The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

Maybe it's time they start planning those narrative campaigns as something to span the whole edition, with books being released every six months, and not as a rush-to-the-finish-line effort to shoehorn into ever-shifting schedules right at the end of edition...

Personally as someone who puts Models and Narrative far above anything else in the hobby I would love more Narrative books throughout the Edition. It would also help Blacl Library in being able to reference or even place characters on those battlefields to help create a more 'Lived In' world.

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Dawnbringer Chronicle, this time, Skaven.

OsoTIJYrnEebyg6l.jpg

Maybe a heavily armoured Warlock model will be coming with Dawnbringers?

"Then a thud echoed. Katchrikk’s glee choked. Another heavy impact saw the smoke ripple. A hulking shape stomped into view at the lip of the spire’s savaged gash – a figure entombed in a walking, gun-studded coffin of green-tinged metal.

"A keening, whirring din rang out. Ignoring Zzzit’s scream, Katchrikk raced to arm the spare warhead, as the generator mounted to Queelum’s armour roared  – providing him the strength needed for the other Warlock to heft a ratling gun single-handedly, its barrels whirring and keening to life."

@Skreech Verminking @Garrac LETS SQUEEEEEWAAAAAK!!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Dawnbringer Chronicle, this time, Skaven.

OsoTIJYrnEebyg6l.jpg

Maybe a heavily armoured Warlock model will be coming with Dawnbringers?

"Then a thud echoed. Katchrikk’s glee choked. Another heavy impact saw the smoke ripple. A hulking shape stomped into view at the lip of the spire’s savaged gash – a figure entombed in a walking, gun-studded coffin of green-tinged metal.

"A keening, whirring din rang out. Ignoring Zzzit’s scream, Katchrikk raced to arm the spare warhead, as the generator mounted to Queelum’s armour roared  – providing him the strength needed for the other Warlock to heft a ratling gun single-handedly, its barrels whirring and keening to life."

Sounds really fun - Skryre/Gaskitt style Army of Renown inbound with a rokkit warlock, some bombardiers and that Dreadgnaw-t warlock perhaps?

6 hours ago, lele said:

i think someone will drive on that spider

You just seemed adamant that it would be S2D, which I don't think it would be, I think it'll be GSG :)

5 hours ago, Pizzaprez said:

It would be an extremely fun way to put a nail in the "spiderfang and savage orruks are on the chopping block!" speculation by putting out a big new character

Actually, with how identical that looks to the Arachanok, I almost wonder if they couldnt make an add-on sprue like King Brodd for a big new Spiderfang character?

That would be cool yeah - or just as cool would be a sentient Arachnarok with some cool gubbins. Like shelob, but gitzy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

That would be cool yeah - or just as cool would be a sentient Arachnarok with some cool gubbins. Like shelob, but gitzy

Oh man a spider that buffs other spiders could be really cool: a squig-adjacent situation where it's really the spiders that are the leaders and the grots are just along for the ride! A spider-prophet? Exalted spider? i'd love to see what they came up with!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Sounds really fun - Skryre/Gaskitt style Army of Renown inbound with a rokkit warlock, some bombardiers and that Dreadgnaw-t warlock perhaps?

You just seemed adamant that it would be S2D, which I don't think it would be, I think it'll be GSG :)

Maybe a nice way to reuse the rumoured Spider Incarnate model?

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

I am starting to like this Bonesplitterz Spiderfang combo. I think it could also make a lot of sense if they want to. The reasons why Spiderfang are hanging out with Gloomspite are very thin at best and can be rewritten easily imho. Its mostly just being allies. 

I think Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang have much more in common. Spiderfang are know to have shamans who use Arachnarok bones. So do the Bonesplitterz. Both also heavily rely on beasts or draw power from them. Both get drunk/frenzy in waaagh power or spidervenom. Both like fast mounted units. Bonesplitterz can use some behemoths and Spiderfang can use some staying power. Copied some stuff from lexicanum here:

"Grots go to their bone-filled pit full of offerings and summon the living incarnations of their deity, the Arachnarok spiders."

This bit is about Bonesplitterz:

"Amberbone is sought by shamans and ambermantic sages for its ability to empower spells that transform casters into beasts, primal predatory versions of themselves or to unleash their hidden savagery."

Please give me this animalistic/ primal/ frenzied greenskinz.

Dont know what to call this army yet. But i might just build this army even if it isnt happening from GW.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I am starting to like this Bonesplitterz Spiderfang combo. I think it could also make a lot of sense if they want to. The reasons why Spiderfang are hanging out with Gloomspite are very thin at best and can be rewritten easily imho. Its mostly just being allies. 

