The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Aginor said:

Ah, OK, my bad. I agree then, Ironjawz should get the same treatment.

...it just sucks for the Ironjawz fans who just recently got their first battletome. If I was GW I would probably add the missing content by having a few pages that add this stuff available for free.

I'm OK with it as long as I get points reductions or buffs for a few units (mawkrusha, goregruntas and weirdnob) and hopefully at least one new model or unit to deal with shooting (being shooting itself or a defense against it).

Reducing ardboys to destruction battleline rather than ironjawz would let m justify buying a lot more models. Hint hint GW.

Edited by Riavan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Riavan said:

Reducing ardboys to destruction battleline rather than ironjawz would let m justify buying a lot more models. Hint hint GW.

Ardboyz should remain Ironjawz battleline; they're meant to be more elite than regular orcs, it's only in the elite-er Ironjawz tribe that they are "common" troops.

Its the basic Greenskinz that need a boost, to encourage Destruction players to field something other than Ironjawz, Beastclaws, and Bonesplittas.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thain said:

Ardboyz should remain Ironjawz battleline; they're meant to be more elite than regular orcs, it's only in the elite-er Ironjawz tribe that they are "common" troops.

Its the basic Greenskinz that need a boost, to encourage Destruction players to field something other than Ironjawz, Beastclaws, and Bonesplittas.

I hope Moonclan or Spiderfang get something 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thain said:

How much better are ardboyz than savage orcs which are destruction bat line? 

I think the normal greenskin orc models are not the best models.

I think the points of khorne bloodbound are all OK.

But the warscroll batallions are really bad, all of them except dark feast. Khorne need batallions as well.

Slaughterbrute on khorne Allegiance is awesome, like mutalisk in tzeentch.

But for some reason gw don't did it :(. I always used it before the DOT book as apart of my tzeentch army, even if the mutalisk dont have the keyword comone they create a spawn!

Both models are so visual and his rules are normal, I dont know why gw dont did it :(.

I hope the Slaughterbrute join the khorne allegiance xd. If they do I buy one :D

Edited by Iradekhorne
  • Like 1

It really makes me wonder if there is gonna be a second culling at some point. Not to stoke the flames of paranoia, but some models are being left behind with no real keyword allegiance. Hopefully GH2 will fix that.

Edited by Lavy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Riavan said:

How much better are ardboyz than savage orcs which are destruction bat line? 

Ardboyz
4" Move / 2 Wound / 4+ Save / 6 Bravery

Savage Orruks
5" Move / 2 Wound / 6+ Save (5+ in Combat) / 5 Bravery

Ardboyz have three different weapon options, but all give more attacks than the Savage Orruks' two weapon options. 

Ardboyz' Waaagh! Drummer and the Savage Orruks' Skull Thumper are identical. As is the Ardboyz' Orruk Banner and Savage's Bone Totem. (Alternative to the Orruk Banner, Ardboyz can use the Icon of Gork... Mathematically the difference is insignificant most of the time.)

Really the main difference is quantity versus quality. Savage Orruks come in lots of ten for 100 Points, Ardboyz come in lots of ten for 180 Points. Ardboyz are harder to kill and hit harder, but you've got nearly a two to one ratio...

Honestly, it's more a matter of how the Heroes and Battalions you field will interact with the units that really matters.

Maybe Ardboyz should be battleline when a keyword MEGABOSS is your general?

Maybe Chaos monsters should be able to be marked, OR should be like auxiliaries that dont break allegiance (see also gargants, troggoths, ironweld, thunderscorn, collegiate arcane, etc).

It was a bit of a blow in the Tzeentch book for them to refer to monsters as walking tzaangor libraries only for you not to be able to take them without breaking allegiance.

I dont expect to see a fix in the khorne book, but i do expect sweeping changes in GH2!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Maybe Ardboyz should be battleline when a keyword MEGABOSS is your general?

Maybe Chaos monsters should be able to be marked, OR should be like auxiliaries that dont break allegiance (see also gargants, troggoths, ironweld, thunderscorn, collegiate arcane, etc).

It was a bit of a blow in the Tzeentch book for them to refer to monsters as walking tzaangor libraries only for you not to be able to take them without breaking allegiance.

I dont expect to see a fix in the khorne book, but i do expect sweeping changes in GH2!

I've given this feedback already for GHB2.  Many of the "X is battleline with Y allegiance" should instead be "X is battleline when a Y hero is your general".  This makes many of these units infinitely more usable since battleline status could be keyed towards generals rather than entire forces.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Veillotron said:

I am not a Khorne player but nonetheless am VERY happy with the new battletome release. For me, this shows how reactive & nimble GW can be. Writing books and a few new abilities/spells/artefacts is a lot faster than producing models. GW has seen the feedback to the new battletomes (DoT and SEs) and is giving the people what they want..

Agreed, although the new Stormcast Battletome showed the downside to reactive.  There are errors where in the fluff section they clearly copied and pasted about certain models (Azyros comes to mind) and then changed the rules on the warscroll so they don't align anymore.  A bummer, that I wish they would have gone back and fixed.

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I've given this feedback already for GHB2.  Many of the "X is battleline with Y allegiance" should instead be "X is battleline when a Y hero is your general".  This makes many of these units infinitely more usable since battleline status could be keyed towards generals rather than entire forces.

Then you'd break the whole system.  Take the best hero and battleline and then anything else you want without restriction.  Anyway this isn't much of a discussion for the rumor thread.

• Like 2

wow! So 65 € like Spire of Dawn. 35 € less and you gain a battlemat (It his paper or its of good quality? For the pics I think its just paper) and loss the Lord on Dracoth, the Migthy Lord of Khorne and the Bloodsecrator.

Hmm... if they keep the old starter set its only good news.

4 minutes ago, Galas said:

wow! So 65 € like Spire of Dawn. 35 € less and you gain a battlemat (It his paper or its of good quality? For the pics I think its just paper) and loss the Lord on Dracoth, the Migthy Lord of Khorne and the Bloodsecrator.

Hmm... if they keep the old starter set its only good news.

It's a durable combination of Dracoth and Khorgorath leather..which could explain why they are missing.

• Like 11

On 20/03/2017 at 4:07 PM, Thomas Lyons said:

I suspect that we'll see a Nurgle combined tome later this year which rolls Clan Pestilens into a three-part Children of Nurgle force: Mortals, Daemons, and Clan Pestilens.  The plague priests will likely get Nurgle Prayers.  This fits right in line with their current design trajectory and remakes one of those prior tomes.  

I would not expect any beastmen with this tome, or any other models in general.

Yes in fact this combined Mortals, Daemons and Pestilens force already has a name - The Grand Congregation of Nurgle from back in The Quest for Ghal Maraz. I think it included beastmen as well. They look pretty grubby and fit into that whole antlers and horns, beastial decay aesthetic of Nurgle, so the Gor models could be used with a keyword addition. Pestilens would perhaps not have access to prayers to Nurgle though.

I'm really hoping we see a similar super-easy starter set for WH40k. They've got pretty nice newish push-fit Ultramarine Tacticals already (in the basic paint set) and a decent nearly-push-fit Dreadnought has been knocking around since Black Reach. Toss in twenty or so push-fit Genestealers and/or Termagants...