The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

I don't think she can do that considering she is wearing heavy armor xD

Now the vanguard guys I do think would be able to do more agility like actions since they have said they are wearing a lighter version of the stormcast heavy armor. 

You'd be surprised how agile you can be in plate armor.

Has anyone scoured the DoT book for clues about other things coming our way?

• Like 1

Just now, daedalus81 said:

You'd be surprised how agile you can be in plate armor.

Has anyone scoured the DoT book for clues about other things coming our way?

Really? I see but I think her fighting style would match the other liberator's of grinding down the enemy via phalanx. 

Really? I see but I think her fighting style would match the other liberator's of grinding down the enemy via phalanx. 

My mate does historical re-enactment, and is also an Armourer. They are surprisingly agile in full plate.

It also says in the article she is more agile and able to parry and strike back out of her turn.
  • Like 1

Just now, Bowlzee said:

My mate does historical re-enactment, and is also an Armourer. They are surprisingly agile in full plate.

It also says in the article she is more agile and able to parry and strike back out of her turn.

Huh very interesting you learn new things everyday, so she focuses more on parrying and striking back. 

Yep. I can confirm. I fight both professional and competitive medieval combat in full armour for over 18 years (as well as making some) and can assure the doubters that you most definitely can be agile While wearing plate.

Good to see others on hobby gaming forums. :-)

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Soooooooo, any rumours on any death stuff?

Unless GHB2 brings allegiance abilities and artefacts for the smaller allegiances; it might be time to try 40k, and not pick the army which receives no updates.

It leaves a bit of a sour taste; if we can do something like blades of khorne, a re-tooled grand alliance death book would work an absolute treat at the moment, but it appears it'll be 40k all the way now

I think that they made a mistake creating 4 alliances. They are either not divided properly or they should have been renamed. Putting ALL Humans, Elves and Dwarfs in one alliance had to lead to inbalance in players. On the other hand they created an alliance created from originally like what? 3 factions? How many death factions where previously, before AoS?

So unless they intoduce new races or swap things (like Dark Elves turning again Chaos or maybe Death) things will remain same. Or maybe they change Death allaince into something different.

I believe that some GW employees do read this forum and they see how much interest there is for new Death factions so perhaps they are working faster on something death related.

29 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

New Dark Elf types up for preorder!

Reveal hidden contents
Dark Elf Blood Bowl Team
  Reveal hidden contents
Dark Elf Blood Bowl Assassin

I for one am very pleased with where GW have taken their look.

LOL! Good joke :D

In any case, it's the Daughters of Khaine and Scourge Privateers I think will be filling up the Dark Elfs ranks. Honestly speaking I also really like the new look they have given to a male supporter of the Daughters of Khaine. 

60010799002_WHQSilverTowerENG15.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I think that they made a mistake creating 4 alliances. They are either not divided properly or they should have been renamed. Putting ALL Humans, Elves and Dwarfs in one alliance had to lead to inbalance in players. On the other hand they created an alliance created from originally like what? 3 factions? How many death factions where previously, before AoS?

So unless they intoduce new races or swap things (like Dark Elves turning again Chaos or maybe Death) things will remain same. Or maybe they change Death allaince into something different.

I believe that some GW employees do read this forum and they see how much interest there is for new Death factions so perhaps they are working faster on something death related.

I think it's the best thing GW has ever done. There are some key elements here that players seem to forget.
- Game inbalance or the game in general is seconadry only to the sales of models. Because at the core of it, if models do not sell, there is no game (WFB).
- The biggest advantage of these Alliances is that lorewise they finally make sence. Chaos did co-opt with Skaven more than on one occassion, Order always was a united force against Chaos and both Death and Destruction never co-opted with any of these two directly for the clear greater good or evil. It's this alliances that I am very certain will be replicated in 40K also. As it's very simple to do, IG works with SM and even Tau work with IG. A while ago FFG made a really good game called Conquest (cardgame) which worked with the same principles and that works really well. The only real thing where things become more sketchy with the current designs is where to place Dark Elves and Dark Eldar, they arn't clearly good-guys but they are likely to become a part of Order. Then again, there is that type of character that is Lawful Evil...

