The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Ha! Say that in three years time when you're still playing with temporary rules, while most everyone else has a shiny new battletome.

In three years we will be checking Warhound's new blurry pics and not caring about rules anymore :P

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

As opposed to now where I’d be using the same battletome while the arms race gets worse? 

At least the current battletomes are playtested. New edition secrecy means that the new indexes will be pulled out of their backsides. Look at 40k for examples of how well they're able to balance rules on their own.

11 minutes ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

Do I must pray for that Warcy add GHR Non-skaven worshipers ? I deseperatly need of inspiration and even Internet does not appear to have proposed such ideas on Kitbash. WHY WHY ! I need my Chaos Warrior of GHR.

Rotmire creed would look good as a base for human ghr worshippers I think, look at necromunda stuff like the cawdor and ash waste nomads too mayne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

At least the current battletomes are playtested

Playtested? Maybe. Tested properly? No.

Gloomspite, sbg, kharadron, obr, slaanesh, khorne, seraphon and cos (and boc and ogors to a lesser extent) had to receive several nerfs because were beyond busted. And we are talking about a year worth of releases. 

• Like 3

I keep thinking about This Skaven Behemoth. Behemoth is a very particular word, it’s a little more nuanced than say Monster, Or creature. It’s biblical yes, but it’s really used more as a title  - I propose that this Behemoth is a reinvention the Titular Burrowing Behemoth from the Hellpit List. And I reckon its that horned fella we’ve seen. 

IMG_0541.png

IMG_0542.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Playtested? Maybe. Tested properly? No.

Gloomspite, sbg, kharadron, obr, slaanesh, khorne, seraphon and cos (and boc and ogors to a lesser extent) had to receive several nerfs because were beyond busted. And we are talking about a year worth of releases. 

Just think how much worse it could be xD

22 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

If range is removed from melee is it then going to a base size system? For example, 25mm -32mm have two rank fight or will there be a usr for weapon types like one handed, two handed, spears, etc?t

Most second one.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

My favorite part of Warhammer reveals is seeing the new stuff and going, "I am SO starting this army," and then I do the exact opposite of that. Many such cases

Haha yeah pretty much. I only just got around to selling my Stormcast from AoS 1, 2 & 3 boxes.
I just know it's gonna be the same with these ones...
"Oh but they look cool maybe I could have yet another army!"
"No, maybe just a skirmish force for Warcry..."
"No, maybe I just need the space and less armies..."

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 2:58 AM, Kromek said:

Going to make a prediction as a long-time lurker that Ossiarchs won't be facing Kurnothi in Warcry. The lack of WF likes on Kurnothi posts is telling.

If it's Sylvaneth I'd prefer something weird like Gnarloak/meat tree Sylvaneth and to save the Kurnothi for a proper range expansion.

Yeah, definitely not expecting Kurnothi now, but I'm curious if it will be Sylvaneth against OBR? I'd love for a 10-figure tree-revenant squad of some kind, or more bug stuff!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

My favorite part of Warhammer reveals is seeing the new stuff and going, "I am SO starting this army," and then I do the exact opposite of that. Many such cases

My problem is, I start the army but never stick to it. Every time a new preview comes around I get distracted by the new hotness. I think I have 500 points painted for more than a dozen armies but more than 2000 points in just three. 

24 minutes ago, ArtistDog said:

Yeah, definitely not expecting Kurnothi now, but I'm curious if it will be Sylvaneth against OBR? I'd love for a 10-figure tree-revenant squad of some kind, or more bug stuff!

RIP I guess unless it like update dryads then the Sylavaneth warband won't really interest me. Sylvaneth already had a good wave of trees & bugs so another warband of just trees and bugs but some random jungle theme doesn't really interest me at all.

i know some do want that and that fine glad to see someone get enjoyment out of it but for me i guess I'll just look forward to the Ossiarch which already comes swinging with the Dog-bone. Kind of a running theme of my opinions on the Gnarlwood warbands so far

Edited by Dragon-knight77

5 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm hoping for another destruction warband. 

Order now has 4.

Death now has 4

Chaos has plenty

Destruction has 2...

The issue with this is that Death and Destruction are substantially smaller than Order and Chaos, clocking in at 4 and 5 (At most, assuming KBZ, Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz each get 1) possible factions to receive Warbands from, while Order has up to 11 (Assuming 1 for each race of CoS), and Chaos has up to around 11 (1 for Moulder, Skryre, Eshin, NuMors, then 1 for the others including speculatively Chorfs)

Unfortunately, it seems parity is impossible unless they do Death and Destruction earlier than the rest. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

It's still gonna hurt to say goodbye to my runners 😥.

On a totally insane wishlisting note I'd love to see some kind of Veskit look-alike reimagined from Mordheim to AoS in the new design style with over the top magitech roborat treatment.
Let's call him... Tiksev! 🐀

Gutter runner theme seems like a great candidate for a future war cry band.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

The issue with this is that Death and Destruction are substantially smaller than Order and Chaos, clocking in at 4 and 5 (At most, assuming KBZ, Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz each get 1) possible factions to receive Warbands from, while Order has up to 11 (Assuming 1 for each race of CoS), and Chaos has up to around 11 (1 for Moulder, Skryre, Eshin, NuMors, then 1 for the others including speculatively Chorfs)

Unfortunately, it seems parity is impossible unless they do Death and Destruction earlier than the rest. 

21 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm hoping for another destruction warband. 

Order now has 4.

Death now has 4

Chaos has plenty

Destruction has 2...

Simple. Give us a Silent People Warband!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I find destruction has more than enough ideas and sub themes to just take a back seat like that. 

Gloomspite has three sub factions of grot culture. Troggs could even be a warband. 

Kruleboyz have swamp lads with four different clans. Hobgrots could definitely get expanded. 

Ironjawz have, well ironjawz. 

Bonesplitterz (think they're toast personally) 

Ogors have at least a couple different groups which could be pulled from.

Even gargants could get a single man crusher with a pet or two or even a full band of those little fellas all over Brodd. 

This isn't even considering silent peeps or something brand new or pulled from the rich warhammer history like fimir. 

Plenty of destruction for all. 🤘

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

To put in perspective not counting Chaos they shown how they can strech chaos with actual chaos gods, barbarian & then Skaven

Order

• Stormcast
  • Seraphon
  • Cities of sigmar:
    • Freeguild
    • Devoted
    • Scourge
    • Darkling + Order Serpentis (don't know if we're counting separate)
    • Order of Azyr
    • Collegiate Arcane
    • Dispossessed
    • Ironweld
  • Sylvaneth
    • Sylvaneth
    • Kurnothi
  • Fyreslayer
  • Kharadon
  • Lumineth
  • Daughter of Khaine
  • Idoneth

Death

• Ossiarch
  • Nighthaunt
  • Flesh eater
  • Soulblight
    • Vampire
    • Skeleton
    • Zombie

Destruciton

• Gloomspite
    • Goblin
    • Troll
    • Spider-grots
    • Gitmob
  • Ogre Mawtribe
    • Beastclaw
    • Gutbuster
    • Firebellies (??)
  • Sons of Behemat (??? guess creeper warband)
  • Orruk 
    • Ironjawz
    • Bonesplitterz
    • Kruleboyz
Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 2