The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

It could be a similar scenario now, with the factor this time being the schedule issues they had.

Also another factor that came to my mind could be that this books is quite "short" in terms of boxes. Just two. It could help to push its release as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mutton said:

The idea of this army sounds fun. But bad rules are almost never fun. This could have had fun rules, but instead it's 5+ to do 1 mortal wound every so often. Is giving a unit -1 Bravery fun? What part about doing almost nothing every so often is the fun part?

I don't think it is that random. You get to chose what ability to use each turn, it's just that you can't chose any ability that requires more points than your roll.

Let's see what they have first before going doom&gloom.

18 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I don't think it is that random. You get to chose what ability to use each turn, it's just that you can't chose any ability that requires more points than your roll.

Let's see what they have first before going doom&gloom.

You roll 2D6 and pick equal to or lower than the value. That's random. You're always going to pick the higher valued item. But just to be clear, you're only rolling 5 times a game, at the start of each round. Even if you somehow rolled a 12+ on every round, it would still be a bad ability because the opponent can pretty easily avoid it with the units that matter and a 50/50 shot at D3 mortals isn't anything to write home about.

I'm not trying to be doom & gloom here. I'm just stating facts. It's a poorly thought-out ability that will waste game time every round trying to calculate your roll, figuring out who's "vulnerable," and then rolling another die to maybe do 1 or D3 mortals. This is a replacement for your subfaction by the way...so you're sacrificing extra impact mortals with the Meat Boys, extra rend on your Gun Lads, or double spell boogaloo with your Butcher Dudes.

But hey, maybe the army's enhancements section is god tier and they've left out a crucial, earth-shattering addendum to the rule that turns everything on its head. It's happened before. Hell, if Gorgers end up being one of the best units in the game, giving them run+charge could be reason enough to take the army.

Edited by Mutton
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I'm just stating facts. It's a poorly thought-out ability that will waste game time every round trying to calculate your roll, figuring out who's "vulnerable," and then rolling another die to maybe do 1 or D3 mortals. This is a replacement for your subfaction by the way...so you're sacrificing extra impact mortals with the Meat Boys, extra rend on your Gun Lads, or double spell boogaloo with your Butcher Dudes

And even with all this, I don't see Mawpits ability as bad as you stated.

Btw, I play KOs. Everytime that I shoot I need to roll again to see if I can shoot again...  and that's without looking at tournaments (spoiler, nerf incoming to our 165p elite unit that do less damage than most of other ranged units but our battletrait is so exploitable...).

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

I'm not a fan of this, mainly because Warcry miniatures are so awesome, really clsoe to Underworld warbands. That means that any repeated Heroe or unique model looks like a clone next to another one that looks exactly the same. That's why I only buy 1 Underworlds/Warband of each and use them as alternative sculpts (and I think that I'm not alone in doing that). using two warbands, at elast for me, demands convertion to not look the same.

However!

Let us not lose the sense of proportion here. First, we have a narrative campaign here, these rules might happen to be actually pretty short-lived. This will probably depend on how successful AoR will prove to be, but GW can pull the plug at any point by just saying they're not Matched Play legal. Second, they're not army updates, they're additions. Nothing that's been printed in Battletomes gets changed or invalidated. You play one or the other. And third, I'm sure they're experimenting with ways of providing short term support to armies that badly need it, but are still pretty far away from their full rework. After all, it's so much easier to allocate resources to design and make a warband and some rules, than rewrite a Battletome. So I'm actually seeing it as a positive move on their part. Better get an update that can give a faction a little help and add variety and flavour at the same time, than just have to wait until their Battletome refresh finally comes.

So, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more of that kind of thing in the future.

