The Rumour Thread

50 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Maybe we have another case of "RE revealed the same week as it appeared" syndrome for Water Temple?
Anyway, saw some people doing guesses for Friday reveals, so...

Hide contents

• Ork character
  • Custodes character
  • Kroot teaser?

Kill Team

• Dark Eldar Mandrakes (Monday teaser)

HH

• Solar Auxilia

AoS

• Morghast hero
  • Callis and Toll
  • Flagellants with Callis and Toll in Dawnbringer box (I want to believe!)
  • First mini for book 5 (mounted Darkoath?)

Warcry

• Lumineth Water Temple

Underworlds

• Cities Tomb Robbers (no Cities bias here)

I was thinking the same. Lately, we've had some RE being solved the same week during a preview. But I don't see Idoneths fitting with the preview, so if that's the case they have to be Lumineths.

54 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Flagellants with Callis and Toll in Dawnbringer box (I want to believe!)

I've seen a few guesses pointing to Callis and Toll, and I would say no initially as it is not "an order" book, but now a thought has come to my mind. Callis and Toll battle against someone that drank Ushoran's wine during a WD, so maybe.... (no for the flagellant's bit).

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Luperci said:

The underworlds warband is pretty much confirmed to be soulblight iirc. Rest of it checks out(apart from flagellants) but I'd like to see the warcry nighthaunt too

Where has been confirmed to be SBGL?

Totally not Mandrakes.

Personally, I'm preparing myself to keep my AoS expectations for LVO as low as possible. That way, I won't be dissapointed. The centerpiece reveal of LVO is likely to be Solar Auxilia (but it could also be the new Legion command squad), we're at least getting a hero and 2 Warcry bands, I'm ok with that.

12 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I wholeheartedly agree... but is there really as much profit to be made in exploring the background as there is in the models? I can't see there being so much clamour to buy a dedicated book of lore compared to a really swish new miniature. 

I might be wrong. In fact, I'd love to be wrong. 

I really don't see why not. Infact, I think it would be cool if Black Library branched out and did more exposition and lore based books in collaboration with established fantasy artists and writers (rather than just focusing on novels)

This is an off topic tangent so I will leave it for now, although if GW/BL were to release a series of 9 super ornate fantasy style tombs detailing the realms I would be more than happy to fork out a bunch of cash for them and I suspect I wouldn't be the only one. Imagine a 9 book series in a similar vein  to what I just knocked up using Bing Image creator below. It would be so sweet. Drools* 

AoS Realm Tombs.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 10

48 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

image.png.94a5b869fb32a1990d80dc0af0878bc7.png

This is 40k right? Seems like Eldar? or is it more Lumineth? 

Lumineth for sure. That's the same headcrest as we saw in the AoS new years teaser. Also worth remembering that only the temple units for LRL have animal crests on their helmets.

13 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I really don't see why not. Infact, I think it would be cool if Black Library branched out and did more exposition and lore based books in collaboration with established fantasy artists and writers (rather than just focusing on novels)

This is an off topic tangent so I will leave it for now, although if GW/BL were to release a series of 9 super ornate fantasy style tombs detailing the realms I would be more than happy to fork out a bunch of cash for them and I suspect I wouldn't be the only one. Imagine a 9 book series in a similar vein  to what I just knocked up using Bing Image creator below. It would be so sweet. Drools* 

AoS Realm Tombs.jpg

The only problem with those sweet-looking books is that all of them would be purchased by resellers like the last book from the HH series. So I am not sure if I want them released or not xD

48 minutes ago, Hollow said:

AoS Realm Tombs.jpg

I'd love to see some AOS source nooks.  Iirc whfb have a few with the liver series and witch hunters handbooks (released no too long ago) and 40k had the imperial guard infantryman's primer

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

aguphaxrd0ja1-1.jpg

i dont know who made this but hurts me since it is sooo true, i always call my poor idoneths the forgotten army, since they are the only propper aos army that dont got absolutly anything in his like 6 years released ( only the mandatory foot hero in 3.0).

and they are the only aos army without a tome for a whole edittion

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

i dont know how made this but hurts me since it is sooo true, i always call my poor idoneths the forgotten army, since they are the only propper aos army that dont got absolutly anything in his like 6 years released ( only the mandatory foot hero in 3.0).

and they are the only aos army without a tome for a whole edittion

I made it specifically to hurt you!
🤘😎🤘

Edited by MitGas
Just kidding obv
  • Haha 2