The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about Skavens, I just got this picture from a rumour about the new ed box:

image.png.cbd574675152ba583f755ad21a4a7273.png

That doesn't seem like a lot of skaven to me? Eshin would be a good pick though as well as new rat Ogres..Might be able to tempt my old gaming buddy back in with this- he always ran Skaven against my dwarfs..

1 hour ago, mawhis117 said:

Are there any Beasts of Chaos rumours at all?

I still believe Beasts will be phased out and moved entirely to Old World, but it would devastate me.  They just have so little narrative presence in the setting.  I wish someone at GW would show them the love they deserve.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

The last "and a unit of 10 Rats" are Clan Rats to me, but that bit is quite vague.

Perhaps they're not Clanrats, but new Giant Rat models? That would make more sense than replacing the current Clanrat sculpts, and we could certainly use new Giant Rats.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YoghurtKobold said:

When are we expecting the 4th edition starter? Summer?

And btw. are we expecting anything for the Kharadron?

There are some rumour engines that could be Kharadron, but nothing really rumoured yet.

As for Duardin in general, FS are likely to get expanded either during Dawnbringers or 4th edition. Drekki Flynt is getting a second novel and it looks like he'll actually continue to get more books afterwards. Gotrek is getting a new short story. A Grombrindal model is inevitable, maybe when the second set of White Dwarf stories gets made into a book as well. There have been Chaos Duardin rumours for ages now, but nothing substantial yet.

• Like 5

Where does the starting box leak come from? 

2x10 battleline for SCE seems a lot and have never been seen before in a starting box. I don't thing GW will make a SCE part with nearly 3/4 of it filled with the same unit (man it will be 20 minis out of 26, that's too much) 

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I still believe Beasts will be phased out and moved entirely to Old World, but it would devastate me.  They just have so little narrative presence in the setting.  I wish someone at GW would show them the love they deserve.

I really don't think Beasts are going to be removed any time soon. The Morghur setup has been pretty prominently featured during the Lifequake.

I just think they can't refresh entire outdated WFB ranges at the same time. First it was Soulblight, Slaves, Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar, now Flesh-Eaters, and with 4.0 Skaven. There's not much left, it could be Beasts' turn any moment now.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I really don't think Beasts are going to be removed any time soon. The Morghur setup has been pretty prominently featured during the Lifequake.

I just think they can't refresh entire outdated WFB ranges at the same time. First it was Soulblight, Slaves, Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar, now Flesh-Eaters, and with 4.0 Skaven. There's not much left, it could be Beasts' turn any moment now.

I agree, though i think that they'll build the faction around the Gorfather, rather than Morghur, based on how the lore in the current Battletome is presented.

It's a little strange that Beastmen didn't get anything in "The Era of the Beast" though.

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about Skavens, I just got this picture from a rumour about the new ed box:

image.png.cbd574675152ba583f755ad21a4a7273.png

I mean, I know SC are GW‘s chosen but it would be so much cooler if literally any other faction got such a big update instead of them… Malerion, Beasts, whatever. I really liked the new SC in the last box but it would be way better to focus on other factions at this point. Once all factions got a decent release, they can go full Spees Mahreen with SCE for all I care. I know, I know, I‘m being unrealistic but I thrive on hope after all!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I mean, I know SC are GW‘s chosen but it would be so much cooler if literally any other faction got such a big update instead of them… Malerion, Beasts, whatever. I really liked the new SC in the last box but it would be way better to focus on other factions at this point. Once all factions got a decent release, they can go full Spees Mahreen with SCE for all I care. I know, I know, I‘m being unrealistic but I thrive on hope after all!

WE ALL KNOW WHERE HOPE LEADS MY BROTHER @MitGas, BUT WE FOLLOW IT ANYWAY!!!! Looking at the listed skaven units I kinda question it’s accuracy: supposedly it’s focusing on Clan Eshin, but only two of the proposed units actually belong to the ninja rats (assassin and gutter runners), while the rest are generic skaven clan stuff. Personally I’d like to see some of the stuff TWW created for Eshin instead (the special sorcerer, and the triad unit) and then a mass release of skaven in the following months, buts that’s just the opinion of a decayed king that may not like grave robbers, but I have to respect the rat men for constantly ruining Nagash’s plans (Black Pyramids).

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

That doesn't seem like a lot of skaven to me? Eshin would be a good pick though as well as new rat Ogres..Might be able to tempt my old gaming buddy back in with this- he always ran Skaven against my dwarfs..

It is a bit short indeed. I would expect someting like Nids from Leviathan. Around 47 - 50 minis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

Wzjhx2C9bGnatyRb.jpg.5e9238a7c8035535dc0984cd92e8a47f.jpghttps://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/12/11/the-advent-engine-11th-december-2023/

Advent engine time, looks like a Scabbard but I wouldn't know from which faction or if it's even AoS.

On the Eleventh day of Christmas, GW previewed me:
Eleven Astartes Scabbards 
Ten Ossiarch Boneclaws
Nine Nighthaunt Vaping
Eight Servo Calculators
Seven Grotbags Scuttling
Six Sickly Casters
FIVE KURNOTH ANTLERS
Four Fuzzy Cloaks
Three finecast miners
Two undead helmsmen and
A parrot on a Vampire

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

WE ALL KNOW WHERE HOPE LEADS MY BROTHER @MitGas, BUT WE FOLLOW IT ANYWAY!!!!

I just hope the stormcast stuff is new models for existing units.  SC getting an entire army's worth of new units and heros added to their army each edition has already made their faction unweildy to the point of being actively unfun to collect & listbuild for.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Perhaps they're not Clanrats, but new Giant Rat models? That would make more sense than replacing the current Clanrat sculpts, and we could certainly use new Giant Rats.

That would make more sense since the boxset includes rat ogres too, and those too units share the same kit.

That's if, of course, assuming the rumour is true, which I don't believe. But I'm sure that at least some of the units listed would be updated anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sception said:

I just hope the stormcast stuff is new models for existing units.  SC getting an entire army's worth of new units and heros added to their army each edition has already made their faction unweildy to the point of being actively unfun to collect & listbuild for.

Rumor is it's the wave 1 fatcast getting redone in thunderstrike armor.  Realms of ruin already shown off thunderstrike liberators after that rumor which leads some weight to it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

And yet AoS is 10x better than 40k when it comes to giving love to all the factions. Like even the other human factions are treated as an afterthought most of the time.

10ed seems to have gotten a bit better by copying the AoS approach of every faction at least gets one thing when their book comes out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Snarff said:

There are some rumour engines that could be Kharadron, but nothing really rumoured yet.

As for Duardin in general, FS are likely to get expanded either during Dawnbringers or 4th edition. Drekki Flynt is getting a second novel and it looks like he'll actually continue to get more books afterwards. Gotrek is getting a new short story. A Grombrindal model is inevitable, maybe when the second set of White Dwarf stories gets made into a book as well. There have been Chaos Duardin rumours for ages now, but nothing substantial yet.

I definitely think KO will get a release wave in 4th with gholems

• Like 3

That rumour seems fake to me, like they just looked at skaven and listed the stuff most in need of an update. Seems like a pretty safe guess, but a really easy guess, not anything that really suggests inside knowledge. I bet we'll get some of this, but there will also be weird things we can't predict. They never just update existing stuff any more!

• Like 19