The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

We know there's almost certainly a new Dwarf Lord With Shieldbearers model coming for TOW (much bigger base size + three Shieldbearers instead of two), so it could end up being that. However there's always the possibility they could slide in a Dispossessed Underworlds or Warcry team? Maybe even a Hero just to reinforce that Dispossessed aren't going anywhere.

I don't think it's Grombrindal's axe, just because the it doesn't line up with previous artwork, models or Total War and it would be a pretty obvious giveaway - or course, they could have redesigned it, especially if it's for AoS.

4th ed Hero coming with the CoS battletome could be a duardin? 😍

Just now, madmac said:

That's the thing that stands out to me too. It's partially a callback to old dispossessed designs, but it's more an evolution of them, like I noticed with past releases like Seraphon weapon and armor designs in stuff like their UW warband before the full release. In particular the style of gem and the square geometric shaft design are different, while the trim is very much like the 8th edition dwarf models.

Also as I said earlier, that's no greataxe, it's too stubby. It could very well be TOW and that wouldn't surprise me but it's a lot more fun to think it something for AoS.

Maybe, or maybe it is for aos.

i mean the mosy interesting dwarfs I’ve so far seen are the dawis of old.

sure we have fyreslayers (pantsless slayers)

or the wrong doers (ko)

but non of them are in particularly as interesting as the dispossessed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

We also have an IDK model added to SCE in Neave's box. Unless we see a split of what is today CoS into an all (or predominantly) human faction that will build up on the Dawnbringers foundations and more cosmopolitan odl cities, I think this is the only direction. That army is still a mess of a soup and in dire need of sorting out. Too many warscrolls and too many Oldhammer kits. 

Sure, I could be wrong, but that's how I read the signs we see at this particular moment in time.

I mean cities had an interesting idea, yet it kinda feels like the current book kinda became a miss.

the dawis barely fit i to the cities range amd as for the dark elves.

I’m not certain how they aren’t part of Morathis range.

they seem to have been fully misplaced.

nothing against elves but the wood elves or even high elves fit so much better into the mixed cities book.

dark elves just kinda fee like the elven kin that doesn’t except anybody else into their cities if he isn’t and Elves of their own kin 

• Like 1

Just now, Grungnisson said:

We also have an IDK model added to SCE in Neave's box. Unless we see a split of what is today CoS into an all (or predominantly) human faction that will build up on the Dawnbringers foundations and more cosmopolitan odl cities, I think this is the only direction. That army is still a mess of a soup and in dire need of sorting out. Too many warscrolls and too many Oldhammer kits. 

Sure, I could be wrong, but that's how I read the signs we see at this particular moment in time.

I think that if GW wanted to completely purge dwarfs from CoS and move them to TOW they would have done it already. They certainly didn't hesitate the drop the axe on Wood Elves and Phoenix Temple even though we are still waiting for Kurnothi and Tyrion.

Also being a primarily human army doesn't preclude sprinkling in other races for variety, even IG has Ogres and Halflings in it.

• Like 2

Just now, madmac said:

I think that if GW wanted to completely purge dwarfs from CoS and move them to TOW they would have done it already. They certainly didn't hesitate the drop the axe on Wood Elves and Phoenix Temple even though we are still waiting for Kurnothi and Tyrion.

Also being a primarily human army doesn't preclude sprinkling in other races for variety, even IG has Ogres and Halflings in it.

Yeah I doubt it either.

same reason I don’t think bonesplittaz or the beasts of chaos are going anywhere.

most people currently tend to believe that if an army is in the old world supported it will no longer be in aos.

and that’s kinda doubtful.

Especially when a supported faction for tow is the chaos warrior.

a faction that has gotten a full updated range in the last 2-3 years and is just getting its next update for their marauders.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, madmac said:

There is a little line between a little upset and mass anger. I think that's why they kept duardins and belfs (if the plan is not to renew them, which I think it is).

Also, CoS has Second Generation Ogors.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

Just now, Chikout said:

@Clan's Cynic If you take them in a Cities army it’s Callis and Toll and a second unit called Toll’s companions. At least that seems to be what the article is suggesting. 

That's how Blacktalon works as well. Nieve + The Idoneth and "The others."

Just now, Awkward Yhetee said:

I don’t think tow has had a rumour engine before has it? So my guess would be a new grombrindal. There’s a first for everything though.

