The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Boytoy said:

glad i won't be needing any models for old world! those prices are nuts

4 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah some of the metal models are quit expensive.

the plastic once although seem to be skightly cheaper them the aos ones 

Yeah, it's expensive when you have to start from scratch. My plan for my army is to buy the new characters I like and 3d print the rest of my army. I just need to have the newer mini's so I can scale the rest of my army to it.

Still for AoS players there are some opportunities to get some good deals. Certainly the Soulblight players that want a more of an egyptian theme to fit with i.e the Legion of Blood and the beautiful snake lady.

I.e The Soulblight Grave Guard from 2008 set is 42,5 euro for 10 miniatures. While the Tomb Guard (released 2011) is 62,5 euro for  20 miniatures. When you compare it with 5 Vanari Bladelords which cost 50 euro you can only conclude that being a GW hobbyist is expensive. It doesn't matter what GW game.

Certainly when you compare it with historicals. I paint also historicals and I pay for 36 figures like the mini's in the pic 42,95 euro. GW is just very expensive.

image.png.4a2eaf6e4c3605d3e13bfbf9fd7d835d.png

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, it's expensive when you have to start from scratch. My plan for my army is to buy the new characters I like and 3d print the rest of my army. I just need to have the newer mini's so I can scale the rest of my army to it.

Still for AoS players there are some opportunities to get some good deals. Certainly the Soulblight players that want a more of an egyptian theme to fit with i.e the Legion of Blood and the beautiful snake lady.

I.e The Soulblight Grave Guard from 2008 set is 42,5 euro for 10 miniatures. While the Tomb Guard (released 2011) is 62,5 euro for  20 miniatures. When you compare it with 5 Vanari Bladelords which cost 50 euro you can only conclude that being a GW hobbyist is expensive. It doesn't matter what GW game.

Certainly when you compare it with historicals. I paint also historicals and I pay for 36 figures like the mini's in the pic 42,95 euro. GW is just very expensive.

If I was going to start with the old world I'd definitely try to find some of those 3D prints of game models from TW:W, I've seen a few around painted up and they look so good 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danaork said:

a possibility to have new factions during the coming edition ?

Hoping for chaos duardin, I think an aelf centric campaign narrative with malerion vs tyrion for the end of edition would be awesome too. That being said I hope malerion and his aelves share a battletome with DoK just because we already have a lot of aelf and order battletomes. I don't think drogrukh as their own faction are coming any time soon if at all.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Luperci said:

If I was going to start with the old world I'd definitely try to find some of those 3D prints of game models from TW:W, I've seen a few around painted up and they look so good 

Yeah, he copied some great Chaos ones, but for real good fantasy stls I can recommed Last Sword Miniatures and Highland miniatures. My personal preference is Last Sword Miniatures. Their High Elves are mindblowing.

image.png.a4d3455bcf273e00218b097128ce5932.pngimage.png.4c4848d74e64b5bdb34e101225c526af.png

12 minutes ago, Danaork said:

a possibility to have new factions during the coming edition ?

Hopefully finally the Malarion faction and Tyrion faction. 🙂

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

The models are indeed expensive and AoS ones come with smaller numbers, but you also need fewer minis in your army. Even with that, I would go for the 5 Vanari rather than 20 Tomb Guards, but that's subjective based on the model's sculpt.

We have to celebrate that we have more options now because we all know this won't be a cheap hobby.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The models are indeed expensive and AoS ones come with smaller numbers, but you also need fewer minis in your army. Even with that, I would go for the 5 Vanari rather than 20 Tomb Guards, but that's subjective based on the model's sculpt.

We have to celebrate that we have more options now because we all know this won't be a cheap hobby.

I don't know about smaller numbers. I collect two AoS armies StD and CoS. When I start on my Bretonnian army, I don't know if the actual numbers of mini's will be much more than my CoS army. It depends on your army and your battline choices. Our group plays 2000 point AoS battles. The CoS army I am working on will have two reinforced units of Steelhelms. So I am not certain if the actual numbers of 2000 point battles for both systems will be so different.

I.e WoC and StD or BoK, If you chose marauders / warcry warbands or blood reavers you need a huge amount of mini's on the battlefield.

