The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Which you can get from here - https://merch.warhammer.com/collections/retro-ranges

I would love to have some of these but apparently I’m too old to wear things like this and when I do buy anything like this, they mysteriously disappear…. 😭 

Nah man, you do you. I’ve been eyeing up those tshirts for a while too, I mean, people walk around wearing NASA and Barcelona Shirts, Why can’t we show our support for the Armies  we hold so dearly. I’d report the missing clothes as theft though 😂

The Ogre trailer is great, really reminds me of the joy I had thenfirst times OK became an army, it was truly a moment of elation when a new army joined the warhammer world. Greasus looks sexy as ever, if not better!

I am however a bit disappointed they sound just like orcs, with soccer hooligan/pirate english voices (just occurred to me how similar those two are). Given they’re from the Eastern side of the Warhammer world I was hoping for them to have more of an Anglo-Mongolian accent or even a more Eastern Europe styled accent. But the rough Brit accent doesn’t do it for me. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, novakai said:

It more in line with that white dwarfs are meant for fun and being temporary rules for your army. Not meant to update you for the whole edition especially since they don’t last long as a publication until they get vaulted into the app

my more main gripe is with Broken realm being uneven with rules compare to PA and even outright skip a whole grand alliance and Khorne, but even the small thing armies got in the book where pretty much useless when 3.0 came like 3 month later. 

I mean fun upgrades for armies are great and all that but atm we are living in a world of troubled economy where cutting expenses is a real thing. Were previous WD faction updates just fun though? GSG have been released in january 2019, GW realized half of the faction doesn't really work that well and updated them in 3 issues of White Dwarf (455,457,459) eight (twelve) month later with basically entirely new additional battle traits, CAs and artefacts and with whole new set of battalions for more than half of the army.  Now they don't work again since warscroll battalions and +hit stacking have been removed. If I, as a customer would buy a GSG battletome today, i'd literally end up without half of most essential rules for my army. Is it time to release a battletome? Maybe, even if GW won't be able to sell many new models with it. (GSG models are one of the best GW ever produced though). My point is WD is a place where GW updates their armies with new stuff while FAQ is where they fix their old one. It's not just a shiny new magazine anymore, it's like a mini battletome and you can actually sell it.

Same thing with STD, their last bt has been released in december 2019, (with new shiny start collecting box and endless spells). Later turned out nobody wanted to actually play STD with new Warcry cultists, GW introduced Idolators in Morathi book, idolators sucked and in Sep 2021 WD GW introduced two new battle traits (and even core battalions) for your entire STD army where you can now use Warcry cultists with a mark in every allegiance as a battleline. (because new huge warcry box (and maybe a new core book too) is around the corner.). I mean someone can call it fun new rules, but i'll say GW updating rules to sell more new and old models. (not strange at all since GW goal (like any other companies goal) is maximizing profits).

In Augusts WD GW updated rules for Seraphon. Another example of updating  more or less strong army in the third edition. More units are now playable (monsters).  Another example of WD being a mini patch for a battletome of a faction without re releasing a battletome. (their current book is from Jan 2020).

I personally would not expect new battletomes for factions that have been updated in WD recently. The purpose of these tome celestial articles is to buy time for GW to produce new models to sell them later with new battletomes OR to patch units(models) that don't work very well with their armies (for people to buy these models with better rules.)

Edited by dnusha
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Best trailer! @KingBrodd

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

That ogre song is no Tattered Sails Shanty from the vampire coast but damned if it's not exciting! Truly incredible to see how it plucks imagery almost perfectly from the illustrations in the 6th ed. army book.

71 Ogres Kingdoms ideas | ogre, warhammer fantasy, warhammer art

There's also this other trailer for the Ogre Kingdoms, using the in-game engine and showing a lot of the units: https://www.redditmedia.com/user/Total_War_/comments/qhisrh/hackt_euch_durch_eure_feinde_und_werft_sie_in_den/?ref_source=embed&ref=share&embed=true I think we'll see this reappear as an advertisement or something.

It shows that Greasus has been upgraded to a sort of wheelbarrow apparatus and also features a Slave Giant model taken straight from this ancient conversion in 6th ed book!

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15.32.23.png

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15.34.54.png

LOVING THIS OGOR CONTENT!! Not that it's any sure fire thing but perhaps, maybe just maybe this is a sign of things to come for the Mawtribes!!

• Like 4

On 11/2/2021 at 1:48 PM, Higolx said:

Definitelly not a Tyranid, unless its a completely new Tyranid that goes against the design of all other tyranids.

Tyranid designs are not that slim and thats missing a lot of chitin to be a tyranid claw.

