The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Fellman said:

this alone makes me want get my old nighthaunt army back up
image.png.77dcdc986157ad27e12e11857e6518f0.png
so i say fairly significant changes

Hopefully this is a patch until we get a general "fight in two ranks" system next edition. There is really no good reason that not all infantry units should be able to do this.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Marcvs said:

It is of course entirely a matter of preference but the blandness of the SCE battletome (my only faction) is one of the reasons why I didn't enjoy v3 very much. I see the talk about indexes and think "well I have played with an index already for 3 years" (or, as I call it, a stack of warscrolls): a single (real) allegiance ability and subfactions so shallow they only really matter for which battleline option/named character they open up.

End of the sad rant.

hey, don't cry. Lord Relictor at 120 points again, okay?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Probably Adepticon and I would expect to see Dwarfs. No idea if there will be army boxes with rules in though for Orcs or Dwarfs. 

I think the only boxes with rules would be the Bretonian and TK ones. Basically what they showed for O&G is the equivalent.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Probably Adepticon and I would expect to see Dwarfs. No idea if there will be army boxes with rules in though for Orcs or Dwarfs. 

I'm pretty sure they explained they'll get army boxes but no rulebook in them. 

2 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

And I'm just here to quietly celebrate some weapons range increases for FS, NH and SCE ☺

Preach.

Vanquishers should’ve been 2” from the get-go just like all Stormcast Eternals greatswords deserve to be.

Thankfully the Soulsworn already had it for theirs but these celestial behemoth blades that can get a nod from Guts himself never had business being treated like a regular weapon.

Fe6qCZrUYAAKWBT?format=jpg&name=large
steelheart-warband.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Love that Kroxigors got an extra wound, made no sense them being 4 not 5. Was hoping that Saurus would go down in points, imo they should not be the same cost as Chaos Warriors, who are just way better.

Next up, 5 wound Trolls! Make it happen!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fellman said:

this alone makes me want get my old nighthaunt army back up
image.png.77dcdc986157ad27e12e11857e6518f0.png
so i say fairly significant changes

Yep, we're half way there. Now split Bladegheits and Harridans into units of 5, give them two Wounds each, and we're cooking with ectoplasm.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Kroxigor stocks are going up! Who's laughing at me now for buying 8 boxes?!

well if 8 is ever too much... hello 😁

17 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Vanquishers should’ve been 2” from the get-go just like all Stormcast Eternals greatswords deserve to be.

they really should have been, and I'd also like to hear the justification for making their command ONLY work at 10 models!

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Next up, 5 wound Trolls! Make it happen!

"monstrous infantry" being 5W, regular infantry being 2W, and Stormcast infantry being 3W feels like it would work really well. SCE in general feel like they all need +1W for how basic our tome is now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I feel like the dropped a lot of points at the end of the edition to make people feel good. Except for KO players i guess.

The community's sentiment has always been that the KO players should feel bad about themselves.

I should know, I'd been playing them since the first book.

Wow, gamers really will be mad about anything.

i read through this and was honestly really pleased overall. Points reductions across the board, except for stuff the meta chasers were abusing and new stuff that needed tweaking, some balance changes that honestly all make sense to me, more second rank melee.

i considered this update and overall positive, and im especially happy my thunderbellies list just got a whole extra unit of some kind based on the mournfang and butcher reductions.

• Like 1

Just now, Sahrial said:

Wow, gamers really will be mad about anything.

i read through this and was honestly really pleased overall. Points reductions across the board, except for stuff the meta chasers were abusing and new stuff that needed tweaking, some balance changes that honestly all make sense to me, more second rank melee.

i considered this update and overall positive, and im especially happy my thunderbellies list just got a whole extra unit of some kind based on the mournfang and butcher reductions.

I had a look through the skaven faq and just thought to my self, why did they leave the coolest units that mever get played out.

clearly stormvermins should be a min size unit of 20 as well

15 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I had a look through the skaven faq and just thought to my self, why did they leave the coolest units that mever get played out.

clearly stormvermins should be a min size unit of 20 as well

Because Skaven will be getting lots of love very soon is my guess. Stormvermins could be the next best thing XD.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

Are there credible rumors stating whether skaven are getting the 'here's some pretty new models for your existing units' type of overhaul, or the 'here's some entirely new units that obsolete your old units or even kick them to legends outright' type of overhaul?

1 minute ago, Sception said:

Are there credible rumors stating whether skaven are getting the 'here's some pretty new models for your existing units' type of overhaul, or the 'here's some entirely new units that obsolete your old units or even kick them to legends outright' type of overhaul?

We got a like on some wishlists from

whitefang.

In other words no not really

Edited by Skreech Verminking

22 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Because Skaven will be getting lots of love very soon is my guess. Stormvermins could be the next best thing XD.

If Skaven are the focus for the next expansion then it kind of makes sense not to focus on them now. I imagine if they release lovely new…plague monks?… after buffing the old ones then people might get a bit annoyed

1 minute ago, Sception said:

I’ve been struggling to keep track myself, it’s tricky because a like on a list could mean the whole list, could also mean that just part of it. I wonder how much information rumour mongers have access to as well. If you just knew what units were coming for FEC for example, you might think the new crypt guard unit were a replacement for ghouls, not a new unit.

14 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

If Skaven are the focus for the next expansion then it kind of makes sense not to focus on them now. I imagine if they release lovely new…plague monks?… after buffing the old ones then people might get a bit annoyed

I could see that unless of course plague monks would still be available in 20s with the mew boxes.

at that point you’ll likely see more skaven players complaining about the new priced then the buff to the old that may stay with the new ones (we can only hope)