Anyway my 2024 plan is to start finally a painting blog for my AoS and TOW stuff and than we will see how big the difference is in the amount of mini's needed. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 12:52 PM, KingBrodd said:

I cant wait for @Skreech Verminking and @Garrac to get their Skaven updates in 4.0 Yes-Yes!! The joy I felt at the Sons reveal was immense and hope it surpases that for you!!

Lol, I come very late, but yes, itd ver joyful indeed. Alltho, Im waiting for a camera potato to start saving money...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

I don't know about smaller numbers. I collect two AoS armies StD and CoS. When I start on my Bretonnian army, I don't know if the actual numbers of mini's will be much more than my CoS army. It depends on your army and your battline choices. Our group plays 2000 point AoS battles. The CoS army I am working on will have two reinforced units of Steelhelms. So I am not certain if the actual numbers of 2000 point battles for both systems will be so different.

I.e WoC and StD or BoK, If you chose marauders / warcry warbands or blood reavers you need a huge amount of mini's on the battlefield.

Anyway my 2024 plan is to start finally a painting blog for my AoS and TOW stuff and than we will see how big the difference is in the amount of mini's needed. 🙂 

I think I saw the two army boxes (Bretonnia and TK) are like 1250 points? I think TOW will definitely be larger numbers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Hopefully finally the Malarion faction and Tyrion faction. 🙂

I don’t know how I’d handle finally seeing Tyrion and Malerion in their God Form. Both are such important Figures in Warhammer Lore. So curious to see what kind of Mount Tyrion will be given, and Even more curious to see What they do with Malerion - an Enigma nearly 10 years old now. Given the quality Teclis, Ushoran and Alarielle, I’m sure these will be phenomenal. 

Apart from Tyrion, Malerion, Kurnoth and Morghur are there any other big names in lore still waiting for their debut? 

I suppose I could add Grombrindal in there as some form of Avatar/Unifier of the Duardin as I doubt will ever see the Ancestral Gods of the Duardin in miniature form.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I don’t know how I’d handle finally seeing Tyrion and Malerion in their God Form. Both are such important Figures in Warhammer Lore. So curious to see what kind of Mount Tyrion will be given, and Even more curious to see What they do with Malerion - an Enigma nearly 10 years old now. Given the quality Teclis, Ushoran and Alarielle, I’m sure these will be phenomenal. 

Apart from Tyrion, Malerion, Kurnoth and Morghur are there any other big names in lore still waiting for their debut? 

I suppose I could add Grombrindal in there as some form of Avatar/Unifier of the Duardin as I doubt will ever see the Ancestral Gods of the Duardin in miniature form.

I mean, at least Grungni is both 100% alive and active in the realms. Could see him leading his own Lumineth style "classic" duardin faction if Dispossessed ever leave Cities.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I can definitely see Grombrindal happening as Avatar of Grungni or playable in all Duardin armies, but not as unifier.

I can definitely see Grimnir reforged (on Vulcatrix) happening too when the time is right. Or Gotrek in his Avatar form for Fyreslayers.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I can definitely see Grombrindal happening as Avatar of Grungni or playable in all Duardin armies, but not as unifier.

I can definitely see Grimnir reforged (on Vulcatrix) happening too when the time is right. Or Gotrek in his Avatar form for Fyreslayers.

I'd prefer Grombrindal and/or Grimnir to a committed Fyreslayer Gotrek, honestly. I think Gotrek is just too iconic as an 'Old World Slayer' at this point. 

