The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Some rather cool Nurgle dice with 3D surfaces up for pre-order on the New Zealand site. I've got no idea what a "Death Guard" is mind, possibly a new kit to follow up the Blight War releases?

Death Guard Dice
Death Guard Dice

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer-40000-Death-Guard-Dice-2017

:) 

I'm sure those dice area appropriate for Nurgle followers in any universe.

3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Some rather cool Nurgle dice with 3D surfaces up for pre-order on the New Zealand site. I've got no idea what a "Death Guard" is mind, possibly a new kit to follow up the Blight War releases?

Death Guard Dice
Death Guard Dice

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer-40000-Death-Guard-Dice-2017

:) 

Death Guard is a Warhammer 40k Nurgle Chaos Space Marine faction.

They have a similar visual look to the Putrid Blightkings ... but with more armor ... and guns. (For the most part ...) :)

• Like 1

Those are some very nice dice indeed. Btw. Am I the only obe who he very exited to see what the Deathguard codex brings, though I have no interest in 40k. However this book might also a glimpse of the future of Aos Nurgle. 

I specially remember one of the early art images showing a bunch of spacemarines fighting the death guard. That image had some giant armored worm or centipede looking creatures crawling around. I am most exited to see if these might be new beasts, something else or just art..

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Some new art that was hinted at in the rumour engine suggests that new demons are coming.mHhI3ue.jpg.f64893e12fbd3af663ecf4497c5bc495.jpg

So might this be the blight spawns memtioned in the table of contents? The tongue also suggest it could be a new beast model. Tentacles, tongue, snail slime.. you k ow what.. this might be it!

19 minutes ago, Tidings said:

I would really rather see Aelves, Death or really anything other than more Chaos and SCE. 

There is a reason that the Kharadon were my first new AoS faction.  None of the others appealled too me. 

Hopefully expand some old factions or make some new ones that I actually feel like buying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

So might this be the blight spawns memtioned in the table of contents? The tongue also suggest it could be a new beast model. Tentacles, tongue, snail slime.. you k ow what.. this might be it!

I don't know where that screen shot came from, but I know in the MWG codex review, that was the picture they showed when they were talking about the beasts of Nurgle.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cerlin said:

There is a reason that the Kharadon were my first new AoS faction.  None of the others appealled too me. 

Hopefully expand some old factions or make some new ones that I actually feel like buying.

It's a shame that's one of the only thing they've done outside of SCE/Chaos. Kharadron Overlords are friggen awesome. I want to see more new stuff like that, not 40k fantasy edition. Fyreslayers and Sylvaneth were already existing in terms of style and flavor, but the new stuff they got is awesome too. Want more of that, not a 47th SCE release lol. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cerlin said:

I don't have same oversaturation fatigue with Nurgle as I do Khorne. Now that I've I've got my Kharadron Overlords started, I may start a Nurgle army next for AoS. I've already started Deathguard for 40k with the Dark Imperium box and I'm sure my army will include daemons soon enough and I might start swapping the daemons back and forth and even get some rotbringers. I really like the Glotkin.

I'm really excited for the Nurgle release! It's not going to be that big a release it seems, so I wish people would just be happy for other players.

4 hours ago, Cerlin said:

Kharadron hasn't been out that long! How often do you think GW should release an army with your interests specifically ;)

• Like 4

Main issue with so many Chaos releases is that, once Nurgle will be out, we will be left with Slaanesh to be released. Sorry, I am the old Chaos Worshiper and do not count Skaven as "one of us". Which means that we are not expecting anything major for Chaos anymore for a while = more releases for other Grand Alliances. This would be good IMO, Chaos is spoiled a little along with the poster boys. Bring something new and shiny for Death, if we really ca talk about new and shiny in this alliance, maybe old, rusty ethereal would more in place :)

No new daemons in Death Guard book, are we sure we will get anything new with the book at all? Maybe it will be Battletome only release in the end. Book seems to be expected due to "thin" release which Blightwar turned out to be (no artifacts, no spells, only one battalion). On one hand Battletome only would be good, no need to buy tons of awesome new models...

9 minutes ago, Malin said:

No new daemons in Death Guard book, are we sure we will get anything new with the book at all? Maybe it will be Battletome only release in the end. Book seems to be expected due to "thin" release which Blightwar turned out to be (no artifacts, no spells, only one battalion). On one hand Battletome only would be good, no need to buy tons of awesome new models...

We will definitly See more nurgle Units with the Battletome

-GW established a pattern with the Thousand Sons Release Last year. The 40K Release with a deamon Primarch and two months later the AoS Release with a greater deamon.

-new artwork heavily features GUOs, all of which are similar in Design but different from the current one, so the Artist needed a new model to base their drawing on. 

-the drawing from the DG codex has to be the new version of a nurgle beast. They share key features like the snail body, a long slimy tongue and the tentacle like hair.

-also, Atia on War-of-sigmar basicly confirmed pestigors.

I think nurgle will get its big release in 2 months. 

It doesn't surprise me to not see any Nurgle daemons or pestigor in the Death Guard book because the Death Guard have historically not really used daemons/mortals in the same way as the Thousand Sons.  I think we're going to get a wave of AoS Nurgle releases (Great Unclean One, Beasts, etc) which will integrate with 40k.  We know that all new models are going to contain a Dataslate so you can use them in 40k, so there isn't even any need to release a Codex for them, plus it will allow GW to prove releasing new models with rules works

In fairness GW didnt reveal the new Tzeentch daemons when they released the Thousand Sons armylist in Wrath of Magnus. Old models for Lord of Chamge and Changeling were pictured, and only Silver Tower Blue and Brimstone Horrors were used. Despite the whole updated range being released only two months later! So there is hope for Nurgle daemons yet!