The Rumour Thread

Just now, RetconnedLegion said:

WHFB flagellants were convinced (rightly) it was the End Times and people needed to repent and punish themselves for their sins.

AoS they flagellate themselves to purify the lands of the taint of chaos.

So, ones are a bunch of crazy people, the other ones are tools for the main narrative?

Btw, pretty sure all games have the same archetype of stupid zealot dudes:
HS_DOONEU.jpg

28 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

And thus all armies will receive third edition update before the end of the year, like promised.

I did a quick look through the store (for a discussion in a whatsapp group) and there were two armies that didn't get a single new mini during this ed. Maybe I was wrong? Did all of them at least get 1 new mini?

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I did a quick look through the store (for a discussion in a whatsapp group) and there were two armies that didn't get a single new mini during this ed. Maybe I was wrong? Did all of them at least get 1 new mini?

• Stormcast: Thunderstrike
  • Cities: Range Refresh
  • Lumineth: Scinari Enlightener
  • Sylvaneth: Mini wave, new Kurnothi character
  • Seraphon: Range Refresh
  • Kharadron: Codewright
  • DoK: Gladiatrix
  • Fyreslayers: Priest + Warband
  • Idoneth: Thrallmaster

• S2D: Range Refresh
  • BoC: Beastlord
  • Skaven: Deathmaster
  • Khorne: Ritualist
  • Tzeentch: Curseling
  • Nurgle: Harbringer
  • Slaanesh: Mr. Hubris

• Soulblight: Ivya Volga
  • Nighthaunt: Mini wave
  • Ossiarch: Ossifector
  • FEC: Range Refresh

• Warclans: Kruleboyz + IJ Refresh
  • SoB: King Brodd
  • Ogors: Hunter + Gorgers
  • GSG: Squigboss + Rabble Rouser + Trogg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 13

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

GW made a pledge to update all the battletomes. No one ever mentioned the minis.

2 minutes ago, Asbestress said:
  • Stormcast : Frappe de tonnerre
  • Villes : Actualisation de la gamme
  • Lumineth : Illuminateur Scinari
  • Sylvaneth : Mini vague, nouveau personnage Kurnothi
  • Seraphon : actualisation de la gamme
  • Kharadron : codeur
  • DoK : Gladiatrice
  • Fyreslayers : Prêtre + Bande de guerre
  • Idoneth : Maître des serviteurs

• S2D : actualisation de la plage
  • BoC : Seigneur des bêtes
  • Skaven : Maître de la Mort
  • Khorne : Ritualiste
  • Tzeentch : maudire
  • Nurgle : porteur de message
  • Slaanesh : M. Hubris

• Pluie d'âme : Ivya Volga
  • Nighthaunt : Mini vague
  • Ossiarque : Ossifecteur
  • FEC : actualisation de la plage

• Warclans : Kruleboyz + Actualisation IJ
  • SoB : Roi Brodd
  • Ogors : Chasseur + Gorgeurs
  • GSG : Squigboss + Rabble Rouser + Trogg

Grinkrak and his looncourt and snarlfangs riders for GG

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Asbestress said:
  • Stormcast: Thunderstrike
  • Cities: Range Refresh
  • Lumineth: Scinari Enlightener
  • Sylvaneth: Mini wave, new Kurnothi character
  • Seraphon: Range Refresh
  • Kharadron: Codewright
  • DoK: Gladiatrix
  • Fyreslayers: Priest + Warband
  • Idoneth: Thrallmaster

• S2D: Range Refresh
  • BoC: Beastlord
  • Skaven: Deathmaster
  • Khorne: Ritualist
  • Tzeentch: Curseling
  • Nurgle: Harbringer
  • Slaanesh: Mr. Hubris

• Soulblight: Ivya Volga
  • Nighthaunt: Mini wave
  • Ossiarch: Ossifector
  • FEC: Range Refresh

• Warclans: Kruleboyz + IJ Refresh
  • SoB: King Brodd
  • Ogors: Hunter + Gorgers
  • GSG: Squigboss + Rabble Rouser + Trogg

How'd you put together that list so fast! I was looking for a list of 3rd edition releases and it made me wish their was a date by date release catalogue of some kind.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hawke said:

How'd you put together that list so fast! I was looking for a list of 3rd edition releases and it made me wish their was a date by date release catalogue of some kind.

What I did was to look at the URLs, as they include lately the release year, but some stuff that came back in stock was also using more recent years xD

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

GW made a pledge to update all the battletomes. No one ever mentioned the minis.

I thought you were talking about minis. From my pov seems obvious that all the BT/Codex would be updated during a edition. Wasn't the case during previous editions in the recent years?

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I thought you were talking about minis. From my pov seems obvious that all the BT/Codex would be updated during a edition. Wasn't the case during previous editions in the recent years?

No. There was no 2E Deepkin or Nurgle battletomes, for example.

• Like 4

Well, the Ghouly-bois being up for pre-order so quickly is nice to see. I'm not a big fan of the incredibly long lead-up times from preview to pre-order like we have seen in the past with some releases. I hope we see more of this type of time frame in 2024 and beyond.

It does make me wonder what we might see for AoS in the first half of next year though. With all of the factions receiving an update in 3rd and with a new edition on the horizon, perhaps we will just see another 2 Dawnbringer books before the major 4th edition hype-train ramp-up? 

I'd be really surprised to see a new faction reveal at the end of an edition cycle. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Well, the Ghouly-bois being up for pre-order so quickly is nice to see. I'm not a big fan of the incredibly long lead-up times from preview to pre-order like we have seen in the past with some releases. I hope we see more of this type of time frame in 2024 and beyond.

It does make me wonder what we might see for AoS in the first half of next year though. With all of the factions receiving an update in 3rd and with a new edition on the horizon, perhaps we will just see another 2 Dawnbringer books before the major 4th edition hype-train ramp-up? 

I'd be really surprised to see a new faction reveal at the end of an edition cycle. 

I don't see any more factions getting updates appart from what we could have from Dawnbringers. We've got recently quite a few months of AoS monopolising GW releases, and with 4th in the summer I suspect we would see an AoS gap leaving some room for TOW and 40k before we get into the AoS monopoly game again with the new edition.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't see any more factions getting updates appart from what we could have from Dawnbringers. We've got recently quite a few months of AoS monopolising GW releases, and with 4th in the summer I suspect we would see an AoS gap leaving some room for TOW and 40k before we get into the AoS monopoly game again with the new edition.

You say that, but it's always the other way around. New edition means tons of new releases leading up to the edition launch, and THEN things get subdued for the rest of the year. The breather will come in the long months where nothing else gets released for AoS except the except the gradual rollout of the two starter army battletomes and models, as it always does.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1