The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Haha noticed that too and then looked at the posts meta data to see if it was the same writer as all the other posts including the squatting still and... yup! 😂

Is there more than one author?

6 minutes ago, Luperci said:

They're SCE so it feels appropriate imo, they're all rounders with good deployment shenanigans, I expect we'll see a draconith battle formation that's more interesting maybe

Yeah, stormcast have 4 main faction battle traits, and they have 4 battle formations to choose from which grant an extra trait

I'm very curious how this will look for the other factions, maybe some units shuffling around their keywords too.

32 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I never realised that any rules in AoS where tied to what colour you painted your models.

I think it's more of a 40k thing, where some (but far from all) tournaments wouldn't allow you to say... run Iron Hands if your army was painted as Ultramarines,

Edited by Clan's Cynic

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think Idoneths made their appearance when they fought against Balcktalon and the Asqhy Crusade.

They did, but was hoping for a bit more than random Pokemon trainer crusade walks in to the grass and a random Idoneth battles them. Felt very lackluster and almost like an isolated case since even Lorai seemd a bit "what?" about it.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, EntMan said:

How long after 40k 10th releasing did the indexes become available?

The core rules dropped on the first week of June, followed by the Indexes a week later, over the course of a week. 

If it's anything like 10th was, they'll probably release them in order of Core Rules -> Boxset units -> Stormcast -> Skaven -> Order -> Chaos -> Death or Destruction -> Death or Destruction.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think it's more of a 40k thing, where some (but far from all) tournaments wouldn't allow you to say... run Iron Hands if your army was painted as Ultramarines,

I mean, that seems pretty harsh to me. A generalisation for sure, but AoS folk seem way more chilled than 40K-ers.

Indeed then we had the marines and nids codex pre order for septemeber/ october time then the first for Mech and Necrons in December so guessing we can look roughly around the same time for new battletomes.

32 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I never realised that any rules in AoS where tied to what colour you painted your models.

It's not. It's more of a 40K think and I think this statement is for those players ;) 

25 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I'm very curious how this will look for the other factions, maybe some units shuffling around their keywords too.

That's what I'm expecting which ties into the work they have done reviewing all the warscrolls. 

32 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Is there more than one author?

I imagine the Warhammer Community Team have a couple of people writing articles and probably a team lead who does the editing. Makes you wonder how far in advance the articles are written and in what order they are written. I imagine the bulk of the "This is how X works or has changed" were pre-written and the article of which models are being removed was a recent thing.

7 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I mean, that seems pretty harsh to me. A generalisation for sure, but AoS folk seem way more chilled than 40K-ers.

GW tried it with AoS at one point, I think with the second edition Stormcast book but the whole community said no ******* way

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Screenshot_20240412-150405.png.02d162bf3dcba700c836234a7e7140d5.png

Lol indeed 🙂

But does the removal of sub-factions also mean that I lost my free cities in CoS and my damned legions in StD? Are these replaced by formations? I hope I am wrong, as that would be a real shame. 

Edited by Tonhel

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol indeed 🙂

But does the removal of sub-factions also mean that I lost my free cities in CoS and my damned legions in StD? Are these replaced by formations? I hope I am wrong, as that would be a real shame. 

If Cities are treated like Stormcast it will certainly be a signigicant shift in their design. They currently have one allegiance ability and 12 subfactions. Reworking that into 4 abilities and 4 subfactions would be a challenge.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol indeed 🙂

It is how it will work now

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

in AOS it is not the default and I felt like that was the point when I started reading the lore--that ALL of Order HAS TO work together (and sometimes with Death/Destruction) to survive Chaos. If Phil Kelly is to be taken at his word, there is quite literally no room for the constant squabbling of WHF or the xenophobia of 40k. The fact that Reclaimed exist as a concept also tells us AOS isn't exactly like 40k or WHFB.

This! There are no viable options save cooperation or giving up your soul entirely to Chaos. 

Where in 40k do you hear about, in the current time period of the setting, Space Marine chapters made up of Chaos Space Marines that were honestly really sorry and want to do better? 

AoS, to me, had two poster factions; the Sigmarines and the Cities. The Sigmarines, as the posterboys, represented that this is the ouroboros WHF sequel. 40k was "fantasy in Space" now AoS has some "40k in Fantasy" vibes. I liked them, and what they represented for the design philosophy of the game. The cities represented the narrative differences between AoS and Fantasy: the Fantasy world died bc all these people couldn't get along, and now this setting will die too if their ancestors can't cooperate.

If Imperial Guard can carry/justify 108 unique SKU's in the store, all for "humans with guns" and 10,000 small tank variations, I'm not sure why GW decided to justify culling Cities down to 48. Probably because someone realized "we can drop all these, not bother trying to learn how to balance them, resell them in TOW 'for the fans!' and railroad people into our reboot version of the faction"

Like, I doubt Cogforts will even be a 1:1 replacement for Steam Tanks

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I imagine the Warhammer Community Team have a couple of people writing articles and probably a team lead who does the editing. 

I can confirm that it's something like that, yeah. Not really something to go into detail on to respect peoples privacy. Source: trust me bro (but really)

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is how it will work now

Exciting! Can it be July already?

15 minutes ago, Chikout said:

GW tried it with AoS at one point, I think with the second edition Stormcast book but the whole community said no ******* way

Yeah it was around then when they made the silly upgrade sprues for the stormhosts. Ew. 😕

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi