The Rumour Thread

Also we might see the new deep/chtulu elves at adepticon.

Via Hastings.

I don't think Dark Elves will exist any more, at least not in the current aesthetic, I think the Cthulu/Deep one Aelves coming out way are meant to be a shadowy almost swings both ways army, they're certainly dark anyway from what I understand, I'm expecting to see them at Adepticon next week with a release either later this year or at the beginning of next year. You'll have to forgive me but I've been out of the loop for a while

Edited by Sete

19 minutes ago, Sete said:

Also we might see the new deep/chtulu elves at adepticon.

Via Hastings.

I don't think Dark Elves will exist any more, at least not in the current aesthetic, I think the Cthulu/Deep one Aelves coming out way are meant to be a shadowy almost swings both ways army, they're certainly dark anyway from what I understand, I'm expecting to see them at Adepticon next week with a release either later this year or at the beginning of next year. You'll have to forgive me but I've been out of the loop for a while

It's almost too much to handle.

Posts about Death not getting releases in 3...2...1... ;)

• Like 1

Thanks very much, so a few bits to mull over.........

I don't think Dark Elves will exist any more, at least not in the current aesthetic, I think the Cthulu/Deep one Aelves coming out way are meant to be a shadowy almost swings both ways army, they're certainly dark anyway from what I understand, I'm expecting to see them at Adepticon next week with a release either later this year or at the beginning of next year. You'll have to forgive me but I've been out of the loop for a while.

I've heard nothing about Slaanesh with the exception that as I reported almost 3-4 years ago all the designs for Greater Deamons were done, we've got the BT, we've got the LoC, the ORIGINAL CAD for the GUO ended up getting released as the Glottkin, and I've heard nothing about a replacement for GUO or Slaanesh other than the designs are done. Regardless of what some people said up until even the end of this last the GDs have ALL been finished for some while in their original form, some changes have been made along the way, for example the original LoC did not make Kairos Fateweaver, the parts to convert the plastic kit were originally going to be resin add on pack, in fact I seem to recall this was planned for all the plastic greater deamons. I now expect named GDs to be part of the plastic kit for a slightly higher price. Anyway apologies I've gone off track. There was talk last year about a campaign featuring Slaanesh for AoS, but I am not sure if this was mixed up with the recent Gathering Storm and the Eldar part about Slaanesh, so I really can't say how accurate that is. It would be exciting to see Slaanesh return.

Nurgle, hmm, I have heard nothing for AoS about Nurgle, I know Mortarion is coming and has a plague army, whether or not that means some kits like the old beast of nurgle will get new plastic kits as part of the 40k release that can be used cross settings I couldn't say. The plastic range of Nurgle for fantasy/AoS is pretty fleshed out already, I think if they add a plastic beast and maybe a new unit or two then it will be good to go, like I said I know 40k nurgle is incoming (I thought it was very start of next year, but it could be earlier than that) so it might make sense to add to the AoS nurgle range with a few cross system releases around that time.

I've heard nothing at all about Death or Destruction, in fact I find both currently very boring (just my own opinion of course) the Ork/Orukk have no real selection, and I really don't feel any of the old WFB minis have a place in the army, likewise Ogres/Oggurrs, death is even worse, with the only new thing being a kitbash of two old units. I hope when they do get round to filling these out that they get the same treatment that order are getting, i.e. total new ranges of models, with plenty of choices.

No idea about updated Khorne battletome, or how high on everyones list that would be, the general feeling at the moment is Khorne has been done to death. Would be nice if they waited to release an updated battletome alongside maybe say plastic bloodhounds?

via War of Sigmar comments https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1805

1 hour ago, hellalugosi said:

Anyone else think they might discontinue the og starter set, and then release the starter set models that arent in the new starter set as their own products? Maybe finally a unique warscroll for vandus and khul?

I'm expecting them to discontinue the Original Starter set with this new one, as it seems to be aimed better at new starters (different coloured plastic), plus new packaging takes up less shelf space. I think they are intending to make more of a push to sell in other retailer stores. Not sure about unique scroll for Vandus but would like to see one for Khul if he manages to become a Daemon Prince.

4 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not sure about unique scroll for Vandus but would like to see one for Khul if he manages to become a Daemon Prince.

It feels like the thread of the story in Aos isn't finished with Vandus yet, seems like he's going to become someone/something more significant after his previous reforging and his spanking of Skarbrand. We may see a scroll at some point but i'd expect it to be representing something more significant than he currently is.

50 minutes ago, EvDJ said:

It feels like the thread of the story in Aos isn't finished with Vandus yet, seems like he's going to become someone/something more significant after his previous reforging and his spanking of Skarbrand. We may see a scroll at some point but i'd expect it to be representing something more significant than he currently is.

SC have the room for named characters. They've one named character at the moment.

Hey all - 

Don't know if anyone commented on this yet, but if you go to the youtube video for the new "Steampunk" dwarves, there is another piece of art at the start of the video. It shows a dwarf fleet engaging some kind of multi-tentacled entity rising from the clouds/water. Nothing much to go on, but with all the rumors of "Deep-One" style elves, this could be another sign of their imminent release. 

• Like 2

Sell Sell Sell!

I have been saving for this myself since the Iron Golem and Blimps were rumored in 8th edition. Hmm...we haven't seen the Iron Golem and there are illustrations and rumors of it still..perhaps I shouldn't sell my Dwarfs...

5 hours ago, EvDJ said:

I'm putting my money on him being first Lord-Commander 

• Like 2