The Rumour Thread

I missed the live stream which is always unforonate as the anticipation builds so much hype. As such I will not go over every reveal other than just broad strokes. The 40k reveals were nice as Dark Angels and Night Lords are some of my favourite Space Marine Factions but for an outsider to 40k they still feel like simply more power armoured dudes. I do play Necrons and the new model is fantastic but I think Necrons have so many lord type characters and wish we got a new unit instead. The Kruelboyz continue to be my favourite Orruk designs and the form language on the Tomb King model leaves me sadly confused, might look better in person.

Overall I would say it was a little underwhelming... except for the main event! The Flesh Eater Courts are better than I could have imagined: The Bat Calvary, the Cardinal, USHORAN!!! Honestly as someone that has never felt strongly towards the Death factions (other than Nighthaunt), these are just next level! 

Call me delusional but I did think it was awesome that they had a unit of cavalry, 2 units of infantry and two heroes to parallel these two boxes.
9r1nYCe5KMoviSOn.jpg
Cities-of-Sigmar-Army-Set.png
86hwp7.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

I do want to be clear here that I am blown away by the FEC release. 

The new stuff is perfection I could only have dreamed of - I’m genuinely wondering about selling my SBGL to fund this.

My bank balance is less sanguine about the idea…

IMG_5466.gif

Edited by Souleater
Bloody autocorrect.
  • Like 4

It's nice to think about Ushoron for a second. When AoS started and you had factions like FEC, Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers, that would take a small section of a previous army and turn them into their own list, resulting in limited number of kits, not much lore to begin with. For me it was one of those initial worries with AoS like, oh no I really hope this isn't it after killing off Fantasy, that this is all we'll get.

And here we are today, with one of the best, if not possibly the best sculpts for the company.

It's my opinion but it's not exaggerated. I think Ushoron is one of the best looking models I've seen. I'm always more drawn to gothic horror elements in Fantasy, Death and all things that go bump in the night, but holy moly la, he's a work of art.

It's amazing to see AoS grow into what it has.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

I think the executioner ghoul is lowkey one of my favorites from the entire reveal, aside from Ushoran

image.png.49163e7eba1749308641fc0155407d1c.png

It really embodies the descent from man to ghoul, from the remaining vestiges of clothing, the cowl, and the horrifically neglected axe that matches attire, it really makes the descent into madness seem that much more potent in this piece here.

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 2

I‘m just glad that no flesheater wears a bascinet helmet… y‘know, those with the large nose (kinda like beakies from 40k)… because I totally would‘ve bought that model! I dunno where that particular image comes from but I‘d love to see it. Maybe if I find the right head, I‘ll convert something for fun. I‘m overall not a fan of OBR (they do have some cool models too though) but death overall is an amazing GA. Like at least 70% of the models are amazing. The day GW makes the rules for fielding mixed GA armies sensible is the day I‘ll have a hard time not getting a death force…

I know I'm always hoping for more beasts but if book 4 is all death and book 5 has rules for all chaos (or at least largely chaos) then the most sensible army of renown to me is dragon ogors because they're the unit with the least "support" in the book. No subfaction benefits them, no battle tactic or grand strategy is tied to them and the only thing specifically mentioning them is the shaggoth himself. So it seems like it would make a lot of sense to me to put out a new plastic shaggoth and make them an AoR.

What I'd actually like to see is some way to mark your beasts again. Just some fluffy "you can take 1 in 4 [insert god faction here] units as coalition allies" even if they don't get keywords to actually interact the ability to put some actual khorne models alongside my khornate beastmen would make the lore side of me a lot less salty about building my entire army around the skullfray concept from our last book.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Red King said:

What I'd actually like to see is some way to mark your beasts again. Just some fluffy "you can take 1 in 4 [insert god faction here] units as coalition allies" even if they don't get keywords to actually interact the ability to put some actual khorne models alongside my khornate beastmen would make the lore side of me a lot less salty about building my entire army around the skullfray concept from our last book.

