The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

image.png.bd7810590b6d29f9a1740eff0f932b84.png

Advent Engine is up (despite not appearing anywhere).

Thinking this has to do with the Nighthaunt(?) hand pouring something and maybe the chemistry set. Maybe a strangely clean Nurgle thing to go with the book I guess.

That skull looks like a Bladegheist Revenant helmet/head.

9 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Thinking this has to do with the Nighthaunt(?) hand pouring something and maybe the chemistry set. Maybe a strangely clean Nurgle thing to go with the book I guess.

On the Twenty third day of Christmas, GW previewed me:
Twenty Three Poisons Brewing
Twenty Two Demonic Engines
Twenty 0ne Kurnothi Darkoath
Twenty Vigilors Vibing

Nineteen Lab Rat's Labs 

Eighteen Monstrous French Kisses 
Seventeen Kurnoth Kicking
Sixteen 'Chemists' 'Cooking'
Fifteen Vampirate Banners
Fourteen Bolters Bolting
Thirteen Holy Hand-grenades 
Twelve Krule Kudgels 
Eleven Astartes Scabbards 

Ten Ossiarch Boneclaws
Nine Nighthaunt Vaping
Eight Servo Calculators
Seven Grotbags Scuttling
Six Sickly Casters
FIVE KURNOTH ANTLERS
Four Fuzzy Cloaks
Three finecast miners
Two undead helmsmen and
A parrot on a Vampire

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Lot of RE's working the poisoner angle at this point, and the clean gothic styling points away from Nurgle or Skaven to me, while the hands rule out humans. I'm going to put the clues together and say NH Warcry Warband for the next boxset with a poisoner theme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

The 3 year cycle has been happening for ages, long before HH came along. 

It used to be a 4 year cycle back when warhammer fantasy was around the first time. 

I doubt it will go back to a 4 year cycle, there is to much money to be made. 

I'm happy with a 3 year cycle, it keeps things fresh. 

I really don't think there should be an edition cycle at all, not that current edition aos is perfect but I'd rather GW not just change the core rules for the sake of it every 3 years. Sell a new big fancy box every 3 years sure but you don't have to rewrite the game so often

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

36 minutes ago, madmac said:

Lot of RE's working the poisoner angle at this point, and the clean gothic styling points away from Nurgle or Skaven to me, while the hands rule out humans. I'm going to put the clues together and say NH Warcry Warband for the next boxset with a poisoner theme.

Poisoner nighthaunt could definitely work with the ghur-ish theme that warcry has been following, I'm imagining them as a unit of excruciators crossed with glaivewraith stalker animal skull heads

45 minutes ago, madmac said:

Something about ghosts collecting poisons from the forests fighting against Kurnothi sounds cool to me.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I really don't think there should be an edition cycle at all, not that current edition aos is perfect but I'd rather GW not just change the core rules for the sake of it every 3 years. Sell a new big fancy box every 3 years sure but you don't have to rewrite the game so often

To be fair, every new edition of AoS has refined the rules not completely changed them for the sake of it. 

We'll have to see what 4th edition brings but change can be good otherwise the game stagnates and get stale. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

I have the feeling this is some sort of Horror that has 2 arms next to each other. Like 2 left arms and on the right side we would have this:

Zj4fScO3QYXzdwbY.png

Obviously, it could be all because of the way the image is pictured.

Sadly just one advent calendar imag

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I hate this so much. It feels like a tax.

But new lore, new art... I like it! And it is not that much actually. Even worst. For some armies they are almost the only thing that has to be bought for the whole edition.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I have the feeling this is some sort of Horror that has 2 arms next to each other. Like 2 left arms and on the right side we would have this:

Zj4fScO3QYXzdwbY.png

Obviously, it could be all because of the way the image is pictured.

Sadly just one advent calendar imag

Pretty sure that’s an upside down left arm. And you can see a sleeve - do horrors wear clothes?

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

But new lore, new art... I like it! And it is not that much actually. Even worst. Some armies are almost the only thing that has to be bought for the whole edition.

I rather get stuff like Dawnbringers or Season of War. That way i dont have to buy a bunch of tomes for a little lore section update of every army i own. I rather read about something actually happening in the mortal realms. Rules get invalidated/updated/faq in a few days anyway.

I think this RE is some daemon for Tzeentch. Could be part of the next Dawnbringer book with the lady of ruin. Also fits the multiple arms and ghost clouds.

image.png.ba944e038e392bf6f53b129fcd1054f1.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 5

I really hate the new edition grind. Its much less of a problem in AoS, but it caused me to leave 40K forever. In AoS at least there seems to be a constant drive toward refining and improving the rules with each edition. 40ks new editions just seem like pointless changes every few years, just to sell is the same stuff over and over.

It also seems disingenuous to me to keep endlessly doing new editions. If the point of a new edition is to improve the game by fixing problems, then why do we need a new one every 3 years? Didn't you fix the problems? If not, what are you doing?

Personally, I'd much rather see much longer editions. I know people say "new editions keep the game fresh", but there are plenty of ways to do that without restarting the rules and army book cycle every 3 years. Honestly, its an awful cycle and I'm really tired of it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

To be fair, every new edition of AoS has refined the rules not completely changed them for the sake of it. 

We'll have to see what 4th edition brings but change can be good otherwise the game stagnates and get stale. 

This is my biggest hope. I hope we don't get the 40k 10th edition treatment.

If that happens, I feel like I might as well just jump into old world instead. 

6 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

This is my biggest hope. I hope we don't get the 40k 10th edition treatment.

If that happens, I feel like I might as well just jump into old world instead. 

Well, TOW would have new editions at some point as well. Maybe it would just take them longer?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I rather get stuff like Dawnbringers or Season of War. That way i dont have to buy a bunch of tomes for a little lore section update of every army i own. I rather read about something actually happening in the mortal realms. Rules get invalidated/updated/faq in a few days anyway.

I think this RE is some daemon for Tzeentch. Could be part of the next Dawnbringer book with the lady of ruin. Also fits the multiple arms and ghost clouds.

image.png.ba944e038e392bf6f53b129fcd1054f1.png

Well, ACKCHYUALLY, Tzeentch daemons still have nails on their fingers 💅 and Nighthaunt don't.

I guess this one is either another three-armed hero like Scriptor Mortis or a Warcry band.

Polish_20231223_224416541.jpg

Edited by Sarges
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3