The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

...but then it turned out to be a TOW model, and everyone returned to their posts in silent resignation.

The end.

Or its Grombrindal in Space... The Votann version [which I'd also be fine with😇]

20 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Would be nuts if this is the "secret" they mentioned during yesterday's post.

Wouldn't surprise me at all- last weeks antlers were revealed on Saturday with the Darkoath..

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also... why not be a picture of a CHORF axe?! It might not be close to the aesthetic we have in mind, but it doesn't have to follow the same route.

Well unless chorfs will change so much that their weapons don’t look much or at all different then that of the dispossessed dawis,

then yes, I guess that could be the case

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Introducing a widely avaiable Soulkiller Gun (it's Skaven so there'll be masses of that gun in the Setting if it gets a Model) in a Setting that's based on Souls is just the worst (creatively and narratively), but that's just my opinion. To me that's the same level of destructive nonsense as the Holdo maneuver in Star Wars.

The existence of "life-killing" weapons hardly destroys a "life-based" Setting (like LotR for example). Actually the opposite imo: they are necessary to have stakes and tension in a story or Setting, or you run into loony toons levels of cartoonishness. The same goes for a "soul-based" setting

32 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Oh cool! That looks like "vanilla" duardin imo, it doesn't really follow any of the design queues from KO or FS, and even the "stepped" haft doesn't look particularly TOW Dawi imo. Could this be Valaya Duardin/Dispossessed?

14 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

...but then it turned out to be a TOW model, and everyone returned to their posts in silent resignation.

The end.

I dunno.

I would actually be jumping as well put of excitement.

and if it is some sort of a foot hero (like a new dawi lord(?)) I’ll be using that model in aos as well.

That's either Grombindal or a new TOW Dwarf hero or both. I'm very curious what GW will do with his rules. It would be very logical to give him rules for AoS and TOW, but politics could get in the way. A decision to only do rules for one or the other could confirm the rumours we've been hearing. 

Just now, Chikout said:

That's either Grombindal or a new TOW Dwarf hero or both. I'm very curious what GW will do with his rules. It would be very logical to give him rules for AoS and TOW, but politics could get in the way. A decision to only do rules for one or the other could confirm the rumours we've been hearing. 

I mean truth is, most people will likey not care.

considering how many tow players have taken new models for tow, I don’t think this will be an exception either.

441A759B-A9A5-433C-8420-E8C23F256BBB.jpeg.2e1cbeb0c5901ddbd99d6ce91aa3ebd4.jpeg
and funnily enough I’m not differente (see picture above: 9 ardboyz as black orks and a brute as a black ork bigboss))

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

and if it is some sort of a foot hero (like a new dawi lord(?)) I’ll be using that model in aos as well.

For now, I suppose. Can't see them not wanting to push on with humanification of CoS and replacing dwarfs and elfs with humans.

45 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

That is a Dawi/Dwarf/Duardin axe if ever I did see one!

vfVBZ2HouDLJ8Ull.jpg

That's an interesting one. Doesn't feel large or ornate enough to be Grombrindals axe, really. It's almost certainly a one handed axe. Doesn't fit Fyreslayers or KO or Votann especially well. It's a very Dispossessed style of axe but not a straight copy of old designs either. I would guess probably TOW, but if it's AoS than I'm eager to see the rest of it.

9 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

The existence of "life-killing" weapons hardly destroys a "life-based" Setting (like LotR for example). Actually the opposite imo: they are necessary to have stakes and tension in a story or Setting, or you run into loony toons levels of cartoonishness. The same goes for a "soul-based" setting

Oh cool! That looks like "vanilla" duardin imo, it doesn't really follow any of the design queues from KO or FS, and even the "stepped" haft doesn't look particularly TOW Dawi imo. Could this be Valaya Duardin/Dispossessed?

Claps and rejoices in Cities of Sigmar.

2 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

For now, I suppose. Can't see them not wanting to push on with humanification of CoS and replacing dwarfs and elfs with humans.

I really hope they don’t. Also they’ve just added an elf to the cities range in the Saviours of Cinderfall box. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It really seems like there are just a few possibilities here:

• Grombrindal
  • An actual new Dispossessed model
  • A TOW dwarf

I am hoping it's just a straight up new Dorf. That would mean we finally get clarity about the future of Duarding and Cities of Sigmar, which I'd like to see happen sooner rather than later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We know there's almost certainly a new Dwarf Lord With Shieldbearers model coming for TOW (much bigger base size + three Shieldbearers instead of two), so it could end up being that. However there's always the possibility they could slide in a Dispossessed Underworlds or Warcry team? Maybe even a Hero just to reinforce that Dispossessed aren't going anywhere.

I don't think it's Grombrindal's axe, just because the it doesn't line up with previous artwork, models or Total War and it would be a pretty obvious giveaway - or course, they could have redesigned it, especially if it's for AoS.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

19 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

That's the thing that stands out to me too. It's partially a callback to old dispossessed designs, but it's more an evolution of them, like I noticed with past releases like Seraphon weapon and armor designs in stuff like their UW warband before the full release. In particular the style of gem and the square geometric shaft design are different, while the trim is very much like the 8th edition dwarf models.

Also as I said earlier, that's no greataxe, it's too stubby. It could very well be TOW and that wouldn't surprise me but it's a lot more fun to think it something for AoS.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I really hope they don’t. Also they’ve just added an elf to the cities range in the Saviours of Cinderfall box. 

We also have an IDK model added to SCE in Neave's box. Unless we see a split of what is today CoS into an all (or predominantly) human faction that will build up on the Dawnbringers foundations and more cosmopolitan odl cities, I think this is the only direction. That army is still a mess of a soup and in dire need of sorting out. Too many warscrolls and too many Oldhammer kits. 

Sure, I could be wrong, but that's how I read the signs we see at this particular moment in time.

• Like 1