I'm pretty sure we won't see coalition rules again in the future. GW seems to be really against cross play now. Even Cities of Sigmar, who used to be able to coalition basically every order army, now just get "You can ally some guys in and they benefit from one very specific subfaction ability". Not even an exception for Stormcast.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Souleater said:

@Black_Templar_Lad I second this. 

I know it’s difficult to wait without knowing what’s going on but I hope this release is indicative of what Skaven and Chorf players get when their ranges are redone. 

The Skaven have so much potential and with the current GW capability… I believe we will witness greatness.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm pretty sure we won't see coalition rules again in the future. GW seems to be really against cross play now. Even Cities of Sigmar, who used to be able to coalition basically every order army, now just get "You can ally some guys in and they benefit from one very specific subfaction ability". Not even an exception for Stormcast.

Do Chaos armies still have coalition rules? I'm specifically thinking about Disciples of Tzeentch - do they still get Beasts and Slaves coalition?

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

It's nice to think about Ushoron for a second. When AoS started and you had factions like FEC, Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers, that would take a small section of a previous army and turn them into their own list, resulting in limited number of kits, not much lore to begin with. For me it was one of those initial worries with AoS like, oh no I really hope this isn't it after killing off Fantasy, that this is all we'll get.

And here we are today, with one of the best, if not possibly the best sculpts for the company.

It's my opinion but it's not exaggerated. I think Ushoron is one of the best looking models I've seen. I'm always more drawn to gothic horror elements in Fantasy, Death and all things that go bump in the night, but holy moly la, he's a work of art.

It's amazing to see AoS grow into what it has.

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

@Black_Templar_Lad I second this. 

I know it’s difficult to wait without knowing what’s going on but I hope this release is indicative of what Skaven and Chorf players get when their ranges are redone. 

Ushoran is, to me, the best looking and designed model GW has ever done.

A flawless mini. I cant stop looking at all the details!!

1698222921165.gif

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

Like many of us here today, I was swept away by the FEC. They’ve easily become the best models in the entirety of GE’s death wave save for one….. THE NEW CROCODILE DRAGON OF COURSE!!!! 
My hobby budget might not recover, but I definitely need the following when they come out: 1 FEC army box, 1-2 of the Tomb King on Dragon (depends on price), Ushoran, and 3 of the Night Lords killteam. this of course, is entirely dependent on the rest of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA’S!!!! previewed models, as I refuse to be piece that GW doesn’t have some more kits hidden away in the sands…..

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Ushoran is, to me, the best looking and designed model GW has ever done.

A flawless mini. I cant stop looking at all the details!!

1698222921165.gif

It's a testament to the painter as well. Can't wait to find out who sculpted and painted this model.

I've literally spent all day zooming in. Every part is a joy to analyse.

• LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber

The difference between the AoS 1.0 sculpts and the stuff GW has been showing off recently is night and day. Not to talk down on the other game systems, but AoS is easily getting the best sculpts. 

Ive just been assembling the new Gorgers and they're *chef's kiss* 

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SunStorm said:

The difference between the AoS 1.0 sculpts and the stuff GW has been showing off recently is night and day. Not to talk down on the other game systems, but AoS is easily getting the best sculpts. 

Ive just been assembling the new Gorgers and they're *chef's kiss* 

100%

There were so many great AoS models this year that people probably won't even be able to agree which one was the best for the model of the year poll.

Wait, was Lion El'Johnson this year? In that case Big Space Marine will probably win, anyway.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

100%

There were so many great AoS models this year that people probably won't even be able to agree which one was the best for the model of the year poll.

Wait, was Lion El'Johnson this year? In that case Big Space Marine will probably win, anyway.

Strength of the largest number 

5 hours ago, pnkdth said:

The new ones are more sinewy but there's isn't a whole lot separating them. Most players already have a metric tonne of them too and the prospect of having to redo all of them won't be very appealing. Which is why I think GW decided to focus on new releases and adding to the range instead.

I don't think they main reason has been that, but rather than the roster was quite small, so adding new units instead of replacing them was a better option for the overall faction.

