The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

@Snarff someone posted pictures of an upcoming updated crypt ghoul kit on this thread about a month ago (they apparently scored it in a trunk sale). They also posted pictures of the built models and they look amazing.

I think it was implied (maybe even by Whitefang?) that it wouldn't be new Crypt Ghouls but another unit, but please correct me if I'm wrong!

The Noble Seneschal really is fantastic in its own right, but I can't stop thinking about how perfectly the upcoming bret hero on pegasus would represent it in a 'FEC-as-they-see-themselves' concept army.  You'd just have to add some key ring bits to match the cool lore.

Am I the only one hoping most of the new FEC range has similar 1-to-1 brettonian equivalents?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Congratz, they‘ve kept the worst rules of 8th edition turning the old world into the same static sloth fest - I‘ve lost all interest now.

I am sad.

What exactly are you talking about here? There seem to be big changes from 8th, charges being M+D6 rather than 2D6 and units not being able to be deeper than they are wide being the biggest. Stopping units from being able to be 5 wide and have a stupid number of ranks would end up speeding up combat, not leaving it as a slog as before?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

If these aren't Crypt Ghouls then I don't know what is:New-Flesh-Eater-Courts-models.png.c8411f725746311f979f2cb1e2233623.png

I thought I saw all the leaks these look amazing! 

I have been thinking of selling off my chaos knights and making a smalle demon army (Realized I already have 1000 points of demons from my Slaves to Darkness army). Now I am convinced to make a FEC army for AOS that I can proxy into 40k as Plaguebearers.

They will be survivors of the winter, the lost souls that my Chaos and Stormcast fight for desptite being long lost to madness and hunger. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Movement preview for The Old World.

Quite a bit to chew in there.

Quite like how they dealt with minimum front + ridiculously deep formations. While certainly the most polite and British style of formation (standing in a long queue) it always struck me as very "gamey." The rest is exactly what I expected and a positive for me.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

DAMN IT GW THIS IS WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED IN WHFB, AN ARMY OF PURE STRIGOI AND NOW YOU GO AND DO ONE BETTER WITH THESE BEAUTIFUL MINIS. IM GOING TO THE BANQUET SIGN ME UP!!

credit-card-smacking-credit-card-on-table.gif

I KNOW THE FEELING @KingBrodd!!! TRULY IT IS A MODEL OF MACABRE BEAUTY AND MAKES ME EXCITED FOR THE RETURN OF NOT ONLY THE SUMMERKING, BUT LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!!!

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Movement preview for The Old World.

Quite a bit to chew in there.

It says something about one's hobby when you start to question whether or not you should purchase a book on medieval warfare in order to play a fantasy game.

2 hours ago, Sception said:

The Noble Seneschal really is fantastic in its own right, but I can't stop thinking about how perfectly the upcoming bret hero on pegasus would represent it in a 'FEC-as-they-see-themselves' concept army.  You'd just have to add some key ring bits to match the cool lore.

Am I the only one hoping most of the new FEC range has similar 1-to-1 brettonian equivalents?

Personally I just intend to model these new ghouls off of the actual crusader armies (probably King Richard III and the Third Crusade if I'm being honest), the answer is that you're not alone.

30 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Can't help but feel the new Gorewarden is a bit of a meta model : it's a literal gatekeeper model for FEC, and I love it. Didn't knew gatekeepers were as disturbing in universe as IRL.

We have the regent, the herald, now the marquis. Can't wait to see what the rest of the royal court will be like. 

I'm hoping we get either the chancellor/vizier (a new wizard), or a kind of priest/bishop (maybe a named character trying to bring the FEC more under Nagash's reign). Either way these models have been amazing so far and I hope GW keeps the hype train going.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Bolfrig Bearhide said:

What exactly are you talking about here? There seem to be big changes from 8th, charges being M+D6 rather than 2D6 and units not being able to be deeper than they are wide being the biggest. Stopping units from being able to be 5 wide and have a stupid number of ranks would end up speeding up combat, not leaving it as a slog as before?

The whole normal movement nonsense of turning 90 degrees costing movement and all that which sucked back in 8th. It’s the most clunky of systems and I was happy it was gone.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The whole normal movement nonsense of turning 90 degrees costing movement and all that which sucked back in 8th. It’s the most clunky of systems and I was happy it was gone.

To be fair, having to turn 90 or 180 degrees is fairly rare unless you get completely and utterly out manoeuvred in which case that's more player error than the rules fault. 

Really like the change of having more ranks than file, should lead to having more units on the board rather than a couple of deathstars. 

The charging change is subtle but effective, no more foot troops turning into the flash and getting a 16" charge while mounted units remain dangerous with a much larger charge range threat. 

Like the addition of the marching column as well. 

And yay for the return of the proper lance formation as well! 

Overall a big thumbs up so far from me, so looking forward to the release of Old World, will be like being a kid again! 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

To be fair, having to turn 90 or 180 degrees is fairly rare unless you get completely and utterly out manoeuvred in which case that's more player error than the rules fault. 

well, and if you have any terrain on the board? which is why terrain was the example pic for wheeling--this costs movement (** The distance the unit wheels is deducted from its charge range.). i don't think GW is able to get rid of the awkwardness of ranknfile movement. i remember having to house-rule wheeling and turning not costing movement to keep games from stagnating.

image.jpeg.4f07864e6d0d08e2fb37466d94c26fc9.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Presumably, they will stay, being sourced in the warhammer community article about the new character. 

What exact bit leads you to that conclusion? This one that links to the Crypt Flayers?

They rally their swiftest bannermen to meet the task, and these fierce men and women descend upon their quarry as though carried by great wings – the result, surely, of many years spent in the pursuit of their sacred duty. 

Just a thought, but as I recall one of the biggest things that hampered the Tomb Kings was their inability to march (was 10 when I collected Fantasy in 6th so I forget most of its rules). Does this column formation thing seem to bypass this then? I hope this means that it does, and TKs will not be hamstrung by lack of movement!

As someone who also collects Mordaxis Titans in Titanicus, I have felt having bonus movement cut away and it sucks! Especially as the friend I play with uses Ember Wolves so I am lucky if I can even shoot at his Warhounds 😂

13 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

With TOW at the moment, I'm beginning to have this funny feeling that a lot of people are about to realise that all this time they'd been nostalgic for the world. Not so much for the game.

It was always going be a rank and file game in the spirit of WHFB. I'm surprised to see people were expecting otherwise. 

For those who still prefer AoS, well, TOW is going to be a gold mine for kitbashes and creating new themed armies.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

With TOW at the moment, I'm beginning to have this funny feeling that a lot of people are about to realise that all this time they'd been nostalgic for the world. Not so much for the game.

Willing to bet that at least half of the population clamoring for Old World are people who never played WHFB but are deeply invested in Total War.

• Like 9
  • Confused 3