The Rumour Thread

Totally agree with the logic, if someone buys your products when you double the price, why would you sell it cheaper? There is no economical and logical reason to sell something cheaper than people are ready to pay for ; basic economics, even more if like GW or Apple, you own a very specific knowledge or an environment that people will not find somewhere else : the only place where they will find this specific thing is here so they will buy it anyway ; it is called market elasticity

That said, it is not because it's economically logical that we have to accept it and not complain about it. Ethically it is not that good. But once again it is what it is and nothing will change that, as long as GW doesn't feel threatened by another company. But i don't think that getting in line with GW's price policy will help to reduce prices (neither being against it but imo it is logical to be upset by price increases without reasons, not about new minis but about old ones to align them to the rest, without any change on the sprues for example) 

This is the last post I will do about this subject, as it doesn't have to be in this thread and is a bit sterile, watever we think, nothing will change GW politic.

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vagard said:

That said, it is not because it's economically logical that we have to accept it and not complain about it.

To which (and this is also my last entry in this discussion) my reply would be: there's nothing here that complaining is ever going to accomplish. And the only way to 'not accept it' would have to be to just not buy their products. A decision we are all capable of making, and yet we are, where we are.

• Like 1

In regards to the campaign book "DLC" criticism, I hope GW don't respond to it for aos the same they did with 40k. Arks of omen didn't have any new subfaction rules or army updates and instead the books had extremely niche rules for a separate gamemode and we just didn't get any new faction/subfaction rules iirc. Which is a big shame imo. Then again I'm not a competitive player, everywhere I've played really hasn't cared whether you use physical books or just pull up wahapedia on your phone or whatever.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

And the markup? Well, blame capitalism, because there's absolutely nothing unique about the way GW markets and sells their products. 

As the ol' saying goes Eat the Lord-Magnates
Kharadron_vs_Tzeentch_01.jpg

I am really looking forward to getting Ionus Cryptborn to lead my Stormcast. I want a unit of Dracoth Guard as I really like their models and I have Vandus. Getting a unit of ground and sky cavalry would really fill out my Stormcast. 

• Like 7

The weird thing about all this is that I don't think the Blacktalons are remotely out of line with GW's current pricing. A single Stormcast hero on foot costs £22.50 these days so you are getting 5 heroes for the price of two. They also all have sculpted bases which is a plus for me though I know some people might disagree. 

If it a choice between these guys or a couple of the current Stormcast heroes, I'm choosing the Backtalons every time. 

• Like 1

Battleforces preview.

UJxh2cnhhjdOUooB.jpg

Seraphon 

• Slann Starmaster - £52.50 
  • Saurus Warriors - £37.50
  • Kroxigor - £37.50
  • Aggradon Lancers - £37.50
  • Hunters of Huanchi - 37.50 (notice a pattern?

Total RRP = £202.50

Ossiarchs

• Arch-Kavalos Zandtos/Liege-Kavalos - £35
  • Kavalos Deathriders - £37.50
  • Mortek Guard - £37.50
  • Gothizzar Harvester - £35
  • Morghast Archai x2 - £85

Total RRP = £230

Slaves To Darkness

• Eternus / Mounted Chaos Lord - £37.50
  • Ogroid Theridons - £40
  • Chaos Knights - £40
  • Chosen - £37.50
  • Chaos Warriors - £37.50

Total RRP = £192.50

Soulblight

• Lauka Vai / Vengorian Lord - £42.50
  • Blood Knights - £42.50
  • Deathrattle Skeletons - £37.50
  • Dire Wolves - £35
  • Fell Bats - £30

Total RRP = £187.50

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Thaliontil said:

In line with the rumours but...that is bad, good God

Really? I really like the Seraphon one. It has all my favourite models from the recent update. Obviously it price dependent but the chaos and soulblight ones both look like good candidates for doubling up. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

That OBR one is actually quite nice! 

