The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Some info on the new Liberators from the comment section of the reveal FB post :

• Sword option is gone, only hammers now. The new sprues have no swords no them.
  • You either have the unit with hammer and shield or dual wielding hammers, 1/5 Libs can take a grandhammer

Shame. I was hoping they would simplify that warscroll much more than this.

• Like 1

Since a lot people think that Stormcasts are a must in the starter... Why not make another edition box Stormcast Eternals vs. Stormcast Eternals?

Helmets vs. Heads, old Liberators vs. new Liberators. Countless possibilities.

Double income, Great success.

IMG_20240403_194059.jpg

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13

This reminds me of the army composition of the Realms of Chaos armybook during WHFB 5th edition. Which honestly, it's something I was hoping to see again, as it feels thematic and cool.

Not so sure about how they're handling "auxiliary units", but I want to give it more thought before giving a veredict.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I foresee the 4th edition as an edition where new sub factions are going to emerge, like Krethusa, and some others would be expanded, like CoS with their Ironweld or Religious side so they can have their own regiments.

I can see GW releasing these regiments like micro factions to add to an army for sure. Maybe in a regiments of renown style box releases aswell. Would be perfect for subfactions like Gitmob/Spiderfang/Firebellies/Kurnothi or different subfactions of CoS.

• Like 2

Just now, Freemeta said:

hum what about allies? gone?

no limit to spaming auxliaries units could lead to degenerate list?

I think GW hasnt forgotten about 40k soup lists. Dont think they will make that mistake again. But who knows XD.

1 minute ago, Freemeta said:

hum what about allies? gone?

no limit to spaming auxliaries units could lead to degenerate list?

Most likely replaced by the Regiments of Renown. They seem perfectly ready for plug and play under this model.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Most likely replaced by the Regiments of Renown. They seem perfectly ready for plug and play under this model.

And even the wording. Now you have Regiments and Regiments of Renown. It feels like it was not a coincidence.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I mean, that's what the sprues have, the warscrolls might be simpler than that.  EG: the current skeleton warriors sprue has the option to give the entire unit either spears or swords, plus the champion can have a halberd.  But their warscroll has only a single weapon entry.  Likewise blood knights can be armed with either swords or lances, and the champion can have a mace, but again only a single weapon entry for the warscroll.

Over in FEC, the cryptguard sprue comes with bits to give them either miscelaneous hand weapons or big two handed halberds, but the warscroll has only a single weapon entry so they fight the same regardless of how you model them.

The new stormcast liberator kit has options to build the unit with either hammer & shield or dual hammers, plus one great hammer, and in all likelyhood the warscroll will have separate rules to reflect these options, but it's entirely within existing precedent for the models to have multiple  weapon options but the rules to simply not care about them.

Edited by Sception

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And even the wording. Now you have Regiments and Regiments of Renown. It feels like it was not a coincidence.

Exactly, regiments of renown seem a balanced way of adding allies, substituting one regular regiment with one of these while creating the list. Packed rules and number of units, so it stays under control

42 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

Exactly, regiments of renown seem a balanced way of adding allies, substituting one regular regiment with one of these while creating the list. Packed rules and number of units, so it stays under control

Weren't the Dogs of War also called Regiments of Renown? Or am I mistaken them with the special units from TWW? IMO we have guessed how the allies would work indeed.

Edited by Ejecutor

48 minutes ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Vote Skaven or I will find you and burn your armies, so that Dark Elf fan doesnt feel alone anymore

image.png.a43a6eb2ebda07e3910456dc3002aebe.png

1/3 of AoS players have Stormcast. Awesome.
  • Like 1

As someone that has been playing Sigmar skirmish stuff instead but spent a long time learning how to play AoS but didn't want to start until hearing about if changes were coming to 4th I think the rules today sound great. I think with the new Spearhead format is great since it starts with a regiment, you play spearhead then when you want to advance your first regiment is good to go and you can start a second after knowing a bit more what you might like for a second.

I also feel that the whole regiment format is great in the narrative essence of your army is about your hero rising to greatness so having a regiment built around that hero and their personal flavour feels great if you wanted to build in to a more narrative/ roleplay style army. I also like that we are still having a hero attached to units in a sense without having them locked to one single bodyguard like in 40k, but instead we have a mix of a squad led by them together.

Edited by Vaellas
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sception said:

I mean, that's what the sprues have, the warscrolls might be simpler than that.  EG: the current skeleton warriors sprue has the option to give the entire unit either spears or swords, plus the champion can have a halberd.  But their warscroll has only a single weapon entry.  Likewise blood knights can be armed with either swords or lances, and the champion can have a mace, but again only a single weapon entry for the warscroll.

Over in FEC, the cryptguard sprue comes with bits to give them either miscelaneous hand weapons or big two handed halberds, but the warscroll has only a single weapon entry so they fight the same regardless of how you model them.

The new stormcast liberator kit has options to build the unit with either hammer & shield or dual hammers, plus one great hammer, and in all likelyhood the warscroll will have separate rules to reflect these options, but it's entirely within existing precedent for the models to have multiple  weapon options but the rules to simply not care about them.

The current Liberator Warscroll has 3 options: Weapon, Paired Weapons and Grandweapon. That's been true since the start of 3.0. The new box not having swords changes absolutely nothing about the warscroll.

Personally I thought they'd remove the paired weapon option as I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually run them that way, plusthey have enough redeemer option that damage-dealer Liberators really don't need to exist.

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

You could of said "we'll be doing STUFF in the new edition" and still come off as having insider info with that statement. 😄😜

Like Skaven will be more integrated but you don't need to worry about the clan feeling, or Big Waaagh is not in peril because this design fits It completely. ???

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

My toughts about the weapon unification is that melee “choice” weapons (like you can take swords or spears) are going to be merged, special weapons (like 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 can take big chunky weapon) will stay and shield/pair of weapons will have standarized buffs (like shield +1 save and dual +1 attack)