I think Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang have much more in common. Spiderfang are know to have shamans who use Arachnarok bones. So do the Bonesplitterz. Both also heavily rely on beasts or draw power from them. Both get drunk/frenzy in waaagh power or spidervenom. Both like fast mounted units. Bonesplitterz can use some behemoths and Spiderfang can use some staying power. Copied some stuff from lexicanum here:

"Grots go to their bone-filled pit full of offerings and summon the living incarnations of their deity, the Arachnarok spiders."

"Amberbone is sought by shamans and ambermantic sages for its ability to empower spells that transform casters into beasts, primal predatory versions of themselves or to unleash their hidden savagery."

Dont know what to call this army yet. But i might just build this army even if it isnt happening from GW.

The Wild Waaagh or soething like that, the wereboar orks would be really awesome, but they sadly abandoned the idea of transforming units like old Morathi

55 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Arachnarok,,, bones?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's good to see that the "bonespliters getting squated" rumor is not taken seriously anymore.

As for the Spiderfangs personally, I am more curious as to what they would look like if they got new models, assuming GeeDubs decided to retire their native American look.

Edited by DD-Lord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DD-Lord said:

It's good to see that the "bonespliters getting squated" rumor is not taken seriously anymore.

As for the Spiderfangs personally, I am more curious as to what they would look like if they got new models, assuming GeeDubs decided to retire their native American look.

They will look same as night goblins, and will probably expand to more different cratures to ride, centiepides for example, different bugs are used pretty often across the updated GG range, so it could be a tie feature

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

This is the second time we get a Dawnbringers short focused on Skavens. Deffo with the Chaos book (presumably the 6th one) we would get a new Skaven hero.

If I remember correctly, we were told that we would get miniatures for "more than 12 factions". It would be fitting to give the last miniature, and 13th (more than a dozen) to the Skaven

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

56 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

There are blanche concepts around for the gloomspite gitz. And the Spider elements are more in line with the rest of the range, spidersquigs/squigspiders instead of normal spiders, this actually goes back to their roots as thats what they used to be ( also lots of scutlings  style goblin/spider crossovers. ) 

Concepts being in the open likely equally means they are not coming in that form. But you'd never know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gothicpunk.tumblr.com/post/182732496880/gloomspite-gits-concepts-for-age-of-sigmar-sneaky/amp

Edited by TheMawr
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

I don’t remember there being anything about the Ghyran crusade failing or succeeding in the lore video? 

One is supposed to succeed and one is supposed to fail.  Are you going to bet money gw is going to let the ghyran crusades beat the shiny new centerpiece model that is releasing with the book.

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

There are blanche concepts around for the gloomspite gitz. And the Spider elements are more in line with the rest of the range, spidersquigs/squigspiders instead of normal spiders, this actually goes back to their roots as thats what they used to be ( also lots of scutlings  style goblin/spider crossovers. ) 

Concepts being in the open likely equally means they are not coming in that form. But you'd never know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gothicpunk.tumblr.com/post/182732496880/gloomspite-gits-concepts-for-age-of-sigmar-sneaky/amp

Those concepts are freaking brilliant. They remind me somewhat of Quentin Blake's illustrations for Roald Dahl books! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flying_dutchman said:

One is supposed to succeed and one is supposed to fail.  Are you going to bet money gw is going to let the ghyran crusades beat the shiny new centerpiece model that is releasing with the book.

Yes. Based on the video, we know Ushoran has other things going on. 

1 hour ago, flying_dutchman said:

We already have spoilers on that though, and it seems

Spoiler

that big U just uses the crusade as a tool for his own ambitions (gets them to remove the OBR keeping him locked in, and gives him an excuse to attack his Lahmian minders)

So it's not like he's making a directed effort to wipe them out. Also the preview for Book 5 says they are saved in some capacity by the Croneseer so it's not over for them yet.

9 minutes ago, madmac said:

We already have spoilers on that though, and it seems

Hide contents

that big U just uses the crusade as a tool for his own ambitions (gets them to remove the OBR keeping him locked in, and gives him an excuse to attack his Lahmian minders)

So it's not like he's making a directed effort to wipe them out. Also the preview for Book 5 says they are saved in some capacity by the Croneseer so it's not over for them yet.

I still find it weird that Katakros never threw down with Ushoran. You’d assume Nagash’s left-hand man would’ve at least tried to off one of Nagash’s greatest enemies, or at least put hundreds of Archai on patrol in the area around New Summercourt in case he tried to escape. 

8 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I still find it weird that Katakros never threw down with Ushoran. You’d assume Nagash’s left-hand man would’ve at least tried to off one of Nagash’s greatest enemies, or at least put hundreds of Archai on patrol in the area around New Summercourt in case he tried to escape. 

Katakros is all holed up in his endless war in the Eightpoints and Nagash himself wanted Ushoran to be alive.