The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Full Callis & Toll saviours of Cinderfall rules: pFO1pSeBSGlPxsGR.pdf (warhammer-community.com)

Curious that Sentenced to Death and Duty Bound are not part of theiw Warscrolls Abilities. Probably for their Regiment of Renown. So, players trade 4 Orders for an Anvil unit (4+ward Callys&Toll and 3+unrendable save for Saviour of Cinderhall).

Btw, I hate to see 6 diferent profiles for 6 models...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Verminentious said:

So what are the most reliable rumours on skaven at the moment, any that predicted the new weapon sprue before it got leaked for example?

As of now we're trusting SG Warhound, Whitefang, and we have Whitefang back me up on the temptative rumours cell until he clarifies wtf is going on with the supsoed avatar of the Horned Rat/Horned Rat itself

No one predicted with an anticipation note the leaked sprue, unless you count "weapon teams" or "new artillery" I guess

Edited by Garrac

32 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Curious that Sentenced to Death and Duty Bound are not part of theiw Warscrolls Abilities. Probably for their Regiment of Renown. So, players trade 4 Orders for an Anvil unit (4+ward Callys&Toll and 3+unrendable save for Saviour of Cinderhall).

Btw, I hate to see 6 diferent profiles for 6 models...

I still don't fully understand how the Regiment of Renown works with the Saviours of Cinderfall. Can you take it in Cities? If so, does it still benefit from the Cities of Sigmar allegiance abilities and other interactions?

Also, as far as I can tell, Callis and Toll and the Companions are two hero units, so I think that should just be 2 Orders (+1 for one of them if you are in Hammerhal Aqsha, potentially).

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

Thats a lot of points for a few hero models in CoS imho. 

It's certainly a choice you have to make, but I think they are viable. CoS can have the tendency to castle up, so a unit that can deploy on an objective, capture and hold it, forcing the opponent to split their attention, can have a role in this army. Not in all lists, but definitely in some. It helps that the Saviors of Cinderfall are good enough to present a credible threat. You won't remove them easily by just throwing a 200 point skirmishing unit at them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Full Callis & Toll saviours of Cinderfall rules: pFO1pSeBSGlPxsGR.pdf (warhammer-community.com)

I hate even more those units of heroes. So difficult to play and to understand for nothing... 2 different warscroll with 2 different caracteristics, but we have to take them together, they have synergies but each unit work as different unit for the charge phase for example (and for the rest as well i guess?) 

AoS really don't need this kind of unit. It just complexify the game for nothing. Same for the naeve unit and the darkoath one I guess (did not seen their rules yet but scared) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yet another hint that Skaven are getting something very soon (as if we needed any) : Darren Latham is starting to post pictures of painting Skaven all over his socials. As if he’s preparing for a big release…

Who?

is he a designer of some sort?

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

I wonder who the lead designer on the range is. There are quite a few Skaven fans in the studio. 

For example these Jezzails were converted by Maxime Pastourel who was the lead designer on the Death guard project after painting his own Death guard army. skaven.jpg.2e0563bae59275a4f7871dde3eac74ef.jpg

It's pretty common for GW to give the design job to someone who's a fan of the faction.  Steve Party designed some of the new Seraphon after converting his own army and Darren Latham, who is a massive Eldar fan, designed the new Avatar. 

I’ve seen those conversion amazong looking models.

although aren’t they part of the 40k skaven conversion, that can be found on the internet?

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Btw, Ive been seeing this making the rounds:

rumor-of-4e-box-going-around-take-with-a-massive-pitch-of-v0-z7kdi8bwhr5c1.webp.971c97723f4f044d712dd73888a8e518.webp

This seems 100% totally false. More elites than vainilla stuff? Only 10 clanrats with a box of 20 in the future? Weapon teams, which should totally be modular kits? Another assasin? No pressence of the new leaked machine? Nah.

We’ve seen lately so manu leaks of which I’m 90% certain that most are just false.

I mean rat avatar, or a new clawlord/ grey seer/ deathmaster on foot seems so incredoble false, when these are the newest skaven models we officially have.

some even just barely being 2 years old (deathmaster cough.)

