The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Hold on, Children of Teclis was already released- and it wasn’t very good, IIRC

It was alright lumineth vs idoneth vs ossiarch battlr royale, it got better as it went along.

6 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

The Paladins and "Custodes" are most likely separate, but regarding the two lightning-wranglers, hear me out;
Dark Apostle

Stormcast character/monster with human auxiliary aides/handlers?

Wouldn't be too much of an interconnection between Stormcast and CoS? In which faction should they be playable, one, the other, or both?

Edited by Ejecutor

4 hours ago, Garrac said:

Hummmmm

But none of the clanrats have these things...

It'll be the Eshin Underworlds team Skittershank’s Clawpack - modern sculpts, neat little spruce to giveaway, sewer bases and glowing weapons. And they're really fun to paint, fantastic minis.

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

Possibly these Battleforces are to sweeten the pill of only getting a single model with the new codexes? 

The battle forces sell really well every year, so they've probably realized that they can make a bunch of money of bringing out big discount box sets. 

29 minutes ago, MitGas said:

image.png.25c16433cb1064984b6e46252efbf6aa.png

Damn, I get banned for a month and things turn ugly. I think this image sums up my thoughts regarding the removal of pretty new SCE models, Beastmen and Bonesplitterz. Those poor guys deserved way better. Hope 4th edition will right the wrongs of 3rd.

Skaven are at least something nice to look forward to.

FF7 Rebirth was awesome. 

You got banned for a month and the first post back you accidentally slip the language filter lol

Edit: Which is a compliment of sorts. Gotta respect the guts! (Even if I'm assuming it wasn't intentional)

Edited by The Red King
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Too much Nurgle Iconography. Epidimius is my guess.

Personally I doubt it - Epidimius is way too chubby for that arm. Could be some sort of plaguebearer assistant, but plaguebearers don't have those very distinctive Skaven-style claws.

I am finally here. These new clanrats look awesome, but I'll have to agree with some of the guys here; they look a bit "mundane," and I would prefer something more over the top. Here's hoping the rest of the new Skaven model list won't be just classic Skaven units but remastered come on GeeDubs give us something more original and wacky. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Stormcast character/monster with human auxiliary aides/handlers?

it would absolutely fit in with the idea that Vandus's final reforgings have his actual body being unstable... Ruination units being a progression of stable to lightning gheist. Sacrosanct wardens with mortal assistants seems very fitting

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wouldn't be too much of an interconnection between Stormcast and CoS? In which faction should they be playable, one, the other, or both?

we should be able to fairly easily make pan-Order forces for existing or custom COS i think. like one of the 2 stormcast subfactions is literally a COS garrison force--no way taking some mortals is off the table.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

As a fun test I tried to sell my Stormcast and Cities stuff that either was removed or most likely going to be to a game store. They flat out declined.........

I am scared to check out the ebay prices lol.

give it a couple weeks/months for us to get new info and it'll probably calm down

i've been meaning to sell my Sacrosanct actually for like a year so kudos to my procrastination i guess

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Hold on, Children of Teclis was already released- and it wasn’t very good, IIRC

This is for a paperback edition. BL novels no longer 'just come out'. They get either a hardback release or a hardback special edition, and only some of them get paperback releases much later down the line.

One of the reasons I no longer buy physical BL books and stick with Audible.

I think I've noticed something: all the clanrat pairs shown are for the most part consistently painted either red or green. Could this be an indication that they belong to two individual great clans?

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-25-44-416~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-26-01-006~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-26-08-297~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-25-53-879~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-26-38-383~2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Aramis said:

It'll be the Eshin Underworlds team Skittershank’s Clawpack - modern sculpts, neat little spruce to giveaway, sewer bases and glowing weapons. And they're really fun to paint, fantastic minis.

I may be wrong, but the event text implies it's new skaven. Skittershank's bros are 2 years old now

7 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

I think I've noticed something: all the clanrat pairs shown are for the most part consistently painted either red or green. Could this be an indication that they belong to two individual great clans?

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-25-44-416~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-26-01-006~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-26-08-297~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-25-53-879~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-04-08-23-26-38-383~2.jpeg

Nah, skavens very usually dont have a shared painting scheme. Mine dont.

31 minutes ago, The Red King said:

You got banned for a month and the first post back you accidentally slip the language filter lol

Edit: Which is a compliment of sorts. Gotta respect the guts! (Even if I'm assuming it wasn't intentional)

I refrained from using my usual wording to describe the unfortunate news we've received. Didn't just turn ugly but it gets the point across well enough as I believe I've heard the phrase before. I don't think there's anything offensive in that.

I'm super-duper-gutsy though unless you put me on a plane, then I'm really quiet.

image.png.143121d5db60554c948777c0abf91fa4.png

• Haha 2

You rat fans are a crazy bunch! 😄

Can't wait to watch my hopefully beefed up mega foot boss waid into a whole swarm of ya puny fuzzy gits and stomp each and every last one!! 🤘

Really happy for y'all. Been a long time coming. 

• LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

You rat fans are a crazy bunch! 😄

Can't wait to watch my hopefully beefed up mega foot boss waid into a whole swarm of ya puny fuzzy gits and stomp each and every last one!! 🤘

Really happy for y'all. Been a long time coming. 

Hard to kill horde of rats whne they eat your legs off :3

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Silly aside, I met Rob Paulsen and Maurice Lamarche recently and want to make a Pinky and Brain Eshin army!

GW should definetely create some sort of characters inspired on them.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, DD-Lord said:

I am finally here. These new clanrats look awesome, but I'll have to agree with some of the guys here; they look a bit "mundane," and I would prefer something more over the top. Here's hoping the rest of the new Skaven model list won't be just classic Skaven units but remastered come on GeeDubs give us something more original and wacky. 

I personally don't get this take, Skaven will get some crazy nonsense, but basic Clanrats are not the place for it. They are the horde  and are meant to be very basic and poorly armed. The really OTT stuff for the Skaven is meant to be the clan stuff, the monsters and machines. I think that making their basic stuff over the top wouldn't be "AoS-ing" them, it would just be degrading their identity.

Hopefully we will see the rat mech that the short story mentioned.

• Like 14

Just now, Goatforce said:

I personally don't get this take, Skaven will get some crazy nonsense, but basic Clanrats are not the place for it. They are the horde  and are meant to be very basic and poorly armed. The really OTT stuff for the Skaven is meant to be the clan stuff, the monsters and machines. I think that making their basic stuff over the top wouldn't be "AoS-ing" them, it would just be degrading their identity.

Hopefully we will see the rat mech that the short story mentioned.

Yeah, Clanrats shouldn’t really be “flashy” units. They come in a brick of 20, and you send them to tie down something important to stop it from killing the things you actually care about. 

• Like 4