The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Luperci said:

World eaters were even after the guard codex too, that army list needs some work or the faction is really going to suffer through 10th. No access to apostles, foot lords or champions was insane. Bikers, raptors and havocs also should've been included but I can at least understand why they're missing

It wouldn’t have happened if 40k had done like AoS and made a Khorne codex with WE and demons… instead 40k Chaos is a mess but this is another debate that is not the point of this thread.

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Wait, let me get this right. So The Old World doesn't have savage orcs... and now neither does Age of Sigmar? What the hell are going to do savage orc only players now?

Leave the game.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Man, now I look silly af. Here am I complaining because GW didn't retire one single unit, while savage orc fans are now relegated to playing Total Warhammer with 30 mods before Creative Assembly gets chopped. At least beastmen fans have another game system to jump to...

16 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

The five people who play Bonesplittaz will be devastated at this news. 

Well then there will more devestated  beast players then we have fyreslayer players😂

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Wait, let me get this right. So The Old World doesn't have savage orcs... and now neither does Age of Sigmar? What the hell are going to do savage orc only players now?

Well……

the savege orruks are basically hidden behind a wall of upgrades you’d have to choose for a unit of normal orks

I have the feeling yesterday was a pretty targeted date for this news. Today they will very likely show a rat mini and we would have a Dawnbringers short, plus on Sunday they will put for sale Darkoaths, Abraxia and Book 6 if they follow the shorts-release pattern.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I have the feeling yesterday was a pretty targeted date for this news. Today they will very likely show a rat mini and we would have a Dawnbringers short, plus on Sunday they will put for sale Darkoaths, Abraxia and Book 6 if they follow the shorts-release pattern.

We shouldn't have any rat reveals until next week, remember warcom reveals are on mondays. This time the fantasy marine got anounced later on 2th because of festive day on brits land.

11 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

IMO Bonesplittaz have had it coming for a long time. they are an old launch army that was cobled together from Orcs and Goblins, they have a minimal to zero prescene in the current lore, and I have never actually seen or faced a Bonesplittaz army since ive been playing the game in 2018. 

Whats the point in stating your opinion like this? 

They have had a tome.

They have received a warband.

Theres actually quite a few Bonesplitterz players on tga already. Maybe not all competitive ones.

Thats more than some other subfactions ever had.

Cant be sad/mad about something like this?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

We shouldn't have any rat reveals until next week, remember warcom reveals are on mondays. This time the fantasy marine got anounced later on 2th because of festive day on brits land.

About that, I’m amazed we haven’t seem any skaven models being revealed so far.

not after this pole has been announcedf971dddd-6203-454f-8bab-c324ccf5ae76.jpeg.d9f0bb744a4b956f4d7a735848b7f094.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Beastmen were always going to get transfered over when they were announced for the Old World, but i don't think they will fully disapear from AOS. They will probaly return as a detachment for chaos armies like god marked and some undivided Beastmen in a few years time. They have enough prescence in the lore that disapearing them Stalin style would just be wierd. 

CSM got 40k Beastmen, maybe STD will get a unit of Gors next edition.

Looks like they want clearly clear cut armies for Chaos : Undivided, big 4, Skaven, Chorfs and I feel like they must’ve felt like BOC was “stepping ” on STD turf because they’re both undivided armies. But that opens the way for maybe undivided Beastmen in STD just like there is god marked Beastmen for Slaanesh and Tzeentch.

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

CSM got 40k Beastmen, maybe STD will get a unit of Gors next edition.

Looks like they want clearly clear cut armies for Chaos : Undivided, big 4, Skaven, Chorfs and I feel like they must’ve felt like BOC was “stepping ” on STD turf because they’re both undivided armies. But that opens the way for maybe undivided Beastmen in STD just like there is god marked Beastmen for Slaanesh and Tzeentch.

I have a feeling there might be more of an interna conflict between the different teams working on tow and aos.

9 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

They have had a tome.

Theres actually quite a few Bonesplitterz players on tga already. Maybe not all competitive ones.

Just ignore this absolute dribbler. They're a new user just here to shill for GW when it is being criticised. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

About that, I’m amazed we haven’t seem any skaven models being revealed so far.

not after this pole has been announcedf971dddd-6203-454f-8bab-c324ccf5ae76.jpeg.d9f0bb744a4b956f4d7a735848b7f094.jpeg

But we had half the Stormcast line gutted.

Next time, people, vote responsibly!

Ok so without Bonesplitterz what will be the effect on Orruk Warclans as a whole? also considering what we now know from army building, I could imagine either:

1) KBz / IJ split into separate books (probably less likely?)

2) BW kinda becomes the default - i.e. we have a Warclans book that allows all options and what we today consider IJ simply follow their heroes into regiments and same with KBz, but you can freely choose whatever unit you want since they have binned faction/keyword locking, effectively simliar to today BW, only with even less restriction probably (since waagh points corner you in to some degree).

In scenario 2, what does that mean during the first 12m? i.e. how does Bonesplitterz fit into that? can you play them in the book or would the be separated out already in June?.. 

Also in reflecting on this, getting rid of the key word bingo will be quite huge for several armies (e.g. Gitz comes to mind..)

