The Rumour Thread

Personally I quite like the new Dwarves.  They're completely unique which is something GW is really trying hard to achieve, it also shows that GW is still happy to release single faction Battletomes.  Yes, it would be nice to have a Duardin Battletome, but I honestly can't see that happening now - Disposed perhaps, but not an all encompassing Duardin one.

I also love the way that GW have just dumped a motherlode of of releases on us and there's still lots of unhappy comments!  I think the biggest shame is we've not got WarhammerTV going over the pictures on Twitch this week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

There are a lot of factions that deserve more news than they

Death have 0 new factions after AOS release (flesh eathers dosn't count).

I think GW need throw a Death release or his players can dissappear.

I don't know, I don't think most death players (meaning me) are gonna give up the game, only on the faction when the next release turns out to be chutlhu themed shadow elves and start collecting those instead. 

After that first month has passed assembling and painting dark elves, and the new death battle tome suddenly comes out, we're going to slink back to Death filled with shame and a yicky taste in our mouths. Any way gw is happy; more sales both ways (no 'money grabber' critique meant here).

Chutulhu themed shadow elves!  Thats cool!

Maybe next time,Nagash.

Edited by Teletomas
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Anyone noticed this at the bottom of the picture? image.png.3844ec777614785cd06d2469089dabeb.pngLooks like a hint of the Cthulhu inspired Aelves that Hastings mentioned.

Hm I think that I heard about a film about a pirate captain in love with a sea and he had a Kraken to kill his pray. Don't seem to recole the name.... ;)

3 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

If you ask me, Shadespire will feature new death stuff. Just hear at the rattle.

Yup, I hope so too.

But no new battle tome in a standalone game, which is more missed than everything else. (And an "easy" fix!).... And more -something- ranged. 

Edited by Teletomas

Ok so we got Dwarfs now I want Aelves badly and I think we may not get Shadowkin but some kind of "Marine" Elves (or Shadowkin are this as well) to fight with Dwarfs (they way they released SE after Tzeentch) and then much later on(2018?) we will got conclusion of Slaanesh story arc with Tyrion's Elves and Disciples of Slaanesh. 

Got to say they're very nice. I'm glad I've committed to Tzeentch as otherwise I'd have to sell a few organs, my wife, son, house....

Anyway, how do we think these will play? Gyrobombers have 5 wounds with a 4+. I'm wondering if these guys will have a feel something like Beastclaw Raiders with multiple large multi wounds monsters/skyships. Could be that something like gyrocopters could fill the roll of battleline units and you could have a completely mounted force.

5 minutes ago, Changer said:

Got to say they're very nice. I'm glad I've committed to Tzeentch as otherwise I'd have to sell a few organs, my wife, son, house....

Anyway, how do we think these will play? Gyrobombers have 5 wounds with a 4+. I'm wondering if these guys will have a feel something like Beastclaw Raiders with multiple large multi wounds monsters/skyships. Could be that something like gyrocopters could fill the roll of battleline units and you could have a completely mounted force.

Every ship has bombs attached. I also wager the skyballs-duardin drop from most ships. The one noted as a transport can probably contain the rest. I'd imagine the ships deploying alone to start with filled with goodies, they may even deploy off the board as SCE do.

The ships then move towards and OVER the enemy, dropping units outside 9" and doing mortal wounds on each unit they pass over (bombs). The dwarves dropped now pin units in place, the skyballers probably have some kind of slipperiness maybe not being bound in any combat but able to just float about pinning other units.

The ships continue moving over units dropping bombs and shooting. The transport has to land to drop the foot infantry perhaps - slowing it in comparison to the delivery of balloon guys.

Could be cool, the ships in formation just doing bombing runs up and down the board flinging out duardin onto objectives as they go.

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 3

So the music in the video is just perfect. Soaring, romantic, proper stirring sky-pirate stuff,  makes you think about swing through the rigging and aim at the horizon.

On the whole, not just steampunk but vaguely Miyazaki-esque in certain ways.  Not quite my cup of tea but very nice, definitely a lot of character with the brass and leather, and details like the robo-parrot.

Background-wise, I'm hoping that these guys are ruthless piratical hyper-capitalists, like 19th century industrialist barons or the East India Company. All about that gold. Order, and not psychopaths, but not by any means pleasant.

EDIT: Anyone thing we'll get the gyrocopter/gyrobomber shanghaied into the new faction? Nothing in the new range has the same kind of rotors but the pilots have the same leather jacket kind of aesthetic as some of the new guys.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

Just now, sandlemad said:

So the music in the video is just perfect. Soaring, romantic, proper stirring sky-pirate stuff,  makes you think about swing through the rigging and aim at the horizon.

