The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Neither of those were proper factions. They’re subfactions which are far easier to disappear. BoC would be the first actual faction to disappear since the End Times if the rumors about them going are true

Wanderers were a faction unto themselves before cities of sigmar were a thing.  But that was the elden days and things weren't really set in stone back then.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Alright! New siege rules! This goes perfectly with my planned “Fell Forge of Hashut” and “Church of The Great Jackal” sorry ideas. Thanks GW, I owe your rules team big time.

Except based on the preview article these 'siege rules' seem tied to the specific range of AoS terrain pieces GW currently sells, and sadly those piece are not very conducive to setting up a siege scenario.  no walls, no towers, no moats, no palisades, etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, tkt32583 said:

was going to head up to Nottingham this weekend to grab a couple for myself. Do they limit what you buy from WHW?

Not as far as I know. There might be a "your taking the ******" situation if you tried to buy way too many, but even then, as @Ejecutor says, people often buy them for other people who can't make it.

That said, I think the anniversary week ends in Friday, so if you can't make it up before then you might want to give them a call and see if you can reserve some minis (or pay for them over the phone and pick them up later). Would be a shame to turn up on Saturday and find you've missed out.

Edited by JerekKruger

2 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Not as far as I know. There might be a "your taking the ******" situation if you tried to buy way too many, but even then, as @Ejecutor says, people often buy them for other people who can't make it.

I don't know if someone at the store would complain if you buy "too much". This seems "too much", from a loot trip to share:

image.png.82ae28e87c7d7b7e508c15070b6f318e.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Any sign of Zagnog at Warhammer World?

image.png.af1c8d6d42fd5416b5d59745a7bff641.png

Is there any explanation about nobody knows about Zagnog? He wasn't even announced in WarCom and we only know about him because someone made a photo...

Edited by Beliman

12 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Is there any explanation about nobody know about Zagnog? He wasn't even announced in WarCom and we only know about him because someone made a photo...

I guess it was sold too early by mistake? If it had to be put for sale, 3rd ed was deffo its time, IMO. So it is a weird one. Now we have two event models that seem to fit better the current narrative.

12 hours ago, Gutsu17 said:

I would imagine them getting pistols and rifles with axehead bayonets for ironbreakers with pistol-axe + shield or rifle-greataxe loadouts, and irondrakes as pazergrenadier teams with over the shoulder panzerfaust type things

So... chaos dwarves? :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sception said:

Except based on the preview article these 'siege rules' seem tied to the specific range of AoS terrain pieces GW currently sells, and sadly those piece are not very conducive to setting up a siege scenario.  no walls, no towers, no moats, no palisades, etc.

white dwarf 496 has generic siege rules (basically a phase before the battle starts) and wd 489 has rules for breachable walls (and a tutorial on how to build the walls  & gates)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't know if someone at the store would complain if you buy "too much". This seems "too much", from a loot trip to share:

image.png.82ae28e87c7d7b7e508c15070b6f318e.png

I don't think this is fair at all. If he sells it through the facebook loot group he doesn't make a profit, as he is helping other community members. If he tries to sell it through ebay he will make a profit.

If GW allows this kind of buying, where it's  very clear that it will be resold, why can't they sell the commemorative series online, even if it's only one day a year.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Sception said:

I mean, sample size of one and all that. I wonder how many terrain pieces they will stat out for this, and whether they will have any "generic" buildings, walls and towers. I would expect them to provide warscrolls for all the 3rd edition AoS terrain, I think that's a given. Next most likely is probably the Warcry stuff. Maybe faction terrain and older terrain kits, too? Wildwoods?

I can see myself playing this, anyway. Maybe not the team game mode, but a one-shot siege? Seems like it could be fun. These rules look like they fix a problem I have had with previous GW siege rules (such as the ones from 2nd ed): I don't want to play a separate game before the game to determine who gets some kind of bonus. I like that the new rules are compatible with filling up a table with some terrain and having reasons not to just ignore it, so that you can play asymmetric one-off scenarios. That really is what I want from siege rules as a base-line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I don't think this is fair at all. If he sells it through the facebook loot group he doesn't make a profit, as he is helping other community members. If he tries to sell it through ebay he will make a profit.

If GW allows this kind of buying, where it's  very clear that it will be resold, why can't they sell the commemorative series online, even if it's only one day a year.

It is a way to bump the presence in events and WHW.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Red King said:

That's a little disingenuous. Subfactions are subsets of larger armies.  Both wood and high elves featured in the indexes with their own rules/spells/items/traits etc. While also having enough kits to field entire armies of them without any missing pieces. I'd call them factions just not armies (because they never had their own battletome).

I understand what you mean, depending on the style or the race or the "outfit" we can group units by subfactions, but in the game it is the keywords that define subfactions, not previous BT where each unit was in 10 years ago. Kruekboys is a subfaction of Orruk warclans ; darkoath are a subfaction of S2D ; dispossessed are a subfaction of CoS. 

And I insist on this to explain why it is not comparable to squat less than 1/5 of COS warscroll compared to just erase an entire battletome and history linked to it. 

