The Rumour Thread

54 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

SCE1

They too are on the cusp of losing themselves to the curse of Reforging, but their resolve is unshakeable – said to be a gift from the death god Morrda. In truth, their Gryph-stalker mounts can mark people for death, draining their life force and transferring it to their rider in an act unsettlingly akin to necromantic hexes. 

oh look like we even delving into Morr lore pun intent with the connection of other gods in Sigmar pantheon. cool to see if they play around with that in other models stuff like Mirmidh/Myrmidia & Father of Blades

Empire_Gods.jpg.340b873717fcbba813c97af3c725a09c.jpg

Always a good thing when deities besides Sigmar get to shine in the lore.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I absolutely love everything in the box. It's very rare to like both sides to a box set and this will be a first for me.

Soul wars for me got me into AoS. Just a shame it didn't have the right numbers of models for units. If it had, had that, it'd have been perfect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

This new map really emphasises the massive size of the Mortal Realms. Check how time the dots are with the mapped regions we know from each realm.

lldpe0RyxIbDdao5.jpg

Biggest win is for Realm of Light stans.

People keep thinking it’s a small Realm because everything’s revealed(as the light does) but you see they even had to use a much bigger magnifying glass on Ymetrica because as a mega-continent(literally what it’s called) you can fit 5 Great Parch’s on it’s landmass!

Loremaster vindication! 🪶🤓🪐

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

In terms of lore I am excited to see them discuss the pantheon as their has been a major shake up over time with the introduction and ascendency of further gods. However, I am curious to see if the Big Gods (Sigmar, Gorkamorka, Grimnir,  Gurgni, Teclis, Tyrion, Alarielle, Nagash, and Malekith) continue to have a rarified relationship like the Olympians or if they will be more on par with the newer gods such as Morathi and Kragnos.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I'm genuinely delighted for all the Skaven players out there (and the couple that I regularly play against). They've had to wait a long time for this, and persevere with ancient models. These new rats look the total business! 

Yeah although I’m not a fan of the new grey seer

Although great new minis I still feel like a big reveal of the new edition box should have had some more. Are there any more new units for the start factions? Which factions are next in line for a battle tome? There doesn't need to be dates or months for it but some kind of plan for the future would have been nice.

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like I cannot justify the boxset for financial and storage reasons, but I think I will struggle not to pick it up. I unfortanately cannot find anyone interested in the skaven half which is absurd to me as they are by far one of the most popular factions and these sculpts are nearly perfect!

Still I feel like maybe I can free up some shelf space for some little rats and holy knights...

Which is funny, because I’m having the same struggle with the marine players😂.

nobdoy wants to collect the stormy marines, and for some reason those who did stopped and sol their collection after the culling

1 minute ago, Sprues&Brews said:

https://spruesandbrews.com/2024/05/17/skaventide-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-4th-edition-launch-box-revealed/

We have all the details collected together, including how much the box is going to cost and a release window gleaned from the fine print on Warhammer Community!

Are you certain it's 210 euro? While I previous said that 200 euro is the max it should cost, you do get a lot more than expected. Thus if it is 210 euro. It's a good price.

All the mini's are amazing!

5 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

“equipment you need to play any of the other 23 factions.“

so we have one more faction than V3 . Orruk séparation confirmed ?

2 more faction , because BoC is removed ?

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

2 more faction , because BoC is removed ?

BoC will likely still get Spearhead rules considering that they are getting rules for the first year of 4.0, so it's likely only one more.

side note, but did they show off the Warclans box with the new Spearhead design or no?

2 minutes ago, bethebee said:

BoC will likely still get Spearhead rules considering that they are getting rules for the first year of 4.0, so it's likely only one more.

side note, but did they show off the Warclans box with the new Spearhead design or no?

They didn’t , just the vanguard orruk box . It’s not repacked yet 

So not an issue for all of us, and not an issue for anyone who's got some D6 games kicking around but maybe for absolute newbies... does it not have dice in it? Is that a GW thing now to not have a handful of dice in the launch/starter boxes for total newbies?

4 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

So not an issue for all of us, and not an issue for anyone who's got some D6 games kicking around but maybe for absolute newbies... does it not have dice in it? Is that a GW thing now to not have a handful of dice in the launch/starter boxes for total newbies?

Come on, it's gotta have dice in it!! That's traditional. 

4 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

That way someone might actually buy some dice for 30+ euros.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bethebee said:

I believe anything BoC,  Bonesplitterz, and SCE would get would be free downloads on the community page and not part of any official release.

Damn that's an amazing box, both sides look great and I'm glad the terrain and game mat didn't really seem to diminish the amount of models in the box. Even if I don't use the terrain or mat for AoS I could possibly find uses for them in other games like Conquest.

That being said I think part of me still wishes they kept the terrain and game mat to the separate starter sets to potentially keep the price of the launch box down because $450 aud is brutal. Thankfully the usual store I get Warhammer stuff from has a 21% discount so that'll knock a decent chunk off the price off at least.