5 hours ago, Grunbag said:

Just to make sure : they announced 12 models for dawnbringer or 12 factions ?

because fec and Gloomspite got 2 dawnbringer models for exemple 

also does IJ are part of the dawnbringer count ? None of their box are entitled Dawnbringer . 
if i count the faction that had a so called dawnbringer we have :

- fyreslayers

- nurgle

- Gloomspite goblin 

- Gloomspite trolls

- fec hero

- fec summer king

- sce 

- sylvaneth 

At least 12 factions. And yes. IJ counts.

Edited by Ejecutor

4 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Et avec (au moins) un autre livre Dawnbringers presque garanti, nous nous rapprochons de Chaos Duardin et de Malerion Faction. Mise à jour Skaven au début de la quatrième édition l'année prochaine également. Beau.

BTW, où sont les incroyants qui pensent que cela n'allait pas être une GRANDE vague pour la FEC ? 

Nous avons maintenant une belle sélection de personnages (Herald, Judge, Executor, Cardinal, Flying Key-master, Vargulf, Ushoran, de nombreuses variantes de Ghoul Kings, Ushoran) et des options d'unités, même des sorts sans fin, des décors de faction et des bandes de guerre dans Warcry et Underworlds. Quelle lueur !

Le plus triste : 

• Les goules de base ne sont pas remplacées (comme les skellies TK pour TOW), même avec les doubles builds Cryptguard et la récente bande de guerre Warcry...
  • Après John Blanche, on perd Paul Dainton, Phil Moss ET Thomas Elliott ? C'est une catastrophe !

i give my hope for Malerion !

5 hours ago, Souleater said:

From the leaked sprues could folks see if the halberdiers and Cryptguard were the same kit? I think they are.?

I’m not sure I can afford two army boxes but we’ll see how quickly I can eBay stuff. 😄

They are. In the post from the preview they appear under the same section.

4 hours ago, Luperci said:

I was thinking about this the other day, while a lot of people think the setting could be ulgu, I can see a solid case for Chamon. It's also relatively unexplored in major lore and the ruins of the old khazalid empire are said to be overrun by skaven and also hold chaos dwarf fortresses. I'd love to see a theme for 4th edition be war machines and mechanical creations like we had loads of monsters and behemoths in 3rd. It just depends whether the skaven release will focus on clan skryre or eshin I suppose.

Edit: chamon would also be fluffy for a frazzlegits/gsg 2nd wave(skrappa spill is nearby grungni's old forge city ruins) and kharadron 2nd wave

Pls GW. DO IT! COG FORTTTTSS AHHHHHHH

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

To everyone who predicted the leaked ghouls would be a new unit and not replacements, I kneel. (actually kinda glad since I like the old ones too but I 100% thought they were getting the axe. Which, they kind of are, considering the executioner 🤔)

I already loved the FEC range, but this update has elevated it to one of the best armies GW has ever put out. I adore the freaky new varghulf---I was a little disappointed that it strayed so far from the original design but the vargskyr is a perfect replacement for people who want something more bestial.

Normally, I have a thing against buying named characters because I want my armies to be 100% original donut steels, but... Ushoran... Oh, mighty Ushoran... Perfect. Perfect, perfect model. A striking silhouette, characterful pose, enough detail to be interesting but not so much that it's overwhelming with strong contrast in material that keeps them from getting lost amongst themselves, and a base that complements the figure without overwhelming it. Look at how he holds his scepter---the regal, yet casual show of strength. Do you see how the bangles hang off his forearms? How the cape folds around his body and base? The knowledge of gravity on display... The weight of the objects illustrated so subtly yet so apparent. The face is immediately visable despite the amount of detail surrounding it and every line in the model leads toward his outstretched hand, as if he's asking you to kneel in supplication and kiss his ring. Even the broken pillar on the side serves to balance the composition---it creates visual interest without distracting from the focal point. I've never felt more like Patrick Bateman looking at Paul Allen's card than I do now. My god.

I cannot wait to see what the skaven players get next edition. You guys have earned it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 2