The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

kick in the teeth for no reason.

I'm sure there's a reason. They know a group of fans will not be happy with this and I dont think they're intentionally trying to ****** fans off. Same as when bonesplitterz do the same.ย 

If true, you BoC fans have my sympathy and I truly hope you can find something else in this setting to latch onto.ย 

I wonder if they plan on giving Kruleboyz some of those tasty army rules that BoC have. They have somewhat of an overlapping theme imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Beasts of Chaos are going to become Legends. Very shortly they will not exist in AOS as a supported product as they are integrated fully into Old World.ย 
ย 

Random Lord Of The Rings Hobbit model getting release: Troll with catapult from the Battle Of The Five Armies.ย 

I'm going to agree with everyone else and say this is a very bad decision.ย 

Beasts of chaos are a popular faction. They have an established place in the lore of AoS. We already have factions that are used across game systems. Deamons of Chaos being the prime example.ย 

There is also lots of potential to expand the range in the future.ย 

As others have said I hope this rumour is just missing some info. I'd be ok with them being integrated into slaves to darkness, or reimagined for 4th edition.ย 

If theyย  dump them from AoS to be used in the Old World it's just going to make a lot of people unhappy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

hope you can find something else in this setting to latch onto.ย 

I don't. If GW fails to satisfy its customers I don't hope their customers like something else instead.ย 

I hope GW collects it's excrement into a centralized location.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sception said:

I'm curious how they'd justify this in the narrative

I don't think they need to justify anything. Having Beast models within AoS can easily be done by expanding the 4 mono-god Chaos factions (Blades, Disciples, Hedonites, Maggotkin) with mono-god Beast-like units. Hedonites already have the Slaangors and Disciples have the Tzaangors.ย 

I feel like this move has been signposted for quite some time. I have talked about it a lot and it is clear as day to me that with BoC being one of the Core ToW factions, their models would be repackaged and sold under the ToW banner.ย 

I would also argue the point that Beasts as they currently are in AoS are a "popular" faction. I just do not think that is the case. With Skaven getting a big update and rumours of Chorfs on the horizon, I could see them wanting to cut the fat from the AoS Chaos line.ย 

ย 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I actually don't think it is a bad decision if sales aren't good enough and supporting them as they are is taking potential resources away from exploring new things within AoS. (I say this as someone who owns the entire BoC line)ย 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I don't think they need to justify anything. Having Beast models within AoS can easily be done by expanding the 4 mono-god Chaos factions (Blades, Disciples, Hedonites, Maggotkin) with mono-god Beast-like units. Hedonites already have the Slaangors and Disciples have the Tzaangors.ย 

I feel like this move has been signposted for quite some time. I have talked about it a lot and it is clear as day to me that with BoC being one of the Core ToW factions, their models would be repackaged and sold under the ToW banner.ย 

I would also argue the point that Beasts as they currently are in AoS are a "popular" faction. I just do not think that is the case. With Skaven getting a big update and rumours of Chorf on the horizon, I could see them wanting to cut the fat from the AoS Chaos line.ย 

Judging popularity is always difficult as GW doesn't release details. The only accurate data we have is tournament attendance and Instagram hashtags. Despite having very few new minisย  BoC have had a solid attendance rate throughout the last two editions. Over on Instagram there are more beasts of chaos posts than there are for Ogor Mawtribes.ย 

As for resources, I'd rather see an update for BoC than new Chaos Duardin but admittedly that is down to personal taste.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hollow said:

ย 

I would also argue the point that Beasts as they currently are in AoS are a "popular" faction. I just do not think that is the case.

ย 

With some sadness, I'm inclined to agree with that. I've never even seen a Beasts army in the flesh... I think they're the only faction that I've never played against.ย 

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

With some sadness, I'm inclined to agree with that. I've never even seen a Beasts army in the flesh... I think they're the only faction that I've never played against.ย 

Of course I can't talk about everybody here but the fact they are old and we don't know what happens with them should be a big part of that.

In my local area I was the only Seraphon player for years until they got their update and now there are three more. Same for Cities, no players before, two now.

So while they for sure aren't that popular now, if they got a refresh like Seraphon or Cities that would also for sure change for the better. If they get as big a boost as other factions would get is the actual question.

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Matrindur said:

Of course I can't talk about everybody here but the fact they are old and we don't know what happens with them should be a big part of that.

In my local area I was the only Seraphon player for years until they got their update and now there are three more. Same for Cities, no players before, two now.

So while they for sure aren't that popular now, if they got a refresh like Seraphon or Cities that also for sure change for the better. If they get as big a boost as other factions would get is the other question.