1 hour ago, Doko said:

no problem because this fyreslayers rules are so bad that nobody gonna want use it.

kharadrons,goblins and sons of behemat got very good rules but the worst army rigth now(fyreslayers) got a useless rules that nobody gonna use and loose the better old rules

can we wait whit the doom and gloom untill the book with the entry of the rules are released?

i s ́choos to have faith

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fellman said:

can we wait whit the doom and gloom untill the book with the entry of the rules are released?

i s ́choos to have faith

hnnn who have said its doom and gloom,they are only useless extra rules that nobody gonna use.

but they dont nerf us or do nothing more,its so simple as fyreslayers gonna continue being the worst army of the moment because these rules wont change nothing

• Confused 8

3 minutes ago, Doko said:

hnnn who have said its doom and gloom,they are only useless extra rules that nobody gonna use.

but they dont nerf us or do nothing more,its so simple as fyreslayers gonna continue being the worst army of the moment because these rules wont change nothing

Some of us just play to have fun. I will use them for sure.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 16
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

good for you,i have learn with the years that all these extra rules have short live with gw.

so i wont buy multiples units of a secundary game to can play with these new bad rules for some months untill gw delete it and i have spent money on units that cant be played/are bad.

i did this buying extra units to play when many of these rules came as the first firestorm campaign before city of sigmar book. i bougth many units of humans,dark elfs,dwarfs to use and then gw deleted these rules and worse even deleted many of these units when citi of sigmar came.

then with city of sigmar book i got some kharadrons and sylvaneth to play for fun with the especial rules of 1 of 4 units,and then came this new book and deleted these rules  and again i have units that i cant use.

in short im happy that fyreslayers got bad rules that nobody gonna use for competitive,so nobody gonna waste extra money buying units for these rules that gonna be deleted in months

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I love this. I frequently lose the games I play but I have fun every time. I’ll make stupid charges if I think it will be an epic fight. I’ll hold units or characters back if it will make for a cool “last stand” situation. My lists are built around what I imagine my temple-city to house, not what’s going to work well together or be effective. 🐸 I can’t imagine buying a unit because it has “good rules” but I’ll buy multiples if I love the sculpts!

Last game I charged my Slann into a Hydra; it made no sense on paper and could have cost me my general/spellcaster but against all the odds it managed to take the last wound off the bloody thing after rounds of it regenerating and I couldn’t keep the grin off my face!

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Like 16

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Really hoping we see Dawnbringers III up for Pre Order soon I love me som Narrative 

Love to see where the narrative is going but also want to see the rules for belthanos and get mu hands on the model. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Really hoping we see Dawnbringers III up for Pre Order soon I love me som Narrative content!!

I am eagerly anticipating 4th edition, I have loved the era of beasts but I am more excited to see what some sneaky rats are doing across the realms, and getting a bit more insight on Ulgu and Slaanesh's continuing machinations. Still hope that Morghur gets his tendrils and claws out by the end of this current narrative and fights the Orruks and Stormcast. I have loved 10th edition 40k despite its balance issues it is more fun for me on a pick up and narrative level. 

Narratively, I am most excited to see Chamon after Be'Lakor's breaking of the gates and the Duardin response to Chaos and Demonic forces. Mgiht be a great setting for introducing some followers of Hashut.

But even if we focus solely on Ulgu, lets give Kharadron and Fyreslayers that Lumineth, and Sylvaneth attention! Kind of love the idea of Grombrindal or Grungni getting a cool heroic model next edition that will contrast against Malerion's shadowy form. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 10

16 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

They will release the Warcry warscrolls today and then a bunch of Cities kits and Dawnbringers this Sunday preview

So only a bunch of CoS kits with Dawnbringers book 3 ? It is strange.  I thought we gonna see the CoS full release instead. 

10 minutes ago, cyrus said:

So only a bunch of CoS kits with Dawnbringers book 3 ? It is strange.  I thought we gonna see the CoS full release instead. 

I want to be caitious because CoS is a very big release. If Dawnbringers is not coming It could be a full release but with the yesterday's article I'm sure It comes this Sunday too

51 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

They will release the Warcry warscrolls today and then a bunch of Cities kits and Dawnbringers this Sunday preview

A bunch, like not all of them? Seems weird. If that's the case, which ones would you guess we will see?

Edited by Ejecutor

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

A bunch, like not all of them? Seems weird. If that's the case, which ones would you guess we will see?

If we check the past big releases it was very common that they split on two weeks. One drop releases like Seraphon or Tyranids are something very new.