The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe the avatar of the horned rat was a fake leak.

EDIT: I just revisited all his text leaks and it does not mention it. It was Whitefang Jr I think.

It wasn't even him, it was a 4chan/tumblr leak if I recall well

Just now, Ragest said:

Was whitefang2 there if I'm not wrong

Yes, but I remember the "avatar of the horned rat god" thing coming in a 4chan/tumblr leak first, and then whitefang jr. bringing it up here, and then changing the thing a month later very confoudingly with the whole god mini drama.

44 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

I liked melee weapons range, but it was just like armor facing values in earlier editions of 40k. Too clunky to be of any real value most of the time, so a streamlined approach seems like the right move.

measuring distances for anything takes so much of the game time, especially for people who aren't used to playing fast. People may disagree but I'd love for them to remove range for a lot of ranged weapons too, as in the current iteration of kill team. Realistically I feel like most missile weapons and archer units would have a reach over the whole board space, you'd need to balance it so it's not too oppressive but I'd like to see them try that.

8 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Yes, but I remember the "avatar of the horned rat god" thing coming in a 4chan/tumblr leak first, and then whitefang jr. bringing it up here, and then changing the thing a month later very confoudingly with the whole god mini drama.

Remember the Rumouroboros. It could start here and go there, come back here...

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

Can't say I'm very excited for USRs, I've never much enjoyed how GW tends to employ them in their game.  Hopefully they're rather more interesting than the current 40k incarnation, where every other unit has some combination of lethal/sustained/deadly hits and everything winds up feeling kinda samey even across factions.

Axing melee ranges is probably a good change, though I wouldn't mind it sticking around on monsters/single model units and the like.  Notable, killing it completely will have a huge impact on deployment and gameplay if friendly units can't attack over one another, etc.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Looks to be SM 

IMG_7142.png

IMG_7141.webp

@Nezzhil Said it was the Sanguinus sword.

What makes me doubt is the rim of the sword. Not that many minis (from the Space Marines store section) have that rim on the sword in the same way. They tend to end closer to the point:

image.png.6b7da5c476ac9e0a4f00e067b64471a5.png image.png.7512471afdc68c8f3cd353aca6be185a.png

image.png.07a0cccf6240ad73b88283658e9393f3.png 

Even Sanguinor:

El Sanguinor, Campeón de la Hueste

But the design is very Blood Angel's like:

Mephiston

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2024 at 7:36 AM, SG Warhound said:

New 4th edition rumours

DANGER:

Plague Censer

Rat Swarms

Giant Rats

Gutter Runners

Refresh:

seerwarlockmoulder

clanratsstormvermin

ALL WEAPONTEAMS

JezzailsGlobadiers

Rat Ogors

NEW:

new warlock

new warlord

new verminlord

new artillery

new behemoth

new wolfrats

+++ MOD EDIT +++ Removed inappropriate language from post

So plauge censerbearer and gutter runner leaving isn't like a mjor deal to me unlike other dooming over just beacuse we HAD those units in underworld so it not like that concept is being erased unlike say Order Draconis. It will most definitely be returned in plastic in a warcry warband or subfaction box wave (ala Darkoath, ironjawz or Kroot). Giant rat and swarm...eh we're getting new wolf rat that basically the same concept 

Everything updated look good a nice range of Verminous- Skryre - Moulder. Still suprise clan rats are getting updated rather then say plauge monks tho. All Weapon team is fantastic the leaked sprue seem to not be the replacement but rather the new artilery 

I know he mention a vauge message that gave a interpretation that Queek returns but i rather it be Irikt/Ikit return as the new Warlock 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 1:36 PM, SG Warhound said:

New 4th edition rumours

DANGER:

Plague Censer

Rat Swarms

Giant Rats

Gutter Runners

Refresh:

seerwarlockmoulder

clanratsstormvermin

ALL WEAPONTEAMS

JezzailsGlobadiers

Rat Ogors

NEW:

new warlock

new warlord

new verminlord

new artillery

new behemoth

new wolfrats

+++ MOD EDIT +++ Removed inappropriate language from post

With SG Warhounds pictures confirming they know a lot behind the scenes and a bonus with Whitefang liking the post this seems to be the list of what we should expect from the skaven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

I've been giving it credit for a while, my only doubt is where does the "avatar of the horned rat" fit then. If on the new behemoth spot, or it's considered apart from this.

And also about the weapon teams, alltho that "love" reaction by Whitefans can indicate all of them are coming.

It's still gonna hurt to say goodbye to my runners 😥.

On a totally insane wishlisting note I'd love to see some kind of Veskit look-alike reimagined from Mordheim to AoS in the new design style with over the top magitech roborat treatment.
Let's call him... Tiksev! 🐀

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I pray for worse Rend, Wards, Saves, and Mortal Wounds. Rend 1 should mean something and shouldn’t be nearly as common as it is. I’d also appreciate an actual drawback to the All-Outs if they’re sticking around. 

Agreed. 3rd edition became an arms race of hyper damage and armor. Everyone and their grandma gets a ward! 

Back in mah day, wards were rare and fit the lore of the model. Nowadays, you're SOL if your unit doesn't have a ward.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

Can't say I'm very excited for USRs, I've never much enjoyed how GW tends to employ them in their game.  Hopefully they're rather more interesting than the current 40k incarnation, where every other unit has some combination of lethal/sustained/deadly hits and everything winds up feeling kinda samey even across factions.

Axing melee ranges is probably a good change, though I wouldn't mind it sticking around on monsters/single model units and the like.  Notable, killing it completely will have a huge impact on deployment and gameplay if friendly units can't attack over one another, etc.

Lethal hits is really bad both design wise and how common it is tbh, they increased toughness meaning AT should be more valuable, but most elite units and some battleline units just shred through armour with sheer numbers since they all get LH either from a leader, stratagem etc. hopefully they don't ****** up that bad with aos. Also I expect melee weapons will just be able to attack through ranks by default now, instead of needing 2" range