This is true for every army that is neglected. Give it new mini's, attention and etc and the army will become popular. Moving BoC to TOW allows a new army slot for AoS where GW can go wild with.

ย 

25 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Judging popularity is always difficult as GW doesn't release details. The only accurate data we have is tournament attendance and Instagram hashtags. Despite having very few new minisย  BoC have had a solid attendance rate throughout the last two editions. Over on Instagram there are more beasts of chaos posts than there are for Ogor Mawtribes.ย 

As for resources, I'd rather see an update for BoC than new Chaos Duardin but admittedly that is down to personal taste.ย 

I think this is a classic GW problem. Bad sales due to bad support, or bad support due to bad sales?

A quick look shows BoC has like 3 kits that are not online only at the moment and 1 of those are Tzeentch. Are most of the models even still sold at all? Dont know enough about our beast friends.ย 

If BoC get squated within the era of the beast it would be a massive kick in the ........

Edit: I have to agree that BoC are spread very thin at the moment between all the chaos books. Maybe they will be a subfaction in the future of S2D? I feel like S2D needs an overhaul with all the warband clutter and ToW overlap.

Edited by Gitzdee

7 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Beasts of Chaos are going to become Legends. Very shortly they will not exist in AOS as a supported product as they are integrated fully into Old World.ย 
ย 

Random Lord Of The Rings Hobbit model getting release: Troll with catapult from the Battle Of The Five Armies.ย 

That's *crazy.* Not thrilled about that prospect at allย 

That's rough if true.ย 

On the other hand, if they never seemed to fare right in AoS, maybe they will feel more at home in ToW, and on the AoS side, we will still be able to pick new thing in the first to play as count as.ย 

About the popularity question, I don't have a clue about how well the beasts are doing, but I know that some armies are inherently less popular than others, no matter how well they are rounded on the mini side. To take an exemple in 40k, Genestealer Cults (my main and favorite army there), having more or less as many new shinies as let's say Battle Sisters or Votann (and being rather competitive) are still immensely less popular than them. It's not because they don't have new minis, it's because freakish mutated hobos that get eatens by their gods will never have as much appeal as Spaces Joan of Arc in power armor or as space dwarfs. It's harsh, but I can live with it.ย 

And I guess the same could be said about Beasts of Chaos : maybe they just don't have the potential, and need the nostalgia of ToW players to be in a good place.

ย 

Edited by Swamp Trogg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A new purge would not help AoS. I get that TOW is still hot and throwing stuff there is like printing money. But removing factions that people invested, that's not the right move.

Exactly. Why are they so scared of having the same faction in both settings?

ย 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A new purge would not help AoS. I get that TOW is still hot and throwing stuff there is like printing money. But removing factions that people invested, that's not the right move.

I wouldnt put it past GW to make this move though. My O&G got split up with the start of AoS and after AoS 1st edition half my army got squated. Now it seems like GW is busy squating models again with Wanderers and some other CoS units. They are showing us that even after all these years our models arent necessarily safe from the chopping block. I fear for my Spiderfang subfaction to this day (and some lesser extent Bonesplitterz/Ogors).

Edited by Gitzdee
Words are difficult

This is kind of what happens when rumours are thin on the ground, the rumour thread starts looking around for AoS ranges to cut or squat. Whether itโ€™s orcs or beatmen or dwarfs, itโ€™s a weird learned behaviour that often reflects the users more than GW. Half trying to read tea leaves, half a strange anxiety about ranges โ€˜not fittingโ€™.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Beasts of chaos are a popular faction. They have an established place in the lore of AoS. We already have factions that are used across game systems. Deamons of Chaos being the prime example.ย 

There is also lots of potential to expand the range in the future.ย 

As others have said I hope this rumour is just missing some info. I'd be ok with them being integrated into slaves to darkness, or reimagined for 4th edition.ย 

If theyย  dump them from AoS to be used in the Old World it's just going to make a lot of people unhappy.

And even worse, it would exacerbate the rivalry between both games.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

ย 

ย 

As BoC uses the same WHFB minis it is easy to see it as a popular army. Old players just had to rebase it and they had a complete army that could participate in tournaments, but that popularity doesn't need to be translated into sales, which is IMO the data checked by GW.

What do you all mean Beasts of Chaos are not popular?!

They had an entire Beast Lord released!!

You're telling me one new miniature release won't boost sales of the faction as a whole?

Hate being a Debby downer but stuff like this irks me so much. Same reason I hated seeing Fantasy being axed. Sorry to all BoC fans. Love their faction, aesthetic, lore and it's such a shame to see them leave a system.

• Like 1