The Rumour Thread

Ooph. Not even Idoneth and <Dwarf> tomes, just yet another double box. At least this one has more than 2 new models I guess, though I gotta be honest, those spectres with crossbows...I dunno. 

I wonder if there's some big problem getting books shipped from China or something, seems really weird to be teasing a new double box before you even reveal the tomes for the last one.

Sweet Eldar Corsair, tbf. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matrindur said:

image.png.a41802b79b436ea108fa454a1dc9e9fd.png

Interestingly it says Pre-order now for the new boxset so it shouldn't be long until it gets released. On the other hand it hasn't been long since the Fury of the Deep set.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the Pre-order preview for this Sunday. I mean, what else is coming out? The only other announced thing is that Eldar/Chaos box, really.

Wow, talk about overhyping a reveal. Everything varies from fine to great, don't get me wrong...but this was billed as " seismic changes" and it's anything but that. Even the Eldar stuff is just a refresh, and lots of it has already been shown. Nothing "big" here for any GW system, AOS or otherwise, except maybe the Necromunda thing (which is just a piece of artwork). 

People need to understand not to buy into the hype, keep your expectations low, that way you're never disappointed. I got tired of being baited ages ago.

So when it comes to previews they just like to pad out a whole hour usually and do like... four previews and one extra hint at the end that barely shows anything. That's been their thing for awhile now. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, shinros said:

People need to understand not to buy into the hype, keep your expectations low, that way you're never disappointed. I got tired of being baited ages ago.

So when it comes to previews they just like to pad out a whole hour usually and do like... four previews and one extra hint at the end that barely shows anything. That's been their thing for awhile now. 

With yeah, but even Im a little disappointed and I was pretty conservative xD.

Really would have liked to see a tome teaser if anything, or a bit of narrative stuff even if small. 

Solid box for Nighthaunt though! Will be very popular for sure

Waking up at 6 was most definitely worth it just to see this beaut revealed. Detailed Forgeworld monster are very much my hobby passion (The wife still asleep and the dog doesn’t understand my frantic joy).

On the flip side, these Battle boxes are killing the hobby for me. I honestly zone out when I see one now no matter how cool the characters. 

2A803777-20E9-4339-A1B8-32DBC445F46B.png

A1F161FD-09E1-4700-B84C-839D27B97EBA.png

9A9E9CED-065F-4F6D-952B-AECA78D14647.png

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Everyone expeted just 2 tomes but we got 2 heroes and new unit and we got dissapointed 😅

the problem is that we got another box and no info about baettletomes, and AoS is gently gliding towards 9 months into the new edition with 3 3.0 battletomes being released

• Like 1

I’m gonna Anvil of Apotheosis this guy so hard into a NightHaunt Chamon leader for the crossbows. Metal Ghost gunner leading the shooty boo bois. 😍

image.png.6a9443ffa4cc46b1c5478339a5914d69.png

Someone pointed out the crossbows are basically just grimghasts with their hoods pulled back to reveal the helmets and I really like that detail. NightHaunt are basically militia ripped up from the countless afterlifes beneath Shyish that invaded the realms. Going from scythes to crossbows would be a fitting transition for ill-trained murderers that need weapons low in skill but high in lethality.

Also cool the box connects with the story of the fall of Anvilgard. Love me some lore continuation. :D 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, shinros said:

My expectations were rock bottom, but I was hoping they'd confirm at least one battletome, you know? We're 6 months into 3rd edition and we've gotten three, with no idea of when we'll finally get another book.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kronos said:

On the flip side, these Battle boxes are killing the hobby for me. I honestly zone out when I see one now no matter how cool the characters. 

"Hey, what have we got a ton of lying around in the warehouse we can't sell?" 

"Um, Idoneth and Fyreslayers? Nobody plays those factions. Hmm, actually, there's a bunch of Nighthaunt and DoK stuff back here too in a side room buried underneath all the Primaris Lieutenants..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So that box is litterally tailored for my needs. Beside the new ghosts Iv’e been wanting to get more bladegheists and Myrmourns anyway. And to add stuff on top of that one of my friends loves the DOK so this is an instabuy💪

Still pretty weird that there was no mention if any kind of tomes for neither Deepkin, nor Fyreslayers or Nighthaunts

🤔

11 minutes ago, shinros said:

Nah, this was worse than usual. I watch every preview, I know what to expect, but 1 model for kill team and 1 small piece of art for Necromunda is even less than I was expecting. 

For anyone keeping count, the only things left from the new years vid is the Chaos Knight, Tyranid, and the guy that very much seems to be part of the new Necromunda expansion. So there's really nothing on the horizon after the box.

Did any of the rumours hint anything near a DoK vs NH box? I remember NH tome was mentioned, but certainly don't remember any hints towards a new unit.