, and therefore likely to get more love sooner, or if it's a drag and they just happen to like the one faction that's underperforming (rip genestealer cults fans).

I'd love nothing more than to hear that Seraphon are a huge seller once they get their updated range and that it bumps them up to the top of the roster in terms of priority for new things. I would not be upset by Lumineth sort of treatment, where we get two huge wave over the course of 2 years, even if it means buying multiple battletomes XD

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

The funniest part is GW decided "hey Settra is totally going to invade The Old World at this time" to justify including them in that small area. Gonna say we can expect this for anyone else not in/near Old World. They specify this is not covering Nehekara even though they want to leave the door open.

I think they originally decided on a very small setting/game but they've decided they need to keep the interest. I feel, and I'm not exaggerating, it will be at least 5 years from now until you'll see a fully formed game with all factions. A bit like how Necromunda had that slow drip for the first few years. This game is a bigger scale. I just really dont see why they announced it when they did? Especially when AoS was enjoying golden period.

• Thanks 1

So I have a thought/prediction/wishlist for the Kharadron release.  I'm reasonably positive that they haven't decided the direction they want to go with them yet, and are sinking most of their bigger efforts into Seraphon and the upcoming Dawnbringers, so the skybeards are probably only getting one kit.  But what will that kit be?

While I'm sure that a random foot hero is that actual answer to that question, that's kinda boring, and honestly not what I think the army needs.  So what do they need?  More sky boats!  So what kind of kit do they need?  A dual model kit that lets you make a new class of ship, as well as a special character version of the same model of ship.  Not only would this be a cool kit, but you could use some of the extra bits to kitbash some of the other skyships.

Any GW reps reading this can DM me and I'll let you know where you can mail me the money for this awesome idea.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

So I have a thought/prediction/wishlist for the Kharadron release.  I'm reasonably positive that they haven't decided the direction they want to go with them yet, and are sinking most of their bigger efforts into Seraphon and the upcoming Dawnbringers, so the skybeards are probably only getting one kit.  But what will that kit be?

While I'm sure that a random foot hero is that actual answer to that question, that's kinda boring, and honestly not what I think the army needs.  So what do they need?  More sky boats!  So what kind of kit do they need?  A dual model kit that lets you make a new class of ship, as well as a special character version of the same model of ship.  Not only would this be a cool kit, but you could use some of the extra bits to kitbash some of the other skyships.

Any GW reps reading this can DM me and I'll let you know where you can mail me the money for this awesome idea.

They need small one dwarf ships like gyro copters that can be deployed from an ironclad. 

A small KO bi plane would be so cool. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

They need small one dwarf ships like gyro copters that can be deployed from an ironclad. 

A small KO bi plane would be so cool. 

Not a KO player but I do think a remastered gyro copter would be cool for them. Oddly enough, another foot hero would be kind of meh considering they just dropped the anniversary special edition KO hero. I’d prefer some mechanical golem to help fill a behemoth slot.

Out of the projected Battletomes, I would like to see these additions.

KO- Mechanical Golem/monster

Khorne - Valkia (will be a crime if it’s not)

OBR - Some sort of elite ranged unit. Like a unit of three sharp shooters 

Slannesh - Mounted hero. 

Soul-blight - Elite vamp troops. Maybe a unit of 3 similar to Stalkers or Annihilators 

what does everyone else got?

• LOVE IT! 1

I'm fully expecting that as we get these Rapid-fire AoS battletomes, we're going to see 5 foot heroes in a row... There are a handful of Rumor Engines that could point to those things, but...

Well, let's put it this way. The Gloomspite Gitz release is the first one that broke the mold of 'if you're not getting a huge release, then all you get is a hero!' So anything is possible.

We also know that the Warcry Khorne warband will eventually be sold separately for Blades of Khorne, and if we do get a Slaanesh warcry warband that'd be nice for them to help flesh out the mortal line a little further.

• Like 2