The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, JanGret said:

SpikeyBits is reporting that the next four battletomes after the ones going up for preorder are rumored to be Maggotkin, Ogres, Beasts of Chaos and Gloomspire Gitz.

https://spikeybits.com/2021/09/rumors-the-next-battletomes-for-age-of-sigmar.html

Not sure what their rumors are based on.

Unsure of Nurgle, but previously posted rumours said the following 
-Ogor Mawtribes: new Start Collecting box with new Gluttons, new Leadelchers and new Butcher (like the Slaves To Darkness start collecting, these models were said to be exclusive with the old kits remaining on sale)
-Beasts Of Chaos/Gloomspite Gitz: dual army box consisting of new Bullgors, new Doombull, new Jabberscythe, Spiderriders, Araknarock, new spider boss

9 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Unsure of Nurgle, but previously posted rumours said the following 
-Ogor Mawtribes: new Start Collecting box with new Gluttons, new Leadelchers and new Butcher (like the Slaves To Darkness start collecting, these models were said to be exclusive with the old kits remaining on sale)
-Beasts Of Chaos/Gloomspite Gitz: dual army box consisting of new Bullgors, new Doombull, new Jabberscythe, Spiderriders, Araknarock, new spider boss

Part of me really hopes this is true for the Ogors. They really could do with an update and that would do 2/3 of the Gutbusters Battleline and let's be honest, the Butcher is one of the ugliest, for better or worse, miniatures in all of AOS.

And another part of me would much rather wait a year or so if it meant there is a massive range refresh for the Mawtribes. I'm torn.*

*That's even if the rumours are true, who knows we may get a new SC alongside a range refresh and I'll be happier than a Firebelly in a Volcano!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

I love everything about both warscrolls!

Re-deploy is always good and hex is awesome, beware Gotrek players! 

They do look good and I love the love the redeploy but Hexing Gotrek is going to be tough with 12" range and 7+ to cast.  Get the feeling our magic will be like Ogors: some great spells but hard to cast and not much to boost casting rolls.

14 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Troggoth bad

Killbow good, but unreliable. Will probably be run as a 4x to try high rolling into mortal wounds on hit6

Edited by PJetski

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Troggoth bad

Killbow good, but unreliable. Will probably be run as a 4x to try high rolling into mortal wounds on hit6

All depends on the points cost for the Troggoth, it's slow and not a monster but deals some serious damage (averages 12.5 wounds against 4+ armour).  If points cost is closer to 200 than 300, I think it'll see play.

Can't argue with the Killbow in the current meta, but still unless your playing against prime targets (15W+) it's damage output is similar 3 Boltboyz and it is less flexible. The thought of 4 Vs a Sons army is tasty though.

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Imo it's good
Up to 7 attacks hitting on 2s (all out attack), wounding on 3s, -2 ,3 damage. How is that bad?

Agreed - if you can get it in, it'll wreck face. Problem is getting it in with only 5" move, and it inevitably being a potential pin cushion. If Kruleboyz get access to movement buffs, it could be terrifying.

Pack them movement debuffs and some extra shooting lads!

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Imo it's good
Up to 7 attacks hitting on 2s (all out attack), wounding on 3s, -2 ,3 damage. How is that bad?

5" move is the main problem. Below average defensively.

Doesn't offer any kind of buffs so it's just a beatstick, and a slow fragile beatstick isn't really good for anything.

"it gets more accurate with AOA" is not much of an argument, it applies to almost everything in the game :P

It's up to 10 attacks, not 7, but it's a mount attack so it can't trigger mortal wounds or get boosted by command traits/artefacts.

Maybe the allegiance abilities or external synergies make it viable?

8 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Does this mean i can use the troggoth in a gloomspite gitz troggoth list? Dont know how this works in 3.0.

If so i will buy him and replace the orruk with squighopper riders.
(forgive me for only having access to paint at work)

sRN9mkI.jpg

Is the Mirebrute larger than the Dankhold? It certainly looks to be.

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

* and it does not bracket
seems fine to me if it costs around 300 pts.

Interesting. I would not consider him above 200. He deals comparable damage to a unit of Grave Guard with great weapons (at 10 attacks) and fills a similar role, but those guys are only 140. But maybe there will be synergies in the book that make him worth it.

3 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Kruleboyz will absolutely have ways to increase mobility, although I'm not sure why this one's movement is 5" and not 6" like the Dankhold.

If you had to lugg a Orrk around on your back, I reckon you'd be slowed down a bit too!.

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Below average defensively.

12 wounds, 4+ Save and regeneration: not sure how that is below average?

• Like 1