The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

A non-Morathi sub faction of DOK might actually motivate me to revisit my DOK that I grabbed back when they first released, especially if they're based around a death god(ess).

Yes, we have snake-aelves. How about crow-aelves?

Morai-Heg was the Great Gatherer all along -- Corvus Cabal got it so wrong, or just their drip 😌

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Preppikoma said:

Yes, we have snake-aelves. How about crow-aelves?

Morai-Heg was the Great Gatherer all along -- Corvus Cabal got it so wrong, or just their drip 😌

Uhh. That's an interesting idea. Either that or explore deeper the shadowish elf side of DoK.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Mutton said:

DoK could really use a proper anvil unit. Something tough that can take a hit and isn't a 700 point Morathi. They don't need a 47th Hag Queen.

After seeing the skullcrawlers from kong skull island, I think a cavalry based on them would be awesome (maybe more snake like though).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

You could have some sort of priestly anvil unit relying on ward saves, potentially, either as a hero that passes out wards or ideally as some sort of dedicated tough unit.  But I agree that the DoK book suffers with only having Morathi as a defensive piece, which does put limits on the viable lists (competitively speaking, of course) forcing players into a Morathi-based list, which then leads naturally into running the bow snakes alongside her both for the obvious synergy she brings to them and the fact that you can't really afford to trade units in melee when you're already 700pts in the hole.  The melee options are overall pretty slow given how fragile they are, so it's hard to operate as the glass cannon the book is presumably meant to function as.  I suppose a unit/hero/subfaction which greatly increased the overal movement of the book could potentially also be a solution for a fragile faction with limited defensive options.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Mutton said:

DoK could really use a proper anvil unit. Something tough that can take a hit and isn't a 700 point Morathi. They don't need a 47th Hag Queen.

I'd love to see a really big snake for DoK. Sort of reminiscent of the Naga Lords in WoW

Just a big, super-charged Melusai covered in boney growth to make them hardier. Lore-wise make them Morathi's personal honour gaurd.

Solves the need for a more defensive piece and a monster other than the Avatar while maintaining the general feel and aesthetic of the army.

Edited by mojojojo101
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, mojojojo101 said:

I'd love to see a really big snake for DoK. Sort of reminiscent of the Naga Lords in WoW

Juts a big, super-charged Melusai covered in bony growth to make them hardier. Lore-wise make them Morathi's personal honour gaurd.

Solves the need for a more defensive piece and a monster other than the Avatar while maintaining the general feel and aesthetic of the army.

This is plausible. We have battletome hints that, due to being damaged, Máthcoir produces more 'monstrous' beings.

• Like 3

I don't think the banner piece will be a Dawnbringers release. They suggested the books from 2 onwards would have a GA focus; 2 had entirely Destruction models released with it, and 3 had entirely Order models released. This would suggest any more Order models have missed the boat for a Dawnbringers role.

More likely the model is either a side-game release, so part of an Underworlds or Warcry unit, or is going to be released during 4th ed either alongside the new DoK battletome, or as part of something else new then.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

To get a rough idea about when this banner thing from DoK would be release, we could have roughly the following timeframe.

This Friday 4th Dawnbringers Book 3 Story.

Then another 4 weekly stories? So book 4 would be announced on Nov 18th? Am I right?

Yes thats the preview show date 

• Like 1

Not saying DoK don’t need some variety, ruleswise, but tbh it feels way way off to compare them to Fyreslayers or other ‘rump factions’ like that.

They’ve tons more visual variety, let alone unit types where they have:

Big centrepiece special character

2 priest heroes

2 distinct snake heroes

Duelist hero

2 line infantry units 

Elite melee unit

Elite archer unit

2 winged skirmisher units

Scout unit (Warcry shadow guys)

Magical cavalry

Monster

2 war altar variants

That’s a solid range, with the kind of diversity FS, IJ or FEC players could only dream of. A distinct-in-the-background death priest could be cool or some sort of anvil unit - always thought the CoS Executioners could be sensibly slotted into this role - but it’s a well supported range.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

DoK could use ANYTHING new. The army has played exactly the same way but with slightly different numbers since Broken Realms, Morathi came out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

I suppose a unit/hero/subfaction which greatly increased the overal movement of the book could potentially also be a solution for a fragile faction with limited defensive options.

A movement-oriented priest buff, say, themed around some kind of bird, maybe? Like a crow?

52 minutes ago, Preppikoma said:

This is plausible. We have battletome hints that, due to being damaged, Máthcoir produces more 'monstrous' beings.

I'd love to see something like this.

The Khinerai are especially underutilized. They never have the stats to do anything on their own, they don't have their own character either.

There's a lot of ground to cover when you have 'snake with bat wings' as your central aesthetic through line that just hasn't been touched because they keep cramming Aelf in there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cataphract said:

Well, lore wise it seems completely confirmed again and again that ALL of the Elven Gods died during the End Times - as referenced in the DOK and Idoneth books with Khaine and Manthlan in particular being the “patron figures” of both factions

if im not wrong idk tome says mathlan was alive in aos, he was killed at the beggining for slanesh. not in fantasy.

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

I don't think the banner piece will be a Dawnbringers release. They suggested the books from 2 onwards would have a GA focus; 2 had entirely Destruction models released with it, and 3 had entirely Order models released. This would suggest any more Order models have missed the boat for a Dawnbringers role.

More likely the model is either a side-game release, so part of an Underworlds or Warcry unit, or is going to be released during 4th ed either alongside the new DoK battletome, or as part of something else new then.

Could the Aelves be a Death thing? Its not at all weird for Warcry to do stuff like that but i dont really expect it for AoS. Imho Death could really use another faction.

37 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Could the Aelves be a Death thing? Its not at all weird for Warcry to do stuff like that but i dont really expect it for AoS. Imho Death could really use another faction.

Or even SBGL's could really do with zombies and skeletons that aren't all (the bodies of) humans.

• Like 1

I dont think its that weird to see another aelves faction at some point. We got a bunch of factions with humans. At least 3 duardin and 4 types of greenskin at least. 

Edit: i also think chorfs will come back some day and i hope to see more frazzlegitz stuff too.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Preppikoma said:

Unironically, a good counterpart to Warhumanity 40,000 and its multitudes of (ab)human species (not-beastmen, not-dwarves, not-halflings, not-ogres).

Out of curiosity, have Halflings ever been mentioned in AoS lore? Did any make it out of the old world?

11 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I dont think its that weird to see another aelves faction at some point. We got a bunch of factions with humans. At least 3 duardin and 4 types of greenskin at least. 

Edit: i also think chorfs will come back some day and i hope to see more frazzlegitz stuff too.

I'm not against more aelves or duardin factions BUT it would be cool if they were in other Grand Alliances besides Order.

For example, I like the idea of Sylvaneth in Destruction or Idoneth in Death.

Edited by Trugg the Troggoth King
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1