It could be a sylvaneth thing? I dunno. Im just sure its not a Tyranid, unless its a complete different design.

A canny soul on Reddit noted this looks a lot like a Jabberslyth leg …

42 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Nah man, you do you. I’ve been eyeing up those tshirts for a while too, I mean, people walk around wearing NASA and Barcelona Shirts, Why can’t we show our support for the Armies  we hold so dearly. I’d report the missing clothes as theft though 😂

I’m too old for anything like that (or so I’m told). Not sure reporting it as theft would go down we’ll either!! 😱

41 minutes ago, dnusha said:

I mean fun upgrades for armies are great and all that but atm we are living in a world of troubled economy where cutting expenses is a real thing. Were previous WD faction updates just fun though? GSG have been released in january 2019, GW realized half of the faction doesn't really work that well and updated them in 3 issues of White Dwarf (455,457,459) eight (twelve) month later with basically entirely new additional battle traits, CAs and artefacts and with whole new set of battalions for more than half of the army.  Now they don't work again since warscroll battalions and +hit stacking have been removed. If I, as a customer would buy a GSG battletome today, i'd literally end up without half of most essential rules for my army. Is it time to release a battletome? Maybe, even if GW won't be able to sell many new models with it. (GSG models are one of the best GW ever produced though). My point is WD is a place where GW updating their armies with new stuff while FAQ is where they fix their old one. It's not just a shiny new magazine anymore, it's like a mini battletome and you can actually sell it.

Same thing with STD, their last bt has been released in december 2019, (with new shiny start collecting box and endless spells). Later turned out nobody wanted to actually play STD with new Warcry cultists, GW introduced Idolators in Morathi book, idolators sucked and in Sep 2021 WD GW introduced two new battle traits (and even core battalions) for your entire STD army where you can now use Warcry cultists with a mark in every allegiance as a battleline. (because new huge warcry box (and maybe a new core book too) is around the corner.). I mean someone can call it fun new rules, but i'll say GW updating rules to sell more new and old models. (not strange at all since GW goal (like any other companies goal) is maximizing profits).

In Augusts WD GW updated rules for Seraphon. Another example of update for a more or less strong army in 2nd into third edition. More units became playabe (monsters).  Another example of WD being a mini patch for a battletome for a faction without re releasing a battletome. (their current book is from Jan 2020).

I personally would not expect new battletomes for factions that have been updated in WD recently. The purpose of these tome celestial articles is to buy time for GW to produce new models to sell them later with new battletomes OR to patch units(models) that don't work very well with their armies (for people to buy these models with better rules.)

But dare I say it Asinine to say that a White dwarf update prevent you from getting a 3.0 tome in the next year and a half. Out of the three armies that got them in 3.0 I would still say they still get them eventually. But then again GW don’t tell you anything so wild asumption and guesswork happen in the community. Oh gosh the economy is poor these day, sorry that these armies won’t get updated in the next three year but it it out of our hands.

20 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

A canny soul on Reddit noted this looks a lot like a Jabberslyth leg …

12 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

wURYiE0tZx3akvOD.jpg.2d2d2dec39ca9ff47776c1044ac6d935.jpgjabber.png.e83db03828615f917945e728978da17e.png

I don't need to say anything more

So did Nezzhill 2 pages back. Not sure which came first. Though Whitefang was confused by this so I guess they're both wrong? is that how this works? 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Personally I don't think there will be a new set of core rules for Warcry any time soon. This may be wishful thinking, but the rulebook in catacombs actually incorporated errata and updates. It wasn't branded as a new edition or new product, but I can't see them going to the effort of releasing a new run of the book if they weren't expecting it to be "the" definitive version for a while. We also got the four grand alliance books. Again that sort of compendium or index release is what you usually get at the start of a cycle. I thus think the first substantive update to warcry has actually been and gone, and that it will be staying much the same for a while yet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, novakai said:

It more in line with that white dwarfs are meant for fun and being temporary rules for your army. Not meant to update you for the whole edition especially since they don’t last long as a publication until they get vaulted into the app

my more main gripe is with Broken realm being uneven with rules compare to PA and even outright skip a whole grand alliance and Khorne, but even the small thing armies got in the book where pretty much useless when 3.0 came like 3 month later. 