On the whole, not just steampunk but vaguely Miyazaki-esque in certain ways.  Not quite my cup of tea but very nice, definitely a lot of character with the brass and leather, and details like the robo-parrot.

Background-wise, I'm hoping that these guys are ruthless piratical hyper-capitalists, like 19th century industrialist barons or the East India Company. All about that gold. Order, and not psychopaths, but not by any means pleasant.

Miyazaki style conversions please! These ships and balloons can be attached to any race of miniature and use the Kharadron rules.

I think this may be the most exciting modelling release in a while for that reason alone.

I'm amazed - the Airships are so sleek and awesome. Some of the guns and weapons are fanatastic. I'm hoping that they are keeping a Golem/Mech in reserve!

I'm getting strong echoes of Bioshock Infinite. If you like that theme, I hope you've seen the BBC show Taboo! Tom Hardy could be in my army anyday!

• Like 1

April needs to come faster!

I called it months ago on the airship ando 'jetpack' guys. I also said riflemen which seems to be a Vanguard-Hunter type unit then a...Devastator...unit...

Now hopefully my last prediction of a mech suite type guy will show up last as the icing on a very industrialized cake

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

My hope is that they will have powerful but very short range guns, to take advantage of their flying mobility. I don't like gun lines.

I see this happening, it's a mobile shooty army with maybe 1 unit exception - like most of the Vanguard units.

I think it makes sense to steer the game away from bunkered gunlines.

7 hours ago, Galas said:

The only thing that I don't like of this release its that, in my personal taste for a variety of infantry (sorry, greenskin player, I love variety) I would have prefered a fourth infantry type before the medium-size ship. I think that with the one-dwarf fly ship and the big one its, for the initial release, suficient.

But... in the other hand... Monopoly Dwarf with a Chainsword!

They may be more variety than we think.The inital Diciples video didnt make all aspects of the release clear and the lighting in the vid makes it very difficult to pick out shapes. Ill hold off my final judgement until we get some clear shots

7 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

I thought they would stick closer to the old gyrocopter ascetic.  Makes me wonder if those old units will be ported in or not.  Seems like they might look completely out of place. 

I imagine they could quite easily as its amazing what an alternative color scheme can do. Im trying to imagine the gyrocopters in a brass like color rather than a mat finish and in my head i kind of get it.

Iron breakers and iron drakes would fit right in. However that would depend on the stature of the new ones as they look fairly jacked to me!

6 hours ago, Dez said:

I've personally been wanting Squats back for...well over a decade now. This release is making me happy, as I'd much rather play AoS. 

I think thats EXACTLY what they are going for. GW have all these people that have been begging for squats to come back.

GW dosent have a way to fit them into 40k and they have a game where they want to attract as much new blood as possible.

So they make a faction heavily inspired by the Squat idea that will provide an appealing AOS army for squat fans an a host of easy conversions for 40k

Clever.

2 hours ago, Sete said:

Gonna go ahead and say it.

I don't like them.

I fully expected this release to sit badly with some.

all the othe realses feel like the y have just evolved or updated existing styles:

Sylvaneth developed off the already existing treelord models.

Bloodbound just expanded on the khourne bezerker theme

Orruks just got bigger with thicker armor

Tzeentch has always been random and colorful so i think most things would have appealed. Etc etc

However Duardin is the first faction where they have wanted to completey tear down the old styles to create something unique for GW

just like with the Fyreslayers it is difficult to let go of a faction style completely.

Because elts face it regardless of whether or not GW ripped off any of its old world faction inspirations they were still well established and awesome.

I dont agree with you. but i certainly get where your coming from.

As anyone had any thought to any special characters?

I would love to have another old world refererence or revival.

Captain Malakai Makaisson!!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Solvanic said:

I like everything but the Skyriggers

If I buy these (I will at a later date) I'm converting their balloon-esque things to true balloons. I don't 100% like the hard struts holding them to hard balls.

I'm thinking of making each one look like the house from 'Up'

• Like 2

These new skydwarves are a much cooler new faction than when the fyreslayers dropped, (I still hate the height of their firey hair), where as these new dudes I don't think there's anything on them I really don't like, (apart from maybe the top hat and chainfist on that one dude).  

I like that the jump dudes are on flying stands rather than flappy magical rubbish or spirits, not because I hate that look but I was just getting a bit tired of it.  I also really like that they have a nice varied looking "troops" choice, (the Arkanaut Company) these combined with their large transporter looking skyship (the Arkanaut Ironclad) (assuming it can carry dudes) would make a great small addition to any order army.

• Like 1