The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Vagard said:

As I agree that clanrats and stormvermins are not the first in the revamp list for skaven, it sounds weird to pack a starting box with old minis. Since the first ed boxset, there always have been brand new minis in the box, both SCE and opponent side if i'm not mistaken. 

That said, as the clanrat are the backbone of skaven army, I hardly see a box without 20 of them. So i'm pretty certain to see a new kit even if they are not the ones who needs it the most. But as we seen with kruelboys, we can expect a lots of new kits, both revamp and brand new ones, and some cuts like CoS as well i guess.

About gutter runners or censer bearers, or every unit which represent a specific clan, warcry is the best way to release such units. So maybe we will see them a bit later in the edition.   

Kruelboyz had 11 kits released for the new ed. If we stick to this nober for skaven we can expect : 

- clanrats

- stormvermin

- weapon team

- rat ogors

- jezzails 

- master moulder

- generic master

- plague monks

- plague monk hero 

- some brand new kits 

-> gutter runners and censer bearers as warcry teams during the V4

If we stick to the 11 kits theory.

i’d pribably say it would look more like this:

1.night/gutter runner (1box 2 options)

2.plague monks/plague censer bearer (1box 2 options)

3. Rattling gun, warpfire thrower, grinder (3 options for 3 weapon teams)

4. Rat ogre with packmasters

5. plague priest

6. Arch warlock

7. giant rats with packmasters

8. doom flayer unit

9. Master moulder 

10-11 new kits

And with that done that’s pretty much a revamp of every unit that need one (except rat swarms in easy 9 kits😂

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

If we stick to the 11 kits theory.

i’d pribably say it would look more like this:

1.night/gutter runner (1box 2 options)

2.plague monks/plague censer bearer (1box 2 options)

3. Rattling gun, warpfire thrower, grinder (3 options for 3 weapon teams)

4. Rat ogre with packmasters

5. plague priest

6. Arch warlock

7. giant rats with packmasters

8. doom flayer unit

9. Master moulder 

10-11 new kits

And with that done that’s pretty much a revamp of every unit that need one (except rat swarms in easy 9 kits😂

Last few bigger updates GW has updated one subfaction completely. Ironjawz, Freeguild, FEC was a small army to begin with. I dont think its likely that they do models spread out for all factions. I could be wrong, but i dont think its good for sales. They could sell a whole subfaction way better than a few models here and there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

It's always subjective of course, but when someone gives an answer like this, I'm curious how much they've read. Lethis is one of the more interesting cities in the realms. It is the beachhead of Sigmar's effort to build a kingdom in the realm of death, the home city of the Anvils of Heldenhammer and was the prison of Katakros. It has history that has actually played out in the course of the game.

I also find the realm of death fascinating as it was essentially the Discworld's afterlife before Nagash took over. Now the entire realm is gradually being consumed by a mini blackhole in its centre. That's way more interest to me than any location in the old world but as you say it's all subjective. 

😄 that's the problem. There is nothing from what I have read that makes me to explore the world of AoS more. So yes, I haven't read much about AoS. When we take Lethis in example in the books I have  (3rd edion big rulebook and CoS). I can read a bit about Lethis and in the big rulebook there is also a part about Shyish and if I want to know more I could buy all those books like dawnbringers and etc... but they cost 40 euro each. Which isn't cheap and this for a world that didn't really grasp me from the start. It becomes quickly a hard sell. Last pic is from the 8th edition rulebook. It's a timeline, a simple one and only one world and still it graps me. While all those realms from AoS it just feels to much. It's a good excuse to make every mini GW wants, as there is certainly a place in one of those realms it could exist, but the downside is, that everything feels to big to get into. This is purely how I feel about AoS background, not the game itself or the mini's.

image.png.75eefbf2d384c9685dfe3da08d8ff210.png image.png.bc478c1c1e7e16260fccd9944ad71058.pngimage.png.a98c1493aa5e9640242e92f53bad5a20.png

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The bird skull makes me think it is Salves/ Darkoaths.

The two faces give me a CoS vibe. We are expecting a StD/Darkoath release for Dawnbringers IV or V. So I would also bet on something for StD/Darkoath. Although I would also love to see some new mini's fro the Kruleboyz too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Chaos? Ogres? FEC? Take your guesses. The presence of the broken tusk makes me inclined towards something Destruction though.

9o6jgcJay573r3aE.jpg

The StD models do have a decent amount of decapitated heads and bone trinkets as decorations spread throughout their range so I could see it being for them/the Darkoath update that has been alluded to in the past. 

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I don't know. The AoS world doesn't really grasp me. I know there are 8 realms, but it could easly be 4 or 20. What does it matter. I played Empire during Warhammer and Slaves to Darkness and Cities of Sigmar with AoS. With the Empire, I wanted to have an Averland and Reikland army. Not only because of the colours, but because the location on the map, the history and etc.. I knew the background of my army and each hero had a small background that fitted with their magical items. I never used named characters and barely switched my magic items. Lol, I got attached to my heroes in Warhammer.

I have the same feeling. But I admit that books and small stories are awesome, not far away from the feeling that Warhammer Fantasy has. Towns and Cities seems to be "alive", and I want to know more, met new people (Drekki Flynt is awesome), I want to see some rules about the  Aspirian people, etc....

But the game is missing something.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Last few bigger updates GW has updated one subfaction completely. Ironjawz, Freeguild, FEC was a small army to begin with. I dont think its likely that they do models spread out for all factions. I could be wrong, but i dont think its good for sales. They could sell a whole subfaction way better than a few models here and there.

Truth be told I would definitely be quit interested in seeing which one that is.

although if that was the case.

i hope its not just an update for the kits in need of that clan (skaven after all don’t have subfactions) but also something where they bring in more.

or else.

the whole skaven update for 4.0 would be like 1-2 updated kits😂

Just now, Vagard said:

there were named heroes for almost each clans in WFB but i don't know if they still exist as so. (ikit, thretch,...) 

I assume they all died, afaik thanqol is only alive because he was in an extra dimensional warp prison when the world blew up(read as, he had a plastic model)