Make no mistake, they are working on Death, the thing is that it thakes time to create something cool enough AND have it's essence reflected well in a book. The issue with Death is two-fold at this moment:

1. It's heavily Magic focussed so has to break one of the GH golden rules to remotely become effective.
2. Summoning in the current edition of GH is too non-functional. You can do it but the gain is minimal. 

One of the reasons as to why Khorne could be finished in between is because they are so heavily melee focused that in terms of design it's relatively easy to make things bonkers in melee because for 90% of the time that's all they will be doing. Heavy magic and heavy ranged designs are just much harder to balance because of their massive threat ranges. Though once again, competative game balance is not the priority. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killax said:

- The biggest advantage of these Alliances is that lorewise they finally make sence.

From lore point of view, yes, they do. But is Death really a GRAND alliance? I mean is combination of humans, elves, dwarfs, lizardmen equal to undead? Are they as powerful as Chaos? Don't think so. I think Nagash and Company didn't have so much impact in the End Times for example as those races mentioned earlier. Or did I get something wrong (know the story just from forums, not books actually)? It seems a different league to me. And that's one of the reasons they (death) get less attention.

Conquest (cardgame) which worked with the same principles and that works really well.

Yeah, I'd played it a lot. The one thing that didn't match lorewise was IG/Ork decks. ;)

So I expect that in time we will be having more Death factions but it still will be much, much less than other GAs have.

Edited by Aryann

Given the lead times and the way Nagash has been heavily built up in the lore despite no new releases in AoS, I infer that one or more new army books are ready and just waiting to be released, just like Kharadrons, maybe Scourge Privateers and maybe Grotbag Scuttlers.

I dont think GW have 'neglected' Death any more than theyve 'neglected' Humans or Aelves, or Goblins, or Beastmen, or Skaven, or any other race that hasnt seen new models outside of random Silver Tower models. Its just not been their turn yet.

For anyone wound up by this, the answer is simply deal with it or play something else, whether its another army (for the record I have Sigmarines, Bloodbound, Beastclaws and Flesh Eaters on the go, plus whatever allies i fancy - i enjoy flitting between projects) or a different game.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

From lore point of view, yes, they do. But is Death really a GRAND alliance? I mean is combination of humans, elves, dwarfs, lizardmen equal to undead? Are they as powerful as Chaos? Don't think so. I think Nagash and Company didn't have so much impact in the End Times for example as those races mentioned earlier. Or did I get something wrong (know the story just from forums, not books actually)? It seems a different league to me. And that's one of the reasons they (death) get less attention.

Yeah, I'd played it a lot. The one thing that didn't match lorewise was IG/Ork decks. ;)

So I expect that in time we will be having more Death factions but it still will be much, much less than other GAs have.

Vampires, Ghouls and Skellaton champions are quite different :). Not unlike Humans, Beastmen and Daemons. End Times impact in lore is irrelevant. GW is just slowely letting go of the WFB range. Models that are dynamic will likely remain.

As for IG and Orks, there are those Ork Pirates for hire if we go back in time :)

4 hours ago, Aryann said:

The very highest levels of GW are acutely aware of the desire for new Death models.  But the beans haven't said yes yet.  We just need to have patience.  

Edited by Thomas Lyons

1 hour ago, Thomas Lyons said:

The very highest levels of GW are acutely aware of the desire for new Death models.  But the beans haven't said yes yet.  We just need to have patience.  

Death players are fast becoming like Sisters of Battle players - in less than a 1/10 the time.

Edited by daedalus81

3 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

I dont think GW have 'neglected' Death any more than theyve 'neglected' Humans or Aelves, or Goblins, or Beastmen, or Skaven, or any other race that hasnt seen new models outside of random Silver Tower models. Its just not been their turn yet.

agree, but humans, aelves, goblins, beastmen are allegiances, not a so called 'grand' alliance. The funny thing is that people think 'death' is an army akin to 'stormcast' when of course it should be akin to 'order' but it's nowhere near.

And you're right, I could go and play another army, but I've invested in this one, both my time and money. I like it. I'm not even asking for models, a blades of khorne like release for Deathrattle would be absolutely perfect.