26 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Not quite. There are only Orcs in TOW, but fur every 1000 points you are playing you can swap their Light Armour for Frenzy, and if you do you can then buy them War Paint and/or Big Stabbas. Similarly fur Boar Boy Mobs, minus Big Stabbas. So whilst the term "Savage Orcs" isn't used explicitly, they are clearly Savage Orcs.

Feel sad for the BoC and BS players, really horrible news. I actually own quite a few beastmen from WHFB days and I'd considered re-basing them onto rounds, glad I didn't now...

As someone who got into Stormcast with the Soulwars box I'm pretty gutted about the Sacrosanct deletion. In any fantasy setting I've always been drawn to the Warrior/Mage hybrid / Paladin archetype. In any MMORPG I've played that's what I've been drawn to for example. The Sacrosanct models gave me a way of playing out that interest on the tabletop. I understand I can proxy my Sequitors as Liberators but to me that's not the point as I've lost the narrative/playstyle that interested me. I wouldn't have minded if they'd said they were slimming down the range of Sacrosanct and updating them to Thunderstrike. It's the fact that archetype is now completely gone from the tabletop. Sad times. 

i don't know if has been already pointed (haven't seen this thread flooded like yesterday ever), but errant questor is out, and knight questor is not on the list? 

1 minute ago, Gotz said:

i don't know if has been already pointed (haven't seen this thread flooded like yesterday ever), but errant questor is out, and knight questor is not on the list? 

Errant Questor was kind of a weird Knight Questor, so it is not that strange.

12 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Not quite. There are only Orcs in TOW, but fur every 1000 points you are playing you can swap their Light Armour for Frenzy, and if you do you can then buy them War Paint and/or Big Stabbas. Similarly fur Boar Boy Mobs, minus Big Stabbas. So whilst the term "Savage Orcs" isn't used explicitly, they are clearly Savage Orcs.

But can you apply it to all the army, or is it a "1 thing per 1000 points" thing?

Edited by Garrac

10 minutes ago, woolf said:

Ok so without Bonesplitterz what will be the effect on Orruk Warclans as a whole? also considering what we now know from army building, I could imagine either:

1) KBz / IJ split into separate books (probably less likely?)

2) BW kinda becomes the default - i.e. we have a Warclans book that allows all options and what we today consider IJ simply follow their heroes into regiments and same with KBz, but you can freely choose whatever unit you want since they have binned faction/keyword locking, effectively simliar to today BW, only with even less restriction probably (since waagh points corner you in to some degree).

In scenario 2, what does that mean during the first 12m? i.e. how does Bonesplitterz fit into that? can you play them in the book or would the be separated out already in June?.. 

Also in reflecting on this, getting rid of the key word bingo will be quite huge for several armies (e.g. Gitz comes to mind..)

I would bet that Orruk Warclans is the only allegiance that exists next book, with Kruleboyz and Ironjawz just acting as two keywords in the same army.

We already know list building restrictions are being removed. Makes no sense to silo the two remaining Orruk factions for no reason.

1 minute ago, Garrac said:

But can you apply it to all the army, or is it a !1 thing per 1000 points" thing?

Just a 1 per 1000, so whilst you probably could force an entire army of them, you'd have to take big units to do so, and probably include things like Giants and Goblins etc. to fill in the gaps.

Honestly, given this news, it wouldn't entirely surprise me if Bonesplitterz are bright back fur a second round of Arcane Journals stem the line. They are relatively new sculpts by WHFB standards.

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

But can you apply it to all the army, or is it a !1 thing per 1000 points" thing?

You can't run a full army of savage orcs, no. I was hoping they'd do something like that for the arcane journal, but they didn't in the end.

I even interpreted the lack of a 100% savage orc faction in the arcane journal as an indication that bonesplitterz would remain a part of AoS, and I bought 200 quid worth of bonesplitterz a couple of weeks back. 

I intend to run them exclusively for the next year and podium a few times with them, as a final ****** you to GW. 

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 3

I am surprised the following models weren’t ditched:

- Dracoths (hero & Cav)

- All Vanguard models (they’re next though)

- Lord Celestant EDIT: I meant the Clestant Prime

🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by JackStreicher

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Errant Questor was kind of a weird Knight Questor, so it is not that strange.

If I recall as well before Errant Questor was also a Warhammer World only model that used to be on their WW specials shelf. He also had a terrible hair cut that made him look like Dwayne Dibley.

image.png.d0ebb2183e5e9c8f07225ce84936eca0.pngDwayne Dibley (@DwayneDibley1) / X

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

They have had a tome.

Because GW are a stake holder buisness, that operates from a profit mindset. the Team working on AOS led by Phil Kelly may want to keep them, but if higher managment say "hey we need to cut the worst selling army and thats Bonesplittaz, so they gotta go" then that army is going to be cut. 

They may be popular in some communities but compared to mainline factions like STD, Lumineth, COS, IronJawz etc, they aren't that popular, to warrant them staying. I don't like the fact that GW cull these factions, and I don't like GW buissness practices and i don't like that they are so keen to just cut massive armies on a whim with a single post, but they did this in 2015 with the entire WHFB range so theres clearly a precedent to do it.

Ultimatly the community will be angry for a few days, then will move on and probaly keep buying GW products. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1