The Rumour Thread

Just now, Garrac said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

image.jpeg.376e830fb9ada6d7524c16029b858338.jpeg

The Horned Rat hears your wishes and a paw curls. 

2 minutes ago, Hollow said:

lol, no... no it is not. 

If you only own that 1 army, it's fairly reasonable. I know loads of people who only play space marines or sylvaneth who don't want another army out of either cost/looks/gameplay design.

These people have every right to leave the game, I would too if my only army was Beastmen. This kind of mass army squatting reduces the trust in the buyer with GW. Not everyone is a 20 year old veteran, a lot of players are either 1 or 2 editions in so didn't even have to experience previous army culls. 

It's a reasonable response for people who's money and time was on the table. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ganigumo said:

We're probably getting a gitz update. They need to update the grots and the spiderfang stuff. Technically they're selling the older gargants for old world right?
I think the removal of the scuttleboss and nothing else from spiderfang is a bit telling.

My issue is, they will continue to sell these old world sculpts for the like of Gits, Cities, Sylvaneth up until they are elbow dropped with no guarantee they'll be replaced. They could straight up grab longbeards by the grognards and throw them into the closest purple sun with no kit to replace them, but they'll sell them to you a week beforehand. 

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

Why not? It seems perfectly reasonable to quit a game that just cut your favourite faction.

Ignore him. If I remember he has GW stocks and thinks the only thing we're allowed to want is to buy more figures.

I'm done with GW. If I ever buy anything again it'll be third party and I hope GW goes under. ****** em.

And no offense but to the half of the forum acting like I should be happy they told us instead of mad it's happening. Get some perspective. Just accept that your "buddy" James workshop can be, and in fact is, a ******.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Well i was unfortunately wrong about Beasts.

I’m not going to lie, today’s article killed my enthusiasm for AoS stone dead. It makes it very hard going forward to justify any purchases, because in two years or less are GW going to decide to Legend them? 
What about my Gloomspite? They’re founded on the Night Goblins, can I expect the to be dropped like my Boneplitterz should TOW sell well enough to need the Gobbos back?

They’re not gonna axe Gloomspite. Massive sales figures, new model support, actually narratively relevant in every. Single. Edition. If anyone’s in danger from Destro, it’s the Ogors, not arguably their favorites. 

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Ignore him. If I remember he has GW stocks and thinks the only thing we're allowed to want is to buy more figures.

I'm done with GW. If I ever buy anything again it'll be third party and I hope GW goes under. ****** em.

And no offense but to the half of the forum acting like I should be happy they told us instead of mad it's happening. Get some perspective. Just accept that your "buddy" James workshop can be, and in fact is, a ******.

Sorry to say I can’t really blame you. 

Admittedly part of me feels like people shouldn't be too shocked that a game built on the bones of abruptly squatting peoples Fantasy collections would, perhaps inevitably, see squattings of their own occur when it worked out well for GW before (I realise I said a while back I'd be surprised if BoC was squatted but I was obviously wrong in that assumption).

On the other hand, just like back in 2015, I can't begrudge anybody for being extremely upset the army they spent hundreds/thousands of pounds buying, building, painting and playing with is thrown in the proverbial bin.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 13

17 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

What happens to gloomspite? How can Stabbas/Shootas, spiderfang/araknoroks, aleguzzler gargants exist in the AoS when they are also part of legal non legends ToW Orcs and Goblins. It's weird double standards throwing beastmen to ToW but not other ToW legal models. Savage orcs get the worst of it, they aren't even an army in legends or core ToW. It's a 1 in 1000pt upgrade for an Orc unit to get warpaint and frenzy....

GSG always get more than the normal faction treatment each edition. They're the spoiled privileged kids of Destruction (as these littke brats should), I wouldn't worry about the future of GSG. Except Spiderfang because the army is fundamentaly a gross racial stereotype.

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

GSG always get more than the normal faction treatment each edition. They're the spoiled privileged kids of Destruction (as these littke brats should), I wouldn't worry about the future of GSG. Except Spiderfang because the army is fundamentaly a gross racial stereotype.

GSG were one of the top factions in the game in 2nd I believe, they're really popular 

57 minutes ago, Dindi said:

I really hope they note all this on the store page.

Not everyone follows Warhammer community, a new player could go in and buy models for an army that won't exist very soon.

The old GW website used to label things as "last chance to buy" but I think stopped doing that a while before the change to the new website...

31 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Says who? I could easily see the removal or consolidation of existing factions in future editions of the game. I think when it comes to support, 10 years is meeting expectations. 

Community engagement for AoS relies on trust. I believe a lot of players have bought into AoS armies on the assumption that anything with a battletome will have long-term support. That's not unreasonsble. Most old Fantasy armies from the early days have received updates and reimaginings. I think it's somewhat callous to tell people they just had the wrong expectations at this point and that they should always have expected their army to suddenly lose support.

I recognize that old kits can't stay in production forever and that we need to avoid factions getting to Space Marine levels of bloat. I recognize that giving people another year of full support before moving the armies to Legends is good.

But I don't see it as a failure to set correct expectations that BoC players are now upset that their faction for which they just bought a battletome last year is being moved to the Old World. Only people who are really plugged in to GW behind the scenes stuff could be expected to see that coming.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I feel extremely bad for you. I would do exactly the same if it were my faction that was chopped. Ripping an army out of a game system and expecting you to be grateful it's playable in an unrelated game now is bizarre.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

image.png.0d318b5d6a41406b917e1438d954942b.png? Is skabbik not a hero, and also the verminlord corruptor still exists

That's:

1) Epic hero

2) an Underworlds warband that now we know is going to be shot by the Legends canon at some moment

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

Actually this is incorrect, it is reasonable.

Yeah telling people to just not be upset that their faction is being cut from the game? Not sure what they expect tbh

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I think you misunderstand me, I'm not worried about gloomspite as an army getting neck snapped, I'm on about them outright selling ToW miniatures with no assurance that they will get a replacement kit for AoS. Little timmy could buy that spiderfang army 1 week from their new battletome to realise "hey where are the spiders? Whys it only trolls and goblins?!" Like wise when/if the gobbos get replaced what certainty is shootas staying? We simple don't irregardless if GSG gets the luck and love of the badmoon. 

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Like 1

Separately, ogres have only received a handful of new minis since AoS started. Two characters, two terrain pieces and a Warcry unit. More than BoC but not by a huge amount, and less than the Sacrosanct chamber release.

I don’t think it’s actually super likely that they’ll be squatted and/or rolled into TOW… but I’m a lot less confident than I was yesterday.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1