I am inclined to agree, people are assured that these tome celestial 'patches' mean they are not working on these armies. However, one can also see it as evidence that they are potentially looking at those armies fairly closely and that they are possibly getting their updates relatively soon. For example they are already updating the icons for battalions and looking at specific rules. Personally I do not think we have enough information either way and suspect that they are more targeting the armies with fanbases most likely to pick up White Dwarf. I do recall certain General's Handbooks updating armies and feeling like their new books got released fairly quickly after the update... but I always am late to the handbook party. 🙃

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

Just to add more flames to the Chaos Dwarf fire :PRDT_20211104_1607203769543808758773103.jpg.e5825e6e9762c42357fb39a2ba00cb17.jpg

From a Warhammer TV painting masterclass.

@Public Universal Duardin

Warhammer TV is now trying to increase subscribers by pandering to our love of Chaos Dwarves clever, very clever. 🤠 

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I’m too old for anything like that (or so I’m told). Not sure reporting it as theft would go down we’ll either!! 😱

I am not one for these types of graphic shirts I do have a few from my younger days (all gifts) but they typically only exist for around the house or as undershirts. However, for any interested and wanting to justify this as something less niche literally all Chaos shirts could easily be mistaken for a metal band shirt. I know this wont help your situation based on your later post but still for others it is something to consider. 
TS-M-_-BLK-POWH2960__285_1400x.jpg?v=162
TS-M-_-BLK-POWH4020__285_1400x.jpg?v=163
I could see myself rocking a more subtle print as an undershirt, if the quality of the material was nice enough. Some of the AOS hoodies with faction logos seem fun and I could probably use for jogs, same with the baseball hats but I never wear hats. After searching I think I found something I would wear which are the chaos god polo shirts. Something about that is really amusing to me.

Edited by Neverchosen

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

There were the Rumours of a Duel Box between BOC and Gloomspite, within it containing a new Jabberslythe model and Spiderfang Hero. So maybe this is true?

I'm all for it but it seems like Whitefang did not approve it with his 'Confused' emote. So it must be fake.

h7Pw8DF.png

Edited by dnusha
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Enoby said:

Just to add more flames to the Chaos Dwarf fire :PRDT_20211104_1607203769543808758773103.jpg.e5825e6e9762c42357fb39a2ba00cb17.jpg

From a Warhammer TV painting masterclass.

@Public Universal Duardin

Not only is this making me really hype as I read too much into the inclusion of that design, but wanting to finally buy Warhammer apparels too. Perfect to wear while painting Hobgrots!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dnusha said:

I mean fun upgrades for armies are great and all that but atm we are living in a world of troubled economy where cutting expenses is a real thing. Were previous WD faction updates just fun though? GSG have been released in january 2019, GW realized half of the faction doesn't really work that well and updated them in 3 issues of White Dwarf (455,457,459) eight (twelve) month later with basically entirely new additional battle traits, CAs and artefacts and with whole new set of battalions for more than half of the army.  Now they don't work again since warscroll battalions and +hit stacking have been removed. If I, as a customer would buy a GSG battletome today, i'd literally end up without half of most essential rules for my army. Is it time to release a battletome? Maybe, even if GW won't be able to sell many new models with it. (GSG models are one of the best GW ever produced though). My point is WD is a place where GW updates their armies with new stuff while FAQ is where they fix their old one. It's not just a shiny new magazine anymore, it's like a mini battletome and you can actually sell it.

In Augusts WD GW updated rules for Seraphon. Another example of updating  more or less strong army in the third edition. More units are now playable (monsters).  Another example of WD being a mini patch for a battletome of a faction without re releasing a battletome. (their current book is from Jan 2020).

Yeah updating and giving new and better rules to new and older models seems to be a trend.

yet the gw rules those seem to fail a lot.

for example half of the slaanesh range, or the faction rules, that have been rewritten for the beasts of chaos.

The currently existing jabberslyth feels like a pretty bad deal, considering that it’s currently buffing the wrong army😂

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

There were the Rumours of a Duel Box between BOC and Gloomspite, within it containing a new Jabberslythe model and Spiderfang Hero. So maybe this is true?

Wasn’t the rumor talking about new bullgors and do doombull models?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah updating and giving new and better rules to new and older models seems to be a trend.

yet the gw rules those seem to fail a lot.

for example half of the slaanesh range, or the faction rules, that have been rewritten for the beasts of chaos.

The currently existing jabberslyth feels like a pretty bad deal, considering that it’s currently buffing the wrong army😂

Wasn’t the rumor talking about new bullgors and do doombull models?

And new Grey Knight models in Hexfire

2 hours ago, novakai said:

One new model is believable, a whole range of model for one side of a battle box seems naft to begin with. Which was use to justify new bullgors for some reason. 

Perhaps the same mistake has been made. Maybe the BOC and Gloomspite box is real except it is just the Jabberslythe model that's new for BOC, seeing as they stated the Spiderfang is a new Scuttleboss.