The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, SG Warhound said:

Singapore Warhound

The Screaming One?

No!

The seer of the horned kitty!

Vizzik Skour!

Huh? What does this mean? Am I losing something on the translation? 

(No, Vizzik Skour is not a skaven name that I know)

6 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Perfectly happy for the red branding of AoS to stay into 4th, but I really hope they do new cover art for each Battletome. 

Oh you sweet summer child 😄

More seriously, I agree, but I am not hopeful.

10 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

‘Alright, rattiez… now it’z personal.’

The best bit of the short story.

Also like the mention of armoured Troggoths. Seems like we can still expect new things for Gitz next edition.

Was it yourself or @Vasshpit who mentioned Armoured Troggoths that got a Like from @Whitefang all those months ago?

ARMOURED TROGGS LETS GOOO!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Perfectly happy for the red branding of AoS to stay into 4th, but I really hope they do new cover art for each Battletome. 

I could be wrong, but I think no cover has been repeated in any game so far for a codex/ battletome, right?

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I could be wrong, but I think no cover has been repeated in any game so far for a codex/ battletome, right?

Not sure if joking. Sarcasm really doesn't work on the internet. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Oh definitely, the cover is what's keeping me from buying the Gloomspite tome since it came out.

Edited by pitzok

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Not sure if joking. Sarcasm really doesn't work on the internet. 

No no. I am genuinely saying it. I ran a quick look and they were all looking different from one edition to another in 99% of the cases.

Codices (List) - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum

List of Warhammer: Fantasy Battles Books - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum

List of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar books - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum

I only noticed six repeating cases, all from AoS 2nd to 3rd: Skavens, Sylvaneth, GSG, FS, NH, and SBO.

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

No no. I am genuinely saying it. I ran a quick look and they were all looking different from one edition to another in 99% of the cases.

List of Warhammer: Fantasy Battles Books - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum

I only noticed six repeating cases, all from AoS 2nd to 3rd: Skavens, Sylvaneth, GSG, FS, NH, and SBO.

The 8th edition 40k codexes mostly use art from 6th or 7th edition. The 10th edition Tyranids, Dark Angels and Admech books all reuse art. That's half the 10th edition books. The Tyranid book is the most surprising. It's the major antagonist of the edition but it uses a slightly altered version of old art. The DoK and OBR books have new covers but the art isn't new. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Surprisingly good stock numbers it seems so far. Even 3rd parties have copies left.

Yeap, I was preocupied for over-reaching, but it seems like this time around GW was surprisingly prepared for this! Hope they prepare the same for when Ruination drops

• LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

While 6 isn't the most its still a quarter of all 2nd edition books which I wouldn't call nothing (And Idoneth and Maggotkin didn't even get 2nd edition books) 

I just hope that even if there are repeat covers, its at least none of those 6 again

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Chaos Space Marines had the same cover art for 3 codices, spanning 3 different editions (6, 7, 8), and I think even that was reused from a novel cover.

AdMech, DarkAngels and Tyranids all have old art with updates in 10th.

And in AoS, it feels like people have complained for half the battletomes because they didn't get updated art, both for 2nd and 3rd

• Like 2

Also on the topic of the leaked sheets of paper that i saw people thinking were indexes or magazines, according a guy on reddit who works in publishing, he called these pages signatures and basically are just pages of a book before they get glued together, so very likely looking at pages from core rule book and possibly an inquisition codex 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Kroot box is still in stock on the UK GW site and I can see 3rd parties have it as low as £114.75.

Fingers crossed the Darkoath box release is the same price and availability. 

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That's the Spanish version, isn't it? English stock still resists:

image.png.06830c64ff85be1e484dac3fb1474f91.png

You're totally right! And it's still up! Broooooooo, this must be like the first time in years that I see a release holding up so much time, it's a miracle