2x Morghast (Can be built as Harbingers or the correct option)

1x KDR (Have an easy battle tactic, and are generally quite good choices)

1x Liege-Kavalos (The +1 Attack command is solid and AKZ looks good) 

1x Gothizzar Harvester (After point drops, it’s not a bad choice with some Mortek Guard)

1x Mortek Guard (When you play OBR, there’s a 50% chance each day that 20 of these guys have spawned somewhere in your house, but they’re alright with the Harvester)

This is actually a shockingly solid start to a collection. It’s about 360 dollars MSRP, and if nothing else, Morghast can be a bit of a pain to find in the US. 

• Like 1

Crunched the numbers and it looks like Seraphon Ossiarchs win the discount awards. 

Seraphon 

• Kroxigor - £37.50

Total RRP = £202.50

Ossiarchs

• Mortek Guard - £37.50
  • Morghast Archai x2 - £85

Total RRP = £230

Slaves To Darkness

• Ogroid Theridons - £40
  • Chaos Knights - £40
  • Chosen - £37.50

Total RRP = £192.50

Soulblight

• Blood Knights - £42.50
  • Dire Wolves - £35
  • Fell Bats - £30

Total RRP = £187.50

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think they are a great starting point for most of these armies, but I am personally going to sit out this round. Which seems to hold for the 40k offerings as well as Valrak's rumours appear to be holding true. 

The seraphon set is the strongest set for me personally, but I would have liked it a little more had it featured Kroak. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Really? I really like the Seraphon one. It has all my favourite models from the recent update. Obviously it price dependent but the chaos and soulblight ones both look like good candidates for doubling up. 

The seraphon box would be absolutely perfect if I hadn't already bought the Slaan, unfortunately the armybox was a thing.

• Like 4

Just now, madmac said:

The seraphon box would be absolutely perfect if I hadn't already bought the Slaan, unfortunately the armybox was a thing.

Yep. It is probably the best, alongside OBR, but it is repetitive with the army box. Same goes for Slaves (you already have 10 chosen and the Theridons, and I would argue that you probably bought a Vanguard on top of it too). I was expecting something more...spectacular. Be'lakor or Katakros would make the boxes 10 times better, at least for me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Two chaos boxes is 1900 points and two Soulblight boxes is 1980 points. Two of the Ossiarch box is 2400 points but I'm not sure anyone would want 8 morghast. 2 of the Seraphon box is 2200 points but I'm not sure you'd want two slann. 

I do think these boxes are designed as army starters rather than additions to existing armies. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Why don't you go and have the same argument with Apple about the pricing of their phones and laptops? Or with Leica about their cameras? Or Bang & Olufsen about their audio equipment?

Because luxury tech is different than a tabletop game that lots of people have invested time and money into? This really shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

This defense of GW's pricing, marketing, etc. is such a weird sentiment that I see all over the place as if the health of the game isn't something GW should consider.

Edited by chosen_of_khaine
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Do we know approximatively when the CoS vanguard box will be announced? 

Trend is roughly two months later I think.

Full Seraphon release was in May and the Vanguard was shown at the end of July. World Eaters similarly got theirs a couple of months later, but I think it was revealed earlier. Imperial Guard got their Combat Patrol pretty much straight away.

If the Warforger is locked to the Army Set/Vanguard for the foreseeable then I can't imagine it'll be long before they  show it off.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Battleforces preview.

Seraphon 

• Kroxigor - £37.50

Total RRP = £202.50

Ossiarchs

• Mortek Guard - £37.50
  • Morghast Archai - £42.50 (x2)

Total RRP = £230

Slaves To Darkness

• Ogroid Theridons - £40
  • Chaos Knights - £40
  • Chosen - £37.50

Total RRP = £192.50

Soulblight

• Blood Knights - £42.50
  • Dire Wolves - £35
  • Fell Bats - £30

Total RRP = £187.50

You get two kits of Morghasts, the Ossiarch Battleforce takes the cake with an impressive £230 worth of models.