Edited by Vagard

9 minutes ago, Vagard said:

I understand what you mean, depending on the style or the race or the "outfit" we can group units by subfactions, but in the game it is the keywords that define subfactions, not previous BT where each unit was in 10 years ago. Kruekboys is a subfaction of Orruk warclans ; darkoath are a subfaction of S2D ; dispossessed are a subfaction of CoS. 

And I insist on this to explain why it is not comparable to squat less than 1/5 of COS warscroll compared to just erase an entire battletome and history linked to it. 

Hopefully we know more in two weeks.

But if there are indexes with AoS4. GW could mark BoC as the last one to get a battletome and new mini's. So basically nothing happens with BoC during whole 4th edition. No squatting, but stuck with index rules and no new mini's. Than in 5thh they get a revamp with all new mini's.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

Kruekboys is a subfaction of Orruk warclans ; darkoath are a subfaction of S2D ; dispossessed are a subfaction of CoS. 

Disagree:

• Subfactions are a basic term in AoS. Stormhosts, Skyports, Lodges, Cities, etc... are Subfactions. 
  • Kruleboyz are an army, they share a book with other factions and have a weird 3-in-1-army. They have subfactions (Grinnin' Blades, Big Yellers and SKullbugz).
  • Darkoath and Dispossessed are themes of their own armies (Slaves to Darkness and Cities of Sigmar). Dispossessed have their own flavour rules (Orders, Artifacts, etc..) but they can still be used in any of their subfactions.
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Yeah guess you're right on this one actually. 

But still i disagree to compare "old high elves" to a kruelboyz-like army size just because high elves were an army by themeselves in a previous game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

It is a way to bump the presence in events and WHW.

Yup as well as get people going to local stores 'just in case' theres any in stock. 

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Problem is when brought at local GW's, is that stores have targets to meet each month. Whilst the store manager might pull a face if somebody brought all of this, they would still allow it so they hit their targets. It's totally annoying wherever the person buying it, is doing it for profit or to help out other gamers but from a store point of view they will look the other way. Warhammer World may be different though.

3 hours ago, Garrac said:

FOURTEEN DAYS FOR ADEPTICON

Yup. Very curious if the Darkoath would have been shown off or they were something that was going to be shown over next few weeks. Makes you wonder if showing them off early means we are getting a 4th edition reveal and they will devote more time to it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Could the armies that got squatted early AoS signal future army refreshes?

Grand Alliance Destruction contained regular grots and got removed 2nd edition. Start of 3rd we got Kruleboyz as their successors. Same story with Lumineth and high elves. So we have any other factions similar to this like Wanderers that might get future updates in 4th edition.

And what other factions got removed after the grand alliance books?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Could the armies that got squatted early AoS signal future army refreshes?

Grand Alliance Destruction contained regular grots and got removed 2nd edition. Start of 3rd we got Kruleboyz as their successors. Same story with Lumineth and high elves. So we have any other factions similar to this like Wanderers that might get future updates in 4th edition.

And what other factions got removed after the grand alliance books?

For me it is clear that most of what is being removed lately is just to release their new shiny version later on.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

That loot group sucks unless you‘re in the UK. Multiple posts in there and no one can be bothered to send one of the rooks into another country when they gotta go to the post office anyways, it’s like 1 minute of extra work. Worthless to say the least… if GW now released a cool mini exclusively here I wouldn‘t pick it up for those guys either. Thankfully for them this scenario is impossible.

GW sucks for that kind of ****** too, why have the best CoS mini be that hard to get?

They also still also owe me my Warhammer+ year 2 mini after claiming they‘ve sent it twice. Strangely when I order something it always arrives. Guess I gotta demand a refund!

I don‘t care if I rant, that‘s all on them. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

That loot group sucks unless you‘re in the UK. Multiple posts in there and no one can be bothered to send one of the rooks into another country when they gotta go to the post office anyways, it’s like 1 minute of extra work. Worthless to say the least… if GW now released a cool mini exclusively here I wouldn‘t pick it up for those guys either. Thankfully for them this scenario is impossible.

GW sucks for that kind of ****** too, why have the best CoS mini be that hard to get?

They also still also owe me my Warhammer+ year 2 mini after claiming they‘ve sent it twice. Strangely when I order something it always arrives. Guess I gotta demand a refund!

I don‘t care if I rant, that‘s all on them. 

I have to say there was a guy willing to send world wide. His paypal got too much money and got blocked. It is matter of time. I missed that guy by 5 minutes...

54 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I have to say there was a guy willing to send world wide. His paypal got too much money and got blocked. It is matter of time. I missed that guy by 5 minutes...

Okay, one's a good apple then. :)

5 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

That said, I think the anniversary week ends in Friday, so if you can't make it up before then you might want to give them a call and see if you can reserve some minis (or pay for them over the phone and pick them up later). Would be a shame to turn up on Saturday and find you've missed out.

Great point. I just called them up and reserved a few, but they said you can buy a fair few (subject to availability). I wouldn't wanna go overboard though, just in case I get a few weird looks.

For anyone interested, they are available until Sunday, then they will be stopping the sell of them.

Edited by tkt32583