1 hour ago, Verminentious said:

So what are the most reliable rumours on skaven at the moment, any that predicted the new weapon sprue before it got leaked for example?

Well… there are a few (officially there where I think 1-2 rumor sources) that stated there will be a new kind of artillery piece for the skaven, before it got announced.

after the leak you had like a thousand comments or rumor sources stating that that was their prediction as well

be  careful mate, not everybody stating their rumors to be true, truly is telling the truth.

most seem to be more interested in becoming the big talk for the next 5 minutes before they get forgotten and left behind

Yeah AoS gets some brilliant books but you can't compare the numbers to 40k ap it's always going to be an unfair match up. This year especially considering the huge events happening in 30k and 40k compared to AoS 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Who?

image.png.996a5ca53299bac0d46f93f50170e501.png

Yup, although in my experience any sort of lead tends to do less designing and more meetings (I say this from experience :( ). He's also a ex-Eavy metal painter and has been at GW for around 20 years. He's designed some amazing miniatures (like  Maugan Ra). He seems a nice bloke as well.

I'll have a look at his socials later if he is posting lots of Skaven stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Not a surprise in the slightest. AoS novels this year were all about new characters except Grombindal. Almost all the 40k books were about well known characters or from well established series. 

I recently finished listening to Son of the Forest. It was a decent book but there were definitely a few AoS books I preferred. I voted for Grombindal but it was a tough call to choose between that and Temple of Silence. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Who?

I’ve seen those conversion amazong looking models.

although aren’t they part of the 40k skaven conversion, that can be found on the internet?

We’ve seen lately so manu leaks of which I’m 90% certain that most are just false.

I mean rat avatar, or a new clawlord/ grey seer/ deathmaster on foot seems so incredoble false, when these are the newest skaven models we officially have.

some even just barely being 2 years old (deathmaster cough.)

Well… there are a few (officially there where I think 1-2 rumor sources) that stated there will be a new kind of artillery piece for the skaven, before it got announced.

after the leak you had like a thousand comments or rumor sources stating that that was their prediction as well

be  careful mate, not everybody stating their rumors to be true, truly is telling the truth.

most seem to be more interested in becoming the big talk for the next 5 minutes before they get forgotten and left behind

Yeah I'm finding g it hard to believe they would focus on updating clanrats and verminlords frankly.

1 hour ago, Vagard said:

I hate even more those units of heroes. So difficult to play and to understand for nothing... 2 different warscroll with 2 different caracteristics, but we have to take them together, they have synergies but each unit work as different unit for the charge phase for example (and for the rest as well i guess?) 

AoS really don't need this kind of unit. It just complexify the game for nothing. Same for the naeve unit and the darkoath one I guess (did not seen their rules yet but scared) 

Counterpoint: these are absolutely great. They're not too powerfull and therefore are absolutely, one hundred percent optional. If you don't like them you don't buy them and you're not missing out.

But for those, who like the game to have that narrative lining, they provide a great worldbuilding bridge between the tabletop and the lore. They make the game more personal, richer and more engaging. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Counterpoint: these are absolutely great. They're not too powerfull and therefore are absolutely, one hundred percent optional. If you don't like them you don't buy them and you're not missing out.

But for those, who like the game to have that narrative lining, they provide a great worldbuilding bridge between the tabletop and the lore. They make the game more personal, richer and more engaging. 

Releasing caracters that played a role in books or series is great, create rules for them is event better ! turning them into an umplayable pile of rules was not necessary. Of course I am not forced to play them, that's not a reason to not complain about. It's the same as if i'm complaining about a army and you say to me "well, there is many other armies to play". Minis are part of a whole game (please don't tell me to change game) 

Edited by Vagard

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Seems strange to me that Cities are that high. As far as I could tell, they only really started performing around the start of the new year, but even then I did not get the impression that they are literally the top tournament faction of the game.

I found this interesting:

"Ironjawz, Kruleboyz, Sylvaneth, Coalesced Seraphon, and Slaves to Darkness are all slightly trailing, so the studio have them earmarked for possible future changes."

I wonder what that means. I don't think there will be another Battlescroll between now and 4th ed.

• Like 2