The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

With the necron RE solved now, this is the oldest RE from now on:

2022-09-13.jpg

Do we still think this was an incarnate? Maybe it would be released during the next edition?

My current guess is the back skull of a swampcalla shaman for the rumored Kruleboyz underworlds warband. 

• LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I remeber that the spider incarnate was a thing in this forum when that RE came. 

I don’t know what happened to that, maybe is been delayed maybe is the first cancelled mini in a RE?

Do we know where this info came from? I've seen it around, but no clue where it started.

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Seeing the old art brought me back, I really can't afford another warhammer project for a while... but getting some beastmen or bretonnians... does sound tempting. 

Seeing the old artwork is the best part of The Old World! Every single piece just has so much character and FEELS real.

And it brings me right back when I was a little Gretchin reading my first White Dwarf!

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

My prediction for tomorrow, for what it's worth: WarCom Sunday preview initially teased something for Halloween, now removed. Valrak rumouring an upcoming new Kill Team box called Nightmare and featuring Night Lords and Dark Eldar Mandrakes.

With that name and those contents it's gotta be a Halloween reveal I reckon?

Of course I hope I'm wrong and we get tasty new AoS Death reveals tomorrow instead.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Following a bit on the skull RE.

What would you prefer, guys. More incarnates or more spells? Also, why. Always thinking they are balanced and not abusable at all.

I think I would go for incarnates. Miniatures whise I find the one we got so far pretty interesting and kind of completement the endless spells, which we already have a ton.

Also would be interesting to have at least one from each realm. Even one from the chaos realm 😈

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

With the necron RE solved now, this is the oldest RE from now on:

2022-09-13.jpg

Do we still think this was an incarnate? Maybe it would be released during the next edition?

Naturally, it is base decoration for Skricchkracher, Incarnate-Endless-Spell Avatar of the Silent People-Chorf Coalition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Following a bit on the skull RE.

What would you prefer, guys. More incarnates or more spells? Also, why. Always thinking they are balanced and abusable at all.

I think I would go for incarnates. Miniatures whise I find the one we got so far pretty interesting and kind of completement the endless spells, which we already have a ton.

Also would be interesting to have at least one from each realm. Even one from the chaos realm 😈

Faction endless always.

Models that can be used for every faction or every faction inside an alliance are allways problematic and hard to balance.

Incarnate+sun meta was one of the worst gamestates this edition.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Do we know where this info came from? I've seen it around, but no clue where it started.

Dont know about other information but this confirmed it for me. Could have been about correcting something i said but Whitefang rarely speaks out specific things like this. Question was about if this RE/ Spider Incarnate was connected to Gnarlwood.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:57 PM, Whitefang said:

Spider incarnate is connected to gallet

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont know about other information but this confirmed it for me. Could have been about correcting something i said but Whitefang rarely speaks out specific things like this.

Whitefang has a flawless track record. This definitely stands out. Could it have been cancelled after the mixed reaction to the first incarnate?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Whitefang has a flawless track record. This definitely stands out. Could it have been cancelled after the mixed reaction to the first incarnate?

Maybe there's one final seasons of war for 3rd editions last hurrah in the first half of next year? It could come with that

13 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Maybe there's one final seasons of war for 3rd editions last hurrah in the first half of next year? It could come with that

Maybe. It's the Gallet connection that makes me think it could have been cancelled. The story has already moved past Gallet. It would be weird to return to it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Maybe. It's the Gallet connection that makes me think it could have been cancelled. The story has already moved past Gallet. It would be weird to return to it. 

Isn't a Rhondol narrative happeing currently during the White Dwarfs? Would be weird to release something after lore in WD, but... there's a small chance.

32 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think they where planning to do a Season of War: Gallet at some point. We did get the gallatian rules etc. But i think they scrapped the idea of another Seasons of War book. I dont think the  idea was bad at all, more lore is more better imho. I do think it was poorly executed with a weird terrain box set and maybe the incarnate being too strong at release.

Edit: This RE is singlehandedly making me want a Spiderfang refresh for over a year now. Please get solved soon XD.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

My prediction for tomorrow, for what it's worth: WarCom Sunday preview initially teased something for Halloween, now removed. Valrak rumouring an upcoming new Kill Team box called Nightmare and featuring Night Lords and Dark Eldar Mandrakes.

With that name and those contents it's gotta be a Halloween reveal I reckon?

Of course I hope I'm wrong and we get tasty new AoS Death reveals tomorrow instead.

There's also been rumblings (from various places, but Valrak is one of the ones to pick up on them) that the next Kill Team box (SM Scouts vs. Eldar Striking Scorpions) isn't releasing until next year.

If that's so, then I doubt they reveal the next next box tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

There's also been rumblings (from various places, but Valrak is one of the ones to pick up on them) that the next Kill Team box (SM Scouts vs. Eldar Striking Scorpions) isn't releasing until next year.

If that's so, then I doubt they reveal the next next box tomorrow.

According to Valrak the kill team box after the next one will have a Night Lords Upgrade Sprue. Which if true means I'll need to buy three of them at minimum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

At this point, I feel like GW is going to write off Incarnates and just nix the Krondspine’s rules after 3rd edition, which is a shame because they definitely felt like they had potential but they fumbled hard with that initial launch. 

Idk what you mean: Locking the Incarnate in a 200€ box with barely any terrain is a bad idea!?

• Haha 4