HH didn't have one until they got it ;) Don't discard it now as the TOW models took too much to be shown, but now the game is "fully" running and Dwarfs are supposed to be the next in the streamline.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

chaos warrior.

a faction that has gotten a full updated range in the last 2-3 years and is just getting its next update for their marauders

I have zero ideas or guesses as to the relationship between AoS and TOW, but the fact that chaos warriors have an update range, now including marauders, allows TOW to differentiate them by claiming the old ranges

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It really seems like there are just a few possibilities here:

• Grombrindal
  • An actual new Dispossessed model
  • A TOW dwarf

I am hoping it's just a straight up new Dorf. That would mean we finally get clarity about the future of Duarding and Cities of Sigmar, which I'd like to see happen sooner rather than later.

A league of votann hero's axe ?? 

99120118011_UtharDestinedLead.jpg?fm=web

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I mean cities had an interesting idea, yet it kinda feels like the current book kinda became a miss.

kin 

I'll go one further. They don't at all. Hence my prediction.

4 minutes ago, madmac said:

I think that if GW wanted to completely purge dwarfs from CoS and move them to TOW they would have done it already.

No, not really. First, if they wanted to do it in one fell swoop, the Dawnbringers release would have had to be three times as big, and they simply don't have that manufacturing capacity.

Then there's a consideration for the existing players. You still CAN use some of your retired kits as proxies, just like we did with the first CoS book. But by the time we'll see anothe refresh and another third of kits circulated, you will have likely replaced them with the new plastic. Then the cycle will repeat, gradually, and without a massive pushback from the community.

5 minutes ago, cyrus said:

A league of votann hero's axe ?? 

99120118011_UtharDestinedLead.jpg?fm=web

Votann really don't have anything that remotely looks like the RE, lots of futuristic bits and it's nearly all plasma blades to start with.

19 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Hey, the manga is not all about ultraviolence and nudity. And it's a major inspiration for dark fantasy that came after... including Warhammer apparently. But we'll never know until GW tells us so, which will never happen.

Are you sure about that? It seems unlikely to me. WHFB had already been around for years before Berserk was first published, and that was in Japanese. I never saw an English translation of the series until the early 2000's, and it didn't have an official English release till much later.

It seems MUCH more likely that WHFB and Berserk were drawing ideas and themes from some of the same sources. Neither are particularly original, after all.

Or maybe you know something I don't? I'd be interested to hear. Its certainly not impossible that someone at early GW was getting imported manga and was a fan of the series long before it was available in English/\.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

HH didn't have one until they got it ;) Don't discard it now as the TOW models took too much to be shown, but now the game is "fully" running and Dwarfs are supposed to be the next in the streamline.

For the life of me I can’t think of any heresy ones but fair enough.

47 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I mean truth is, most people will likey not care.

considering how many tow players have taken new models for tow, I don’t think this will be an exception either.

441A759B-A9A5-433C-8420-E8C23F256BBB.jpeg.2e1cbeb0c5901ddbd99d6ce91aa3ebd4.jpeg
and funnily enough I’m not differente (see picture above: 9 ardboyz as black orks and a brute as a black ork bigboss))

There are very few TOW players who are buying AoS miniatures, first because all AoS miniatures break the scale and because of the prices.

I see more players with 3D printing, buying old models or from other companies.

Not to mention that the majority already have their army built.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m not certain how they aren’t part of Morathis range.

My baseless theory regarding Darkling Covens is that they will remain in CoS until Malerion is released, at which point it will be revealed that they've been secretly working for him the whole time. If, as I hope, Malerion is no friend to the other Order Factions, this could result in uprisings thruought the CoS, with the possibility of another Anvilgard or two. Doubly so if Morathi comes to her son's aid.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

There are very few TOW players who are buying AoS miniatures, first because all AoS miniatures break the scale and because of the prices.

I see more players with 3D printing, buying old models or from other companies.

Not to mention that the majority already have their army built.

I'm seeing the opposite. Lots and lots of people buying AOS Chaos, DoK, Lizardmen, Orcs (both kinds), Goblins and SBGL.

plus the current Dark Elf, Skaven, Ogres, Beastmen, Dwarves and the recently discontinues High Elves and Empire units.

These kits have been selling out everywhere and fetching absurd prices. Locally I know about a dozen people (including myself) scrambling to purchase models. A few of us are doing 3d printing, but most of us want to use the official models because we love them. For some of us that means ancient models, for others its brand new AoS models.

In addition to that, I don't know anyone who has stated TOW who already had an army.

• Like 3