I'm a big proponent of Grombrindal getting a big, multi-part kit which lets him be built up for the three different Duardin armies. I know some people would prefer to get army-specific characters, but he's just such an iconic character at this point and it feels fitting with his stories. Also a good way of netting one new kit for three different armies at once.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

Having a look through the Beasts Of Chaos section of Warhammer.com, I really think (and hope) that Beasts are on the slate for an AoS 4.0 complete overhaul. Almost the entire range is from The Old World and with Beastmen listed as one of the 9 core ToW factions, I could see see them being "removed" from the AoS line-up only to reappear in a large Army Box (My guess is alongside Wood Elves) for ToW. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Hollow said:

Having a look through the Beasts Of Chaos section of Warhammer.com, I really think (and hope) that Beasts are on the slate for an AoS 4.0 complete overhaul. Almost the entire range is from The Old World and with Beastmen listed as one of the 9 core ToW factions, I could see see them being "removed" from the AoS line-up only to reappear in a large Army Box (My guess is alongside Wood Elves

I wouldn't worry too much about Beasts, since they have already gotten some AoS team designed stuff (scenery, endless spells, Beastlord). Dispossessed and the Steam Tank are also staying (for now) in Cities while also being used for Old World.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Having a look through the Beasts Of Chaos section of Warhammer.com, I really think (and hope) that Beasts are on the slate for an AoS 4.0 complete overhaul. Almost the entire range is from The Old World and with Beastmen listed as one of the 9 core ToW factions, I could see see them being "removed" from the AoS line-up only to reappear in a large Army Box (My guess is alongside Wood Elves

It isn't part of the rumoured next 4 armies, so there's plenty of time for that AoS rework to happen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd prefer Grombrindal and/or Grimnir to a committed Fyreslayer Gotrek, honestly. I think Gotrek is just too iconic as an 'Old World Slayer' at this point. 

100% agree. A "mercenary" Gotrek feels better

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm a big proponent of Grombrindal getting a big, multi-part kit which lets him be built up for the three different Duardin armies. I know some people would prefer to get army-specific characters, but he's just such an iconic character at this point and it feels fitting with his stories. Also a good way of netting one new kit for three different armies at once.

For me it depends. The master rune has tied Gotrek to Grimnir and to FS kind of irreversibly as it stands now. It would be super weird to have the guy walking around with the strongest piece of Ur-Gold that allows Grimnir to talk to people around Gotrek as well not to be his avatar.

And I don't mean only tying him to FS, but another model of his avatar form specifically for FS. I would prefer Grimnir as well, but how Gotrek currently is still has FS lore in a stranglehold. Gotrek cannot survive the Mortal Realms without the master rune, but FS cannot revive Grimnir with his most powerful fragment tied to Gotrek. As long as Gotrek remains tied to THE FS rune, you can't keep him separate from FS.

Grombrindal is a decent character for sure, but not a substitute for actual AoS based named characters from each faction. Bael-Grimnir (or his daughter) deserves a model.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm a big proponent of Grombrindal getting a big, multi-part kit which lets him be built up for the three different Duardin armies. 

I personally wouldn't count dispossessed as its own duardin army, not only is it a small part of CoS but its future also uncertain. Broken realms did seem to set up the return of grungni in a similar way to how you'd envision a grombrindal kit, but it's kinda weird that hasn't gone anywhere this edition really. I'd love to see a Grungni kit similar to katakros or the gobbapalooza with the six smiths. GW could then sell the kit to ally with stormcast, CoS, KO or FS.

3 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I personally wouldn't count dispossessed as its own duardin army, not only is it a small part of CoS but its future also uncertain. Broken realms did seem to set up the return of grungni in a similar way to how you'd envision a grombrindal kit, but it's kinda weird that hasn't gone anywhere this edition really. I'd love to see a Grungni kit similar to katakros or the gobbapalooza with the six smiths. GW could then sell the kit to ally with stormcast, CoS, KO or FS.

I think the same, but I also saw a lot of ppl complaining about CoS turning into the Imperium with only humans, so I see that in 4-5 years these complains could take effect and we would see a wave of aelves and duardins.

• Like 1

I actually feel a little odd about any of the Gods being locked to a specific faction, as I feel like they are representatives of their Grand Alliances with their armies being cults focused on their worship. This is only a real issue with Order at the moment as Kragonos and Nagash are useable across various armies within their Alliance. Alarielle leading a force of atheistic Kharadron in hopes of preserving life and showing that nature has more power than any machine feels like a cool narrative idea. 

I am fine if we never see this idea implemented but I just feel like the manner in which AOS follows many traditional polytheistic myths it would make sense for the Gods to become more involved in each others followers. Like how many Gods got involved in the Trojan War or the Kurukshetra War.