The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Bosskelot said:

There's a skaven leak going around that sounds a little disappointing. Apparently Plague Monks and Gutter Runners are disappearing.

It does'nt make any sense though at least for the plague monks.
"Basic units" for the 4 main clans can't be eliminated like that imho....i could see a sort of renewal for Gutter runners (maybe even a name change) but monks are also in the underworld warband....it makes little sense considering Pestilens was also his own battletome in the first edition.

2 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

"Basic units" for the 4 main clans can't be eliminated like that imho....i could see a sort of renewal for Gutter runners (maybe even a name change) but monks are also in the underworld warband....it makes little sense considering Pestilens was also his own battletome in the first edition.

Yeah considering they both have representation in Underworlds it would be very strange for them to disappear.

Especially as GW was selling a christmas box with 40 plague monks a little over a year ago.

6 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

There's a skaven leak going around that sounds a little disappointing. Apparently Plague Monks and Gutter Runners are disappearing.

It doesnt talk about either plague monks nor night runners. Plague censers and gutter runners are not the same thing.

Those 2 kits might still be sold on GW's page, but I hope that the ninja monkeys go to hell as the lovecraftian aberration that they are

• Like 3

Just now, Garrac said:

It doesnt talk about either plague monks nor night runners. Plague censers and gutter runners are not the same thing.

Those 2 kits might still be sold on GW's page, but I hope that the ninja monkeys go to hell as the lovecraftian aberration that they are

They just should make plague censers a weapon option for the base monks or even a dual kit with both units.
I'm worried about moulder tbh....i can't see much other than rat ogors, giant rats(wolf rats like the hell pit white dwarf armylist i suppose?) and even the giant mole.
The hellpit armylist from the white dwarf was great and full of new ideas for some mutating beasts and giving moulder some needed fleshing(lol).

6 hours ago, Garrac said:

Ok, here we go: all the REs that look skaven-ish like enough

imagen.png.d18d582de8cb324f27c056a28413a0a1.png

Honestly, I think NONE of them is a skaven RE, but I know some folks might apreciate this

im guessing :

- Imperial guard (or perhaps Brood Brothers?)

- skaven machine (wood and shoddy craftsmanship is very similar to the leaked artillery)

- 3 next ones: Nurgle underworlds warband (I sincerely hope nurgle doesn't get a second warcry team before slaanesh or skaven get 1)

- Our Lady of Ruin's mount

2 hours ago, Luperci said:

OBR vs an order faction feels much more likely(KO, IDK or Sylvaneth are due a warband), if it were to be chaos I'd expect slaanesh though. Wildcard I'm throwing in here is GSG, could solve some of the greenskin looking REs

I'm also thinking Kurnothi (remember that kurnothi dawnbringers short? It mentioned OBR iirc) they'd also fit the "hunting" theme of the season

2 hours ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

And what about Slaanesh ? 

Two opposites
Ossiarch doesn't take pleasure, they only obey and think.

Slaanesh could also fit the hunting (for their god) more loosely. They could call it

[spoiler]bones and boners[/spoiler]

Just now, Snorri Nelriksson said:

They just should make plague censers a weapon option for the base monks or even a dual kit with both units.
I'm worried about moulder tbh....i can't see much other than rat ogors, giant rats(wolf rats like the hell pit white dwarf armylist i suppose?) and even the giant mole.
The hellpit armylist from the white dwarf was great and full of new ideas for some mutating beasts and giving moulder some needed fleshing(lol).

Clan Moulder would still have:

-(suposedly) new rat ogres

-(suposedly) wolfrats

-(Suposedly) new behemoth

-Stormfiends

-Hellpits

It's more than enough, alltho one thing that has gone unnoticed on this forum so far: it's weird that GW wouldnt keep character options for Moulder or Pestilens (as all the resin kits will probably go to the bin) Perhaps GW will keep them around for a bit longer until they get to make new kits for them?

14 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

We have to digest that some minis are going to be removed. Imo it is not that bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Maybe GW approaches those two clans as more elite clans and they don't have big units anymore, but the warbands would be their "baseline" instead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We have to digest that some minis are going to be removed. Imo it is not that bad.

In fairness the plastic plague monks aren't great. 

However, with the recent-ish release of the plague monks for underworlds/ warcry I'd be surprised if they nuked plague monks and didn't update the plastics.

6 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

In fairness the plastic plague monks aren't great. 

However, with the recent-ish release of the plague monks for underworlds/ warcry I'd be surprised if they nuked plague monks and didn't update the plastics.

GW loves nuking resin and metal kits, but not plastic kits that they arent gonna replace. Or they make weird datasheets like what has happened with the crisis battlesuits. I mean, poor gloomspite players still have to suffer the old af baseline infantry...

People keep forgeting that plague censers and gutter runners have current metal kits, which are the ones that will 100% go out. Not the plastic kits.

99060206067_GutterRunners01.jpg.a19696f9a64a90dac0dbcf0302d3ad65.jpg99120206022_PestilentCenserBearers01.jpg.e1e32adb41a7c7a4cb375c9d68bc38df.jpg

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Clan Moulder would still have:

-(suposedly) new rat ogres

-(suposedly) wolfrats

-(Suposedly) new behemoth

-Stormfiends

-Hellpits

It's more than enough, alltho one thing that has gone unnoticed on this forum so far: it's weird that GW wouldnt keep character options for Moulder or Pestilens (as all the resin kits will probably go to the bin) Perhaps GW will keep them around for a bit longer until they get to make new kits for them?

They could use rat ogors kit for a moulder lord on palanquin option if they don't want a separate lord unit.
Still i find weird not having pestilens and moulder hero options in the rumors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

yeah I'm imagining a bunch of Ossiarch trying to hype up the nerve to ask Katakros if the shapers could make some dogs 😂

No, they have entire menageries of these things they make for fun- I honestly thought it was a Chalcadon, though those may show up elsewhere or just be an offhand lore blurb. 

8 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

I’m going to go dark now, it’s been a good run. I will leave you with one final tease:

Abraxia, Spear of the Everchosen will be making her entrance very very shortly. 

May the Watchers in the Dark keep your secrets hidden.

Thank you for all the hype! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Copywolf said:

Just an FYI, that's a bone kitty not a doggo.  So definitely for hunting something :)

edit: Just kidding, I misread the part that says four-femured fiend as something else!

Tbh, even though they take bones from different things to make something, it does look a lot more like a big cat than a dog, especially the teeth and shape.

Honestly the idea of a Warcry Ossiarch beastmaster sounds really fun. Chasing down those who eluded the bone tithe.

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Hope plague monks do get a new kit, they badly need it, more so than clan rats. 

The clan rats have been redone, probably because all units in the launch box have to be new and you need a basic troop.

Which is weird, I agree, other kits would have deserved an update